- 31 Mar 2017:Toshiba shareholders agreed to split off its prized NAND flash memory unit on Thursday, paving the way for a sale to raise at least $9 billion to cover US nuclear unit charges that threaten the conglomerate's future.
- 29 Mar 2017:Tesla says the stake is passive, meaning Tencent will not get a say in how the US firm is run.
- The US firm has struggled with hefty losses that have thrown its Japanese parent into a crisis, putting the conglomerate's future at risk.
- 21 Mar 2017:The Japanese government said it was not considering steps to support embattled Toshiba and will share information with Washington on developments involving the firm and its US nuclear unit Westinghouse.
- 13 Mar 2017:Traditional yellow sodium street lights are steadily being replaced by white LED bulbs. The new lights use less energy, dramatically cutting carbon emissions and saving money. But not everybody is happy.
- 14 Feb 2017:After a day of delays and confusion, Japan's Toshiba said on Tuesday it expected to book a $6.3 billion hit to its US nuclear unit, a writedown that wipes out its shareholder equity and will drag the group to a full-year loss.
- Toshiba has delayed its earnings announcement, planned for Tuesday, after it was not able to immediately secure the approval of its auditor, a source briefed on the matter said.
- 2 Feb 2017:Toshiba said it will sell a minority stake in its memory chip business as it urgently seeks funds to offset an imminent multi-billion dollar writedown, adding that its overseas nuclear division-the cause of its woes-was now under review.
- 18 Jan 2017:Toshiba is looking to sell a minority stake in its core semiconductor business to Western Digital, a source said, in a bid to dull the blow from a looming multi-billion-dollar writedown on a US nuclear acquisition.
- 4 Jan 2017:Start-up Faraday Future has unveiled a self-driving electric car that it says can accelerate from zero to 60mph (97km/h) in 2.39 seconds.
- 30 Dec 2016:The sell-off of Toshiba shares continues following news that the Japanese electronics maker could write down US nuclear assets by several billion dollars - a strong blow the company's fragile finances could have difficulty handling, investors fear.
- 4 Aug 2016:Tesla says it is on track to deliver 50,000 vehicles in the latter half of this year, which reaffirms its previous guidance.
- Gogoro partners with Bosch subsidiary in scooter sharing service in Berlin (Aug 3) - Company releaseTaiwan-based Gogoro has announced it has teamed up with a new Bosch subsidiary, Coup, to provide smart e-scooter sharing service in Berlin.
- 2 Aug 2016:Tesla's offer represented about half of SolarCity's value a year ago, a tumble reflecting the solar company's slowing growth, complex financial structure and the increased scrutiny of government incentives for rooftop solar.
- 15 Jul 2016:Infineon Technologies, Europe's biggest chipmaker by revenue, agreed to buy Cree's Wolfspeed Power unit for $850 million to expand in fast-growing markets such as electric cars, renewable energy and the Internet of Things.
- 7 Jul 2016:Taiwan is bracing itself for the arrival of a vast typhoon, expected to hit the island on Friday.
- 24 Jun 2016:UKIP leader Nigel Farage hailed it as the UK's "independence day" but the Remain camp called it a "catastrophe."
- 22 Jun 2016:
- 17 May 2016:Toshiba posted a wider-than-forecast operating loss after the troubled electronics conglomerate wrote down the value of its Westinghouse power unit.
- 22 Apr 2016:
- 20 Apr 2016:On 15th April, GCL System Integration Technology (GCL-SI) signed an agreement with Australia One Stop Warehouse OSW) that GCL-SI owns a 51% stake of OSW. Both have also come to an agreement in sales distribution, strategic development and future business planning, etc.
- Mitsubishi Motors tumble after the carmaker warns of misconduct in fuel economy tests.
- 17 Mar 2016:Suntech has announced to cooperate with the new government in Colombo, the biggest city of Sri Lanka. Suntech will provide 378 pieces of polycrystalline solar modules for a roof-top system.
- 15 Mar 2016:The laptops-to-nuclear conglomerate said it had overstated past profits by JPY5.8 billion (US$51.30 million) on a pretax basis due to seven new accounting errors, on top of the 224.8 billion in overstated profits it has already announced.
- 26 Feb 2016:Panasonic will cut 50 jobs in April at a factory that makes solar ingots in Oregon amid slowing demand for photovoltaic panels in Japan.
- 4 Feb 2016:Toshiba said it would record the biggest annual loss in its 140-year-old history as the firm wrote down the book value of several units, including energy and infrastructure, while restructuring costs ballooned.
- 19 Jan 2016:China's economy grew by 6.9% in 2015, compared with 7.3% a year earlier, marking its slowest growth in a quarter of a century.
- 8 Jan 2016:The consumer electronics company says it plans to spend up to US$1.6 billion on an advanced battery factoryan with electric-car maker Tesla Motors.
- 15 Dec 2015:A landmark deal to curb global warming dented shares of fossil fuel companies on Monday and lifted renewable energy stocks, although some price swings were muted by the non-binding nature of the pact.
- With the ink barely dry on a landmark climate accord, nations now face an even more daunting challenge: how to get their industries to go along.
- 4 Dec 2015:At the Paris climate summit earlier this week, Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy pledged to "de-carbonize" his economy. But back home, Spain's biggest renewable energy company is on the verge of becoming the country's biggest-ever bankruptcy.
- 1 Dec 2015:There has been a rapid decline in the costs of solar and wind power, to such an extent that both technologies are now cheaper than nuclear or coal. This development will radically transform global electricity generation networks.
- Denmark and the island of Samso is the "Go To" destination for the world to learn about the successful transition to the low-carbon economy.
- Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist Bill Gates unveiled plans Monday by an international coalition to invest billions of dollars in clean-energy projects to combat global warming.
- 30 Nov 2015:Subsidaries of China-based polysilicon and PV module manufacturer LDK Solar have been forced into bankruptcy proceedings in China only shortly after the parent company, formerly listed in the US, exited bankruptcy proceedings of its own.
- 17 Nov 2015:Alternative energy is by far the fastest growing segment of the energy industry today. Wind and solar alone account for over half of the new electricity capacity installed in the U.S. today, and they're growing domestically and around the world.
- World Energy Outlook 2015 predicts Africa could be the first to power economic growth with renewable energy while India becomes one of the world's biggest energy consumers.
- 3 Nov 2015:Treasury unexpectedly axes incentive for building new renewable energy sources, on top of previously announced subsidy cuts
- Renewables are powering a rare bright spot in the energy industry, with record job hiring in solar, wind and hydro partly offsetting the biggest round of job losses in the oil and gas sector in almost two decades.
- 27 Oct 2015:Adding to its long list of forward thinking initiatives, Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) has made a considerable effort to make its energy resources green. The company owns at least 60 megawatts of solar plants built by SunPower (NASDAQ:SPWR), is contracted with First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR) to buy $848 million of solar electricity over 25 years, and is now committing to a plan to build two gigawats of renewable energy in China.
- YC SYNERGY launches gen 4 automotive fuel cell module
- Heraeus Introduces New Series of Pastes as Solar Market Accelerates Moving to PERC Technology
- Heraeus introduces new series of PERC Metallization Pastes at PV Taiwan International Photovoltaic Exhibition
- Heraeus confidently looking to next phase of legal proceedings in Taiwan patent dispute
- Accumulating comprehensive smart living achievements, Tatung is devoted to building smart green communities
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
Demand for PERC solar cells is rising.
China has announced the PV feed-in tariffs for 2017.
Taiwan and China solar firms face antitrust tariffs in the US and Europe.
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...