- 27 Nov 2013:Kenya suspended issuing new licenses for wind farms and solar plants until 2017 as it prioritizes development of cheaper fuel-based sources to help cut electricity prices, Energy Secretary Davis Chirchir said.
- In October, power plants generating 530 megawatts of electricity came online in the United States. And every single electron put on the grid came from the sun, according to a report released today.
- Make sense to us: Buy an electric car and get a deal for a home solar unit.
- 22 Nov 2013:The future of the US wind industry is taking shape in an unlikely place.
- Most people would agree that fossil fuels simply need to go. They're the cause of pollution, wars and climate change. Thankfully, scientists have been researching alternative energy solutions like wind and solar power for years.
- 21 Nov 2013:Plans for a 1km (3,280ft) inflatable solar chimney have been outlined by a leading balloon specialist.
- 19 Nov 2013:A Wuxi court has approved Shunfeng Photovoltiac International's purchase of Suntech Power's manufacturing arm, taking the protracted saga closer to conclusion.
- America's energy use poses threats to national security on numerous fronts.
- Goan panel satisfied with German waste treatment technology: Deputy CM (November 19) - Times of IndiaThe 38-member Goan delegation that visited three European countries on a study tour of garbage treatment plants there "felt good about the technologies", especially the German technology, and believe it can be replicated in Goa.
- Andreas Liebheit becomes Global Manager for Heraeus Photovoltaics Business Unit
- Heraeus to showcase new metallization pastes at Renewable Energy India 2013
- ABB to acquire Power-One to become a global leader in solar photovoltaic (PV) inverters
- Heraeus purchases the Ferro Corporation solar paste business
- Advantech: Supporting the Photovoltaics Industry with All-in-One Solutions
Solar wafer firms in Taiwan expects prices to increase due to the possible shortage in second-half 2013
Taiwan-based solar firms have been expressing optimistic view about the solar market.
China-based large-size solar firm Suntech Power Holdings failed to pay back US$541 million in convertible notes on March 15 and announced the insolvency...
China government reportedly planned to announce the preliminary result of the anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigation on February 20, but now the...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...
The Taiwan-based solar supply chain is likely to enter a period of consolidation. For upstream material...