- 24 Mar 2015:Companies to issue US$30 billion in "green bonds" this year, S&P reports (mar 23) - International Bussiness TimesElectric utilities, real estate firms and other companies could issue a record $30 billion in "green bonds" this year, Standard & Poor's Rating Services said Monday.
- Costa Rica is running without having to burn a single fossil fuel, and it's been doing so for 75 straight days.
- 20 Mar 2015:Obama administration wants more renewable energy, tighter pollution controls on public lands (Mar 17) - Washington PostThe Obama administration will seek tougher standards for companies extracting oil, gas and coal on taxpayer-owned land during its remaining months in office, even as it pushes for expanded solar and wind projects, Interior Secretary Sally Jewell said Tuesday.
- 17 Mar 2015:To meet the planet's growing energy needs, scientists are casting their eyes towards plants, which long ago perfected the process of capturing the sun's rays - light energy - and transforming that into starch - chemical energy - that can be stored.
- In the wake of the annual meeting of two of China's highest political bodies, one of the country's leading politicians and business figures has called for the conversion of its vast interior into a hub for the development of renewable energy.
- Five reasons to be wary of green energy investments (Mar 12) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Many investors are attracted to "green" investments by the promise of good returns allied with care for the environment. But there are growing fears that some are being sucked into unsuitable schemes. Here are five reasons to be wary.
- BIG SUN and SAS sign iPV Solar Tracker exclusive distribution agreement for Germany and Italy
- Brand new fuel cell ferry in full service
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Heraeus Photovoltaics consolidates research and development in US
- Heraeus Photovoltaics features SOL9620 Series and the SOL9621 Series at Intersolar N.A. 2014
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...
The Taiwan-based solar supply chain is likely to enter a period of consolidation. For upstream material...