- 29 Jul 2015:Netflix has revealed a launch schedule for its upcoming Originals content through to the end of 2016 - and people with 4K UHD TVs will be pleased to hear that a decent number of the new shows are going to be released in the higher-definition format.
- On many screens and from most seating positions, your eyes are unable to tell the difference between regular ol' HD and 4K. Where 4K does shine, however, is on large or those new-fangled HDR screens.
- 21 Jul 2015:Toshiba's chief executive and president Hisao Tanaka is to resign after the company said it had overstated its profits for the past six years.
- 20 Jul 2015:Corning has announced that its board of directors has authorized a new US$2 billion share repurchase program of the company's common stock. The program will expire on December 31, 2016.
- 17 Jul 2015:With a starting price of US$1,300, the new JS7000 4K TV is the least-expensive option in the company's flagship SUHD line.
- 15 Jul 2015:Applied Materials is using an industry trade show this week to try to persuade analysts that the company will be just as well off without merging with fellow tool-maker Tokyo Electron.
- 6 Jul 2015:Doubts over the sales prospects of Samsung Electronics' new flagship smartphones are damping expectations of a rapid turnaround for the South Korean giant, even though profit likely continues to recover from last year's troughs.
- 3 Jul 2015:Ultra HD 4K television: Should you buy one, what is there to watch and is it worth it? - International Bussiness TimesWalk into any high street electrical store and you'll be greeted by a wide range of 4K Ultra HD televisions, as manufacturers turn up the brightness and crank up the contrast ratio to convince you to splash out on a technology claimed to be four times better than HD.
- Tired of recording 'just' 1080p video on your iPhone while your friends produce clips in glorious 4K? You
- 30 Jun 2015:LG Electronics and Google agreed Tuesday to launch a joint marketing campaign to promote organic light-emitting diode (OLED) TVs.
- 29 Jun 2015:SSamsung Electronics and LG Electronics are mounting an all-out effort to sell their premium TV models, including the SUHD TV and the OLED TV. The future does not look so bright for the global TV market. However, the high-end TV market is still promising since emerging countries, including China, have not caught up with the companies.
- The biggest 4K UHD sports announcement of the past six weeks, though, came out of the UK, as broadcasting and communications giant BT announced that it was going to launch a 4K sports channel, BT Sport Ultra HD, in August, ready to show 4K footage from Champions League and Premier League Soccer as well as top-level rugby matches.
- 9to5Mac reports that Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) may be readying a brand new iMac, complete with a 4K Retina Display. The site reports that within the latest beta version of Apple's upcoming OS X El Capitan operating system, there is a reference to a system with a 4096-by-2304 ("4K") display.
- 25 Jun 2015:Much attention is being paid to the possibility that Apple will adopt flexible screens on its future iPhone models, as major Korean display manufacturers are seeking to persuade the U.S.-based global IT giant to do it.
- 23 Jun 2015:Sony unveiled its super-thin 4K Android TV sets earlier this year but, until now, we weren't sure what they were going to cost. Now the company is finally ready to reveal those secrets as it prepares for launch.
- New OLED and QDot technology will make televisions as portable as a mobile phone or tablet (Jun 23) - South China Morning PostThe latest designs are so thin and flexible that you can peel them off your wall and roll them up like a sheet of cardboard, making them as portable as a mobile phone or tablet.
- Germany's Merck aims to be a leading maker of OLED (organic light-emitting diode) materials by 2018, its head of chemicals said on Friday.
- In line with this strategy, LG announced Tuesday that it would join hands with California-based Google to promote LG's premium OLED TVs.
- 18 Jun 2015:Ultimately, LG's super UHD TV narrowly beat Samsung's model.
- There's one THX-certified 4K television in the early-2015 stable-the 70-inch Sharp Aquos LC-UH30U.
- 15 Jun 2015:OLEDs are hard to make in TV sizes. Smaller devices like phones have been using them for a while now, with great success. The problem is, when you try and make a TV of 50-inches or more you have production problems.
- The vast beauty of space is about to look even more beautiful on your computer screen. Starting today, NASA will offer "4K Ultra High-Definition (UHD)" videos on YouTube, taking advantage of the site's relatively new ability to serve up 4K videos at a super smooth frame rate of 60 frames-per-second.
- 12 Jun 2015:Sharp's first 4K televisions running Android TV are now hitting stores.
- 10 Jun 2015:A new report says the Chinese phone maker is prepping a handset with a humongous 3,840x 2,160-pixel display.
- While BT will begin charging Sky subscribers for access to Champions League football next season, the company may soon ask for more money from existing customers too. It's for a good reason, though: the company has said it will launch the first 4K channel in Europe in August, called BT Sport Ultra HD, delivering selected matches from the Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League and Aviva Premiership Rugby.
- The company is spending billions on high-end TV displays.
- Samsung has unveiled the 'world's first' 55-inch transparent and mirror OLED displays in Hong Kong.
- 4 Jun 2015:Japan's struggling electronics maker Sharp is set to post a net loss of JPY180 billion (US$1.45 billion) in the current year through next March, Kyodo News reported on Thursday, without citing sources.
- 26 May 2015:Even as the total sales volume of flat panel TV continues to slow down in key Asian markets, consumer demand for Ultra HD models has spiked 'exponentially' in the past year, says research firm GfK.
- But what would it take to get an actual OLED display inside the iPhone? Recall in January, Japanese media reports stated Apple has contracted both Foxconn and Innolux to build a $2.6 billion plant to manufacture not only flexible OLED displays for wearable devices, but also five-inch OLED smartphone displays.
- 19 May 2015:"We expect that the Ultra HD BluRay release, and many content releases that will be coming this fall, to really drive content and maybe even adoption of these 4K-enabled products."
- Tech giant Apple quietly abandoned plans to make an Ultra HD set over a year ago, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday.
- As Apple basks in the unprecedented demand for its latest iPhones, suppliers from Tokyo to Taipei are sharing in the spoils.
- 30 Apr 2015:Four models from Sony's 2015 Android TV-powered 4K television range are now available for pre-order, with shipping to begin in May.
- 29 Apr 2015:In a year that's seen Panasonic giving up on plasma TVs and consumer mobile phones, the Japanese company has finally returned to profit.
- 23 Apr 2015:Samsung Electronics says its biggest rival, LG Electronics, will soon join the global alliance to boost the Ultra HD market.
- 15 Apr 2015:Here are 5 reasons why I'll wait at least a year to buy my first 4K UHD TV.
- 13 Apr 2015:Samsung Electronics' mobile chief warned on Thursday of limited supplies of its new curved-screen smartphones because of challenges in manufacturing the screens.
- 7 Apr 2015:LG Display is planning to raise the yield of its ultra HD OLED panel production facilities to 80 percent within this year.
- Plasma TVs may be extinct, but OLED screens now fill that niche. Only one company makes them, so you'll need deep pockets to afford the best picture on the market.
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan 2Q15 LCD TV shipments decline 8% on year
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan 2Q15 small- to medium-size panel shipments drop 0.4%
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers to see flat growth for large-size panels in 2H15
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan LCD monitor shipments decline over 10% in 2Q15
- The rise of new enter in touch industry, TOI introduce large size IC to the market
- The Fortrend OGS received U.S. Patent Certificate
- Celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup with Digital Signage
- Touch-Controlled Living - Digital Technologies Transform the Face of Traditional Industries
- The incredible anti-germ performance of Fortrend Liquid Diamond
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Digital Signage Expo 2012 opens conference registration
- Subkarma invited OPTOTECH to take part in the '2011 Taipei World Design Expo'
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
- Digitimes Research: Touch IC developers turning to fingerprint sensors
- Digitimes Research: Dell high-end LCD monitors may be 24-, 27-inch models
- Is Quantum Dot the next big thing for the TV market?
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens and other innovations. In order to boost consumer...
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
4K TVs continue to grow strong in the market and are expected to more than double in 2015. Panel makers and TV vendors alike are eying opportunities...
Touch Taiwan 2014 to be held in Taipei from August 27-29.
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
Historically, Computex has played a key role in the global IT ecosystem, complementing other tradeshows...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- A glimpse into the e-book reader market - May 2010
In 2008, worldwide e-book reader shipments totaled only 700,000 units, according to Digitimes Research. But demand exploded in 2009 as consumer interests grew...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Large-size LCD panel overview - Jun 2007
Global large-size LCD panel market revenues are expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% to US$96.2 billion by 2011, up from US$53.5...