- 18 Dec 2014:Many users can't make the move to 4K because of their system's video output. The latest Intel HD4400/4600 graphics technically support 3,840 x 2,160 at 60Hz, but not all systems with Intel HD 4000 Graphics have the DisplayPort output needed to carry the signal.
- Sony's latest answer to Google Glass, the Single-Lens Display Module links to smartphones.
- 17 Dec 2014:For the last few years 4K "Ultra HD" televisions have been displayed at CES, but in 2015 they'll dominate -- not just on the show floor, but on showroom floors everywhere throughout the year.
- Specifically, LG says that the quantum dot TVs will offer "a wider color palette and improved color saturation than conventional LCD TVs."
- 11 Dec 2014:Electrochemical processing method improves success rate of manufacturing OLED displays - Business LineA Korean research team has successfully developed a technology to promise an ultra-high resolution OLED display, which are acknowledged to be next-gen displays, through a production conversion process. -
- 10 Dec 2014:Given the amount of confusion surrounding 4K connections right now, it's great to find that the 55AX900 is as bang up to date as it could be.
- In OLED systems, the process is simplified. Each subpixel organically produces its own light, thereby dispensing of the need for a backlight. This comes with several added benefits such as lighter weight, flexibility and transparency.
- TCL sold 1.4 million LCD TVs in November, down 23.8%.
- 9 Dec 2014:When Universal Display signed a long-term license agreement with Samsung Display in mid-2011, its stock understandably skyrocketed in response.
- LG has refocused on bringing OLED screens to market, forming a dedicated division exclusively focused on the display format.
- 3 Dec 2014:Should you buy a 4K TV this year? Short answer? Nope. Long answer... maybe.
- 2 Dec 2014:For today only, Microsoft has slashed $200 off the price of the Dell 28-inch Ultra HD 4K (3840 x 2160) display. Normally retailing for $500, for Cyber Monday this is only US$300.
- Amazon is adding a late entry to this year's Cyber Monday extravaganza. The online retailer just announced the Fire TV set-top streaming box will go on sale Monday afternoon for $69, $30 off the sticker price.
- 1 Dec 2014:Soon - he said - they'll give you your TV hardware for free. It will be paid for by targeted advertising.
- An estimated 95 million Americans will shop on Black Friday, and they want consumer electronics in their carts.
- 28 Nov 2014:4K TVs have been available for several years now, but shipments in 2014 have significantly accelerated due to broader competition and more accessible price points activating new consumer groups.
- Apple has updated its support document detailing 4K displays with Mac support to add LG's recently announced 31-inch 4K monitor (31MU97).
- So to help you make a more informed decision, especially given that this has been a far from vintage year for TV quality generally, here's my list of the 10 best TVs (five 4K, five HD) I've tested in 2014.
- 25 Nov 2014:Prices for 4K monitors have dropped below $500, bringing them within the reach of cost-conscious buyers looking to replace 1080p displays.
- I recently spent a month with two of AOC's latest models: a 24-incher with NVIDIA G-Sync support for serious gaming, and a 4K 28-inch display that puts a premium on pixels. Could either one convince me to let go of my trusty Viewsonic?
- Apple packed the biggest display it's ever made onto the iPhone 6 Plus, and while its 1920?1080 resolution is great for streaming 1080p videos, it turns out that Apple also secretly added 4K video support without telling anyone.
- OLED displays and smart-phone/tablet screens are going to see "spectacular" growth rates over the next few years according to a stud from Infiniti Research/TechNavio. The analyst firm say that the global OLED display market will grow at a CAGR of 36.7% in the period to 2018.
- A review of Apple's recent job listings suggests Universal Display's long-term future might include spots inside Apple's iDevices.
- 21 Nov 2014:According to Qualcomm, who builds many of today's key technologies in mobile, 4K smartphones are just around the corner, and they'll take pixel counts to an - arguably absurd - new level.
- It's not an easy time to be shopping for a new TV. Do you want that crisp 4K resolution, or a gorgeous new OLED display?
- 19 Nov 2014:The last remaining hurdle to flexible, bendable, rollable OLED displays allowing designers to create myriad devices that can bend, flex, and conform to almost any shape over and over without damage has been solved by Kateeva Inc. (Menlo Park, Calif.).
- 18 Nov 2014:When critics of Samsung see the Korean technology mega-corporation turn out yet another huge, impressively sharp screen for a new phone or tablet computer, it makes them see red. Well, not red, actually-more like a super-saturated, unrealistically bright version of red.
- There's just one rather large hurdle LG needs to clear: how to make notoriously hard-to-produce OLED TVs affordable enough for ?˜normal people' to buy.
- 12 Nov 2014:
- 11 Nov 2014:LG Display has revealed its future plans for P-OLED displays, which could include using the new type of screen on smartphones, tablets, computers, and even TVs.
- 7 Nov 2014:The new Ultra HD screen could be ready in time for Samsung's next Galaxy Note device, according to blog site Phone Arena.
- I have seen the future of high definition displays and lo, it is glorious. Not to mention rollable, foldable, and clearly superior to LCD/LED-really every other panel technology available today.
- 6 Nov 2014:Could social media have predicted the failure of 3D TVs and its successor 4K?
- 4 Nov 2014:This imposingly named premium laptop line adds an Ultra HD screen for high-res PC gaming.
- There's typically two touchscreen devices consumers use in 2014: a smartphone and a tablet.
- Kim Hyun-seok, head of Samsung Electronics' TV business, has told reporters in Seoul that it's still too early for the company to launch OLED TVs and that Samsung's "strategy on OLED TV this year as well as next year remains unchanged."
- 31 Oct 2014:LG Electronics Inc (066570.KS), maker of expensive OLED display televisions, said it will supplement its line-up of next-generation TVs with sets using cheaper quantum dot display technology under a dual-track strategy.
- This monitor is designed for video production, which is the primary reason for buying a 5K display as opposed to a 4K display.
- 28 Oct 2014:South Korea's LG Electronics said on Tuesday that it will end the production of plasma display televisions by end-November in order to focus its efforts on liquid crystal display and OLED TVs.
- Samsung Electronics plan to introduce a cadmium-free quantum dot TV (QD TV) next year.
- The rise of new enter in touch industry, TOI introduce large size IC to the market
- The Fortrend OGS received U.S. Patent Certificate
- Celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup with Digital Signage
- Touch-Controlled Living - Digital Technologies Transform the Face of Traditional Industries
- The incredible anti-germ performance of Fortrend Liquid Diamond
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Digital Signage Expo 2012 opens conference registration
- Subkarma invited OPTOTECH to take part in the '2011 Taipei World Design Expo'
- Will Xiaomi be a target for Foxconn's new collaboration with Innolux?
- Digitimes Research: GTAT woes disrupt sapphire industry
- Gaining an advantage in emerging markets: Q&A with India-based handset player Micromax
- Voices from India: How can Taiwan best tap the booming India handset market
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
Touch Taiwan 2014 to be held in Taipei from August 27-29.
Flexible displays are expected to become more widely used in mobile applications in 2014. But how flexible will they be? Due to constraints in components...
China panel makers are continuing to increase their production capacity in addition to improving their technology. Some market observers say this is...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
Historically, Computex has played a key role in the global IT ecosystem, complementing other tradeshows...
Silicon Image is a semiconductor IP company whose expertise is connecting boxes to displays. The company...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- A glimpse into the e-book reader market - May 2010
In 2008, worldwide e-book reader shipments totaled only 700,000 units, according to Digitimes Research. But demand exploded in 2009 as consumer interests grew...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Large-size LCD panel overview - Jun 2007
Global large-size LCD panel market revenues are expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% to US$96.2 billion by 2011, up from US$53.5...