- 21 Apr 2014:Ultra HD (sometimes called "4K") televisions have been around for more than a year, but until now held limited appeal. Prices were stratospheric, making it hard to justify a bump in clarity. Now Ultra HD prices are flying closer to Earth: Brand-name sets start below $2,500, and $5,000 will get you Samsung's top 65-inch curved-screen HU9000, which I tested this week.
- LG is planning on flooding the market with glassless TVs in 2017.
- 18 Apr 2014:LG Display Co., a South Korean maker of flat-panel screens for TVs and smartphones, expects the outlook for its key business to get worse this year due to a rapid fall in panel prices, but its first-quarter earnings could beat analysts' expectations, a senior company executive said Thursday.
- 8 Apr 2014:
- 1 Apr 2014:The Korean electronics giant is weeks away from delivering 28 inches of Ultra HD goodness at a price that should continue the march toward mainstream 4K adoption.
- Almost everything about an Apple-Comcast television service is guesswork at this point - and, unsurprisingly, neither Apple nor Comcast are talking about it.
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan LCD monitor shipments reach 24.47 million in 4Q13
- Fortrend upgrades OGS touch panels with anti-interference capability
- Fortrend Liquid Diamond layer provides anti-germ capability 4 times that of untreated glass
- Seeking unlimited possibilities of Liquid Crystal and discovering new applications for daily life
- Atmel moves its groundbreaking XSense touch sensor into mass production
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Digital Signage Expo 2012 opens conference registration
- Subkarma invited OPTOTECH to take part in the '2011 Taipei World Design Expo'
- Digitimes Research: Single-layer multi-touch technology to enter tablet touch panel market
- Digitimes Research: ITO film price drop to slow metal mesh penetration in mid-size touch applications
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels not as popular as expected
- Will AUO and Innolux merge?
- Digitimes Research: Insufficient panel supplies to limit 2K-resolution smartphone penetration in 2014
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
Flexible displays are expected to become more widely used in mobile applications in 2014. But how flexible will they be? Due to constraints in components...
China panel makers are continuing to increase their production capacity in addition to improving their technology. Some market observers say this is...
As Ultra HD TVs are gaining popularity in the market due to their increased resolution and decreased pricing, coupled with vendors' plans to work more...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
Taiwan-based TFT-LCD panel maker AU Optronics (AUO) saw its business operation swing from total net...
Taiwan-based Chimei Group, once a major LCD panel maker, now focuses on providing upstream components...
Singapore-based Gajah International Pte Ltd (Gajah) has won several Computex 2013 Design and Innovation...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- A glimpse into the e-book reader market - May 2010
In 2008, worldwide e-book reader shipments totaled only 700,000 units, according to Digitimes Research. But demand exploded in 2009 as consumer interests grew...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Large-size LCD panel overview - Jun 2007
Global large-size LCD panel market revenues are expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% to US$96.2 billion by 2011, up from US$53.5...