- 25 Nov 2014:Prices for 4K monitors have dropped below $500, bringing them within the reach of cost-conscious buyers looking to replace 1080p displays.
- I recently spent a month with two of AOC's latest models: a 24-incher with NVIDIA G-Sync support for serious gaming, and a 4K 28-inch display that puts a premium on pixels. Could either one convince me to let go of my trusty Viewsonic?
- Apple packed the biggest display it's ever made onto the iPhone 6 Plus, and while its 1920?1080 resolution is great for streaming 1080p videos, it turns out that Apple also secretly added 4K video support without telling anyone.
- OLED displays and smart-phone/tablet screens are going to see "spectacular" growth rates over the next few years according to a stud from Infiniti Research/TechNavio. The analyst firm say that the global OLED display market will grow at a CAGR of 36.7% in the period to 2018.
- A review of Apple's recent job listings suggests Universal Display's long-term future might include spots inside Apple's iDevices.
- 21 Nov 2014:According to Qualcomm, who builds many of today's key technologies in mobile, 4K smartphones are just around the corner, and they'll take pixel counts to an - arguably absurd - new level.
- It's not an easy time to be shopping for a new TV. Do you want that crisp 4K resolution, or a gorgeous new OLED display?
- 19 Nov 2014:The last remaining hurdle to flexible, bendable, rollable OLED displays allowing designers to create myriad devices that can bend, flex, and conform to almost any shape over and over without damage has been solved by Kateeva Inc. (Menlo Park, Calif.).
- 18 Nov 2014:When critics of Samsung see the Korean technology mega-corporation turn out yet another huge, impressively sharp screen for a new phone or tablet computer, it makes them see red. Well, not red, actually-more like a super-saturated, unrealistically bright version of red.
- There's just one rather large hurdle LG needs to clear: how to make notoriously hard-to-produce OLED TVs affordable enough for ?śnormal people' to buy.
- 12 Nov 2014:
- 11 Nov 2014:LG Display has revealed its future plans for P-OLED displays, which could include using the new type of screen on smartphones, tablets, computers, and even TVs.
- The Fortrend OGS received U.S. Patent Certificate
- Celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup with Digital Signage
- Touch-Controlled Living - Digital Technologies Transform the Face of Traditional Industries
- The incredible anti-germ performance of Fortrend Liquid Diamond
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan LCD monitor shipments reach 24.47 million in 4Q13
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Digital Signage Expo 2012 opens conference registration
- Subkarma invited OPTOTECH to take part in the '2011 Taipei World Design Expo'
- Will Xiaomi be a target for Foxconn's new collaboration with Innolux?
- Digitimes Research: GTAT woes disrupt sapphire industry
- Gaining an advantage in emerging markets: Q&A with India-based handset player Micromax
- Voices from India: How can Taiwan best tap the booming India handset market
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
Touch Taiwan 2014 to be held in Taipei from August 27-29.
Flexible displays are expected to become more widely used in mobile applications in 2014. But how flexible will they be? Due to constraints in components...
China panel makers are continuing to increase their production capacity in addition to improving their technology. Some market observers say this is...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
Historically, Computex has played a key role in the global IT ecosystem, complementing other tradeshows...
Silicon Image is a semiconductor IP company whose expertise is connecting boxes to displays. The company...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- A glimpse into the e-book reader market - May 2010
In 2008, worldwide e-book reader shipments totaled only 700,000 units, according to Digitimes Research. But demand exploded in 2009 as consumer interests grew...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Large-size LCD panel overview - Jun 2007
Global large-size LCD panel market revenues are expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% to US$96.2 billion by 2011, up from US$53.5...