- 24 Apr 2015:In normal daylight, the big tanks used to store Noble Energy Inc.'s petroleum looked solid enough. But when regulators examined them through thermal cameras, they made a startling discovery: Noxious pollutants escaped from the tanks like smoke from a chimney.
- Japan's government has proposed making nuclear energy account for between 20-22% of the country's electricity mix by 2030.
- Tough new environmental rules and cheap energy prices are heightening the battle between coal miners and natural-gas pumpers over which fuel will dominate the U.S. power market.
- Energy storage will be increasingly important in the years to come -- and not just because of electric cars. As intermittent renewable energy sources like sun (sometimes it's dark) or wind (sometimes it's still) power ramp up, energy storage will allow consumers to take advantage of their captured power whenever they need it. And that's where General Electric Company isn't giving up ground.
- 21 Apr 2015:The future of American energy, according to one widely held view, will include solar panels and wind turbines continuing to proliferate, churning out ever more electricity and eventually eclipsing fossil fuels to help offset the forces of climate change.
- 7 Apr 2015:Tidal energy to produce electricity is the wave of the future. Thailand will get on board eventually, but in typical fashion, will follow the crowd and wind up being 10-25 years behind the countries at the vanguard.
- Starting in June, defense companies including Thales SA and Multicon Solar AG will join NATO to test the military's ability to use renewable power in combat and humanitarian operations.
- Shares in Toshiba fell nearly 5% on Monday after the company said it was looking into possible accounting irregularities, its second investigation into its bookkeeping practices in less then two years.
- BIG SUN and SAS sign iPV Solar Tracker exclusive distribution agreement for Germany and Italy
- Brand new fuel cell ferry in full service
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Heraeus Photovoltaics consolidates research and development in US
- Heraeus Photovoltaics features SOL9620 Series and the SOL9621 Series at Intersolar N.A. 2014
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...