- 1 Jun 2016:Although Skyworks posted revenue growth, it missed the estimates. This indicated that the slowdown in iPhone sales hit the company's earnings more than what was expected. This saw the company's stock fall by 6.9% after the announcement of the earnings.
- 31 May 2016:
- 30 May 2016:In a surprise announcement, Swedish mining firm KnC Miner said today that it is filing for bankruptcy, citing Bitcoin block reward halving and competition from Chinese hardware companies.
- Globalfoundries releases performance-enhanced 130nm SiGe RF technology to advance next-generation wireless network communications (May 23) - Company releaseGlobalfoundries has announced a next-generation radio-frequency (RF) silicon solution for its Silicon Germanium (SiGe) high-performance technology portfolio. The technology is optimized for customers who need improved performance solutions for automotive radar, satellite communications, 5G millimeter-wave base stations and other wireless and wireline communication network applications.
- Apple watchers can add "OLED display" to the list of features we're expecting in the iPhone 7, as hinted by the CEO of Applied Materials.
- 25 May 2016:
- Sluggish sales of Apple's iPhones are starting to hit Sony's bottom line, with the electronics company warning Tuesday that it expects the business that makes components for smartphones to post a wider operating loss.
- Cowen & Co.'s semi analyst Timothy Arcuri reiterates an Outperform rating on shares of Qualcomm, apparently a likely potential bidder. Writes Arcuri, "While not specifically mentioned, QCOM is often cited as a potential buyer."
- Taiwan's tech suppliers will get significantly fewer orders from Apple in the second half of 2016 compared with a year ago, no thanks to an ongoing slump in demand for premium smartphones and a lack of groundbreaking features for the upcoming iPhone 7, sources familiar with the matter told the Nikkei Asian Review.
- 24 May 2016:Synopsys has completed the acquisition of Gold Standard Simulations, a leading provider of TCAD and EDA simulation solutions for design technology co-optimization (DTCO) of advanced process nodes.
- The study finds that the companies with the greatest number of IoT patents globally are the chip-makers Qualcomm and Intel, followed by Chinese network-gear maker ZTE.
- Japan's Toshiba plans to more than halve its capital base, a move that may enable it to resume paying dividends quicker and get a fresh capital injection as it aims to recover from a $1.3 billion accounting scandal last year.
- 23 May 2016:
- Total layoffs could affect more than 14,000 jobs.
- 22 May 2016:Nomura's Chris Chang thinks Sony is now behind schedule, which means that Apple will have to go to LG Innotek for assembly.
- There have been many rumors swirling around the news Samsung Galaxy Note 6, which will be arriving, most likely, in August.
- Facebook has hired a team of virtual reality experts in London, creating the first European base for its burgeoning Oculus division as Mark Zuckerberg aims to be at the forefront of the new technology.
- Nokia is cutting 1,032 jobs in Finland as part of a cost-cutting program following its acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent, the telecom network equipment maker said in a statement on Friday.
- Artificial intelligence providing superhuman growth for NVIDIA
- Toshiba showcasing SSD solutions with OCZ brand in Computex 2016
- Leadtek looks to build on healthcare solutions leverage its longtime high-performance visual computing technologies by eyeing medical IoT opportunities
- EVEN Systems showcases new all-in-one, mPOS and medical grade solutions at Computex 2016
- Conexant enhances AudioSmart technology to enable innovative audio applications
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
The launch of virtual reality headsets for the consumer market and the increasing demand for ultra...
Dassault Systemes, a European multinational software company that develops 3D design, 3D engineering,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...