- 11 Mar 2014:Europe could save ??60bn in avoided fuel import costs, if it ramped up its 2030 renewable energy target by just three percentage points, according to a new industry analysis that urges member states to strengthen the EU's proposed new climate package.
- Oregon's deep blue sea is poised to be a new testing ground for green energy, as advanced technology has entrepreneurs lining up to try to harness the Pacific's wind and waves.
- 7 Mar 2014:A commission of experts appointed by the German parliament has recommended Chancellor Angela Merkel's government to abolish all subsidies for green energy, highlighting mounting opposition to plans to reform instead of scrap the system.
- What's happening in Kansas could be happening in your state. It's not completely clear that the efforts to rollback the statewide renewable energy requirements there - and in 16 other states - will succeed. But it is obvious that, nationally, the tax preference given to renewables is fading.
- 4 Mar 2014:Amtech Systems, a supplier of production and automation systems and related supplies for the manufacture of solar cells, semiconductors, and sapphire and silicon wafers, has received approximately US$10 million in new solar orders.
- Deal will make TSMC Solar's 'CIGS' modules available across North America.
- 27 Feb 2014:In 1979, when Richard Branson bought the 74-acre Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands, he paid less than $300,000.
- Did you hear that a barge leaked 31,500 gallons of crude oil into the Mississippi River over the weekend? When the tanker collided with a tugboat, the resulting spill caused 65 miles of the river to be shut down for two days as New Orleans Port traffic ground to a halt and drinking water intakes were closed.
- Heraeus Photovoltaics Business Unit to Attend PV EXPO Japan 2014
- Andreas Liebheit becomes Global Manager for Heraeus Photovoltaics Business Unit
- Heraeus to showcase new metallization pastes at Renewable Energy India 2013
- ABB to acquire Power-One to become a global leader in solar photovoltaic (PV) inverters
- Heraeus purchases the Ferro Corporation solar paste business
Solar wafer firms in Taiwan expects prices to increase due to the possible shortage in second-half 2013
Taiwan-based solar firms have been expressing optimistic view about the solar market.
China-based large-size solar firm Suntech Power Holdings failed to pay back US$541 million in convertible notes on March 15 and announced the insolvency...
China government reportedly planned to announce the preliminary result of the anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigation on February 20, but now the...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...
The Taiwan-based solar supply chain is likely to enter a period of consolidation. For upstream material...