- 9 Jul 2014:Tata Power & Reliance Power bet big on renewable energy, to spend Rs 1,500 cr each (July 8) - Economic TimesTwo of the country's largest power producers Tata PowerBSE -1.52 % and Reliance PowerBSE -1.14 % are betting big on renewable energy and will spend about Rs 1,500 crore each on clean energy projects this fiscal.
- According to the federal U.S. Energy Information Administration, a whopping 67 percent of our electricity comes from fossil fuel sources, including 39 percent from coal. Conversely, renewable energy makes up a measly 13 percent, with hydropower taking the major lead.
- 8 Jul 2014:
- 7 Jul 2014:According to Canon Watch, this future Mark III successor could have 4K video capability, a feature that is becoming common among several new high-end digital cameras, such as those from Sony and Panasonic.
- Tata Sky announces 4K set-top box with the first ever 4K live broadcast in India (July 5) - Tec2.com IndiaTata Sky announced its plans to launch 4K set-top boxes early next year by showing off a live 4K broadcast of the France vs Germany World Cup 2014 Quarter Final tie. This was the first ever 4K broadcast in India and that too of a live event.
- 4 Jul 2014:Online bookseller Amazon is not keen on making changes to the operation of freemium in-app charging software sold through its application stores, according to reports.
- Moving to streamed music services can help radio advertisers improve ROI. Streamed music services on smartphones can expose these consumers to advertising during lucrative drive-time commuting periods.
- The latest move by Samsung SDI to suspend production of plasma display panels (PDP) will help improve its earnings, according to analysts.
- 3 Jul 2014:
- Sweden's renewable energy support scheme is compatible with European Union law, the EU's top court said on Tuesday, in a ruling that means member states will avoid a radical overhaul of their renewable energy laws.
- Real energy independence is freeing ourselves from the addiction to the fossil fuels which are destroying our environment and leaving our economy a hostage to events beyond our borders.
- LG Display is working to forge deals with key Chinese players to supply OLED panels and accelerate OLED TV adoption. The end goal, an LG Display official later revealed, is to bring OLED TV prices down to a mere 10% premium to competing LCDs.
- The A3 also can read aloud tweets, Facebook posts and even the latest Audi news in a mechanized voice; it can display navigation routes on Google Earth maps and access more than 7,000 Internet radio stations worldwide.
- Qualcomm has completed its acquisition of Wilocity and has released a wireless chipset family based on the IEEE 802.11ad standard, also known as WiGig.
- Qualcomm has announced that it has taken two major steps to enable the industry to deliver multi-gigabit wireless with 60 GHz technology for mobile, computing and networking devices.
- 2 Jul 2014:Following far too closely on the heels of Panasonic 's similar announcement, Samsung has said it will end production of plasma televisions, leaving LCDs and an aging OLED display as their only TV offerings.
- 1 Jul 2014:How much would you fork out for a 77-inch, curved, 4K, OLED TV? Well, LG hopes you're hovering around a couple of grand per descriptor.
- 30 Jun 2014:
- The country is currently experiencing a glut of energy, thanks to the recent openings of new coal power stations (which were commissioned back when electricity was in short supply) as well as record levels of renewable generation -- especially solar.
- Annual bill for consumers to subsidise renewable technologies has soared to more than £2.5bn as more plants are built and the cost for each unit of electricity rises.
- Philips said Monday it is seeking investors for its Lumileds and automotive lighting business, which it plans to turn into a stand-alone company within the main group.
- The new "Transformers: Age of Extinction" is the first feature film shot with the Imax 3D Digital Camera, a 3D, 4K. It's a beast, but small enough for director Michael Bay's dynamic movie-making style.
- Android Wear, Android TV, and Android Auto are free from manufacturer customizations: Good news or bad news? (June 29) - TechReviewsGoogle held a smashing I/O conference a few days ago where Android took center stage and commanded most of what the search company had to show and talk about. The most exciting Android related announcements are Android Wear, Android TV, and Android Auto.
- 27 Jun 2014:
- Accurate Analysis of Multi-Gigabit Systems Using HSPICE
- GIGABYTE's EasyTune App makes overclocking a breeze on new Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition CPUs
- OAXIS adds a second E Ink screen to your smartphone with launch of InkCase+ on Kickstarter
- Indium announces RMA-155 Pb-Free Solder Paste
- EverFocus' great leap forward: eZ Hopper
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Youngfast, Melfas looking beyond G1F touch
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...