- 7 Oct 2015:Africa should learn from South Africa's renewable energy drive, which has led to a sharp drop in green power prices thanks to benign regulation and infrastructure investment, industry players said on Tuesday.
- 2 Oct 2015:The current subsidy system for on-shore wind energy in Northern Ireland is set to end next April, a year earlier than planned.
- 1 Oct 2015:Toshiba Corp (6502.T) may lay off staff in its underperforming home appliances, TV and PC businesses and seek a partner for its nuclear operations to overhaul the company after a $1.3 billion accounting scandal, its chief executive said on Thursday.
- 30 Sep 2015:Green energy company fined record £200,000 over nuisance calls (Sep 30) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))A green energy company which made six million nuisance calls has been handed a record £200,000 fine.
- 25 Sep 2015:One of the leading lawyers in the renewable power sector has criticised the UK and Welsh governments for their approaches to green energy.
- With the enactment of the Clean Power Plan, more renewables will be coming on line. But will most of those green electrons move along traditional networks or localized microgrids that service enclosed campuses?
- 16 Sep 2015:The White House's energy plan likely won't impact natural gas, but clean energy stocks may benefit.
- Green energy cuts "may deter investment in nuclear and fracking" (Sep 16) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Conservative cuts to wind and solar energy lack "any rationale or clear intent", EY warns as UK slips down investor rankings
- 10 Sep 2015:As the markets are recovering from the incredible volatility in August, stocks that were hit hard during this dip included those in alternative energy. However, one key analyst sees a buying opportunity for this segment. A new Oppenheimer report details where the firm thinks these companies are and what direction they stand to go.
- Solar panel installations in the U.S. reached about 1.4 gigawatts during the second quarter of this year, reflecting falling costs and a rush to complete projects ahead of a shrinking tax credit, says a report released Wednesday.
- The market to install solar panels on the roofs of homes in the U.S. set another record in the second quarter of this year, indicating a shift in the U.S. solar panel industry towards home owners and consumers.
- A case study from the US shows benefits of using clean and renewable energy to power up home and cars outweigh costs, reports The Huffington Post.
- 8 Sep 2015:For the first half of 2015, the renewable energy sector appeared unstoppable, as costs around the world plunged and installed capacity soared.
- GCL-Poly Energy Holdings Ltd., the Hong Kong-based maker of polysilicon and wafers used to make solar cells, plans to sell its non-solar power business for 3.2 billion yuan ($503 million). Its shares rose.
- 4 Sep 2015:For at least the last thirty years the alternative energy industry has been claiming they are almost ready to be economically competitive with fossil fuel.
- Three people were charged Thursday with running a $54 million Ponzi scheme built on promises of a green energy technology that would turn trash into fuel and "carbon-negative" housing developments, neither of which were ever fully developed, federal prosecutors said.
- 1 Sep 2015:Kenya and Turkey have exceeded forecasts for harnessing geothermal energy, but other developing countries, including Indonesia and the Philippines, are lagging behind on leveraging the renewable power source, a new analysis shows.
- A British company has announced plans for an array of unique marine turbines that can operate in shallower and slower-moving water than current designs.
- A new report from the Department of Energy found that the cost of wind energy is now at an all-time low.
- 31 Aug 2015:President Obama flew west into the blistering sun of this desert oasis on Monday not so much to issue a dour warning about the dangers of climate change - moralizing does not become this freewheeling city - but to speak with great hope about solar and other renewable forms of energy.
- 20 Aug 2015:Around one in seven, or 1.1 billion people, don't have access to electricity, and almost 3 billion still cook with polluting fuels like kerosene, wood, charcoal, and dung.
- India is progressing well along its ambitious renewable energy transmission network program.
- Britain and Germany will line up on opposite sides of a European Union green energy debate starting next month on how to meet agreed renewable energy targets for the next decade.
- 17 Aug 2015:Power-hungry operations save nearly $20 per megawatt hour using the sun and wind.
- Investors are sweating over falling oil prices. Renewable energy executives, somewhat counterintuitively, are keeping their cool.
- 29 Jul 2015:If a city knows what intersections are full of smog, it could add trees or change stop light schedules to improve the air its citizens breathe.
- 20 Jul 2015:
- 17 Jul 2015:A $20 billion joint venture aimed at Indian renewable energy is the latest sign of fresh investment in the sector as Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeks to aggressively boost output.
- Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott seems determined to push his country back decades on environmental policy. In his latest scheme, Abbott has ordered Australia's Clean Energy Finance Corporation to stop investing in wind and small-scale solar energy.
- Department of Energy and Climate Change has already overspent its budget to support renewable energy projects
- 3 Jul 2015:Air Force officials paid a contractor $19 million - and is scheduled ultimately to pay another $115 million - to reduce energy consumption at Joint Base McGuire in New Jersey without making sure the work was actually done and whether it made any difference.
- Here's a bit of energizing news: In 2014, for the first time in four decades, the global economy grew along with energy demand without an increase in global carbon emissions.
- According to industry sources, Hanwha Q Cells is expected to complete its solar cell and module factories this year and become number one in the global solar module sector as early as next year.
- Tesla Motors' second-quarter sales jumped 52%, higher than the company had forecast, giving the Silicon Valley auto maker important momentum ahead of the debut of its Model X sport-utility later this year.
- 29 Jun 2015:Bill Gates plans to double investment in green energy technology and research to combat climate change, but rejects calls to divest from fossil fuels
- 23 Jun 2015:By the end of this year India may break into the top 10 solar power markets, in terms of installed capacity, as the South Asian giant has now crossed 4 GW of installed solar power capacity.
- Does the law of Florida discriminate against solar power companies?
- Podemos worked with Robert Pollin on plan that they say could create hundreds of thousands of jobs and would be self-financing.
- 18 Jun 2015:Rising green energy levies 'risk public backlash' (Jun 17) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Efforts to combat climate change could be jeopardised by a backlash against the rising costs of green levies on energy bills, IPPR think-tank says
- 12 Jun 2015:Renewable Energy Trust Capital, a clean-energy financing provider, is borrowing C$66 million ($54 million) to help fund its acquisition of a 14.1-megawatt Canadian Solar power plant in Ontario.
- YC SYNERGY launches gen 4 automotive fuel cell module
- Heraeus Introduces New Series of Pastes as Solar Market Accelerates Moving to PERC Technology
- Heraeus introduces new series of PERC Metallization Pastes at PV Taiwan International Photovoltaic Exhibition
- Heraeus confidently looking to next phase of legal proceedings in Taiwan patent dispute
- Accumulating comprehensive smart living achievements, Tatung is devoted to building smart green communities
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
Demand for PERC solar cells is rising.
China has announced the PV feed-in tariffs for 2017.
Taiwan and China solar firms face antitrust tariffs in the US and Europe.
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...