- 21 Mar 2014:South Korea's tech giant Samsung Electronics said Friday it will make efforts to tap deeper into the US Ultra HD (UHD) TV market and roll out customized product lineups for consumers there.
- Netflix Inc. called for rules that would prevent Internet service providers from extracting a toll to deliver shows such as "House of Cards" over their networks.
- When Google announced its Project Glass for wearable augmented reality eyewear, there were mixed reactions all around. From disrupting privacy, to even being used in spying, there were numerous concerns and interesting myths that began floating. The truth of the times, both ancient and modern, is anything said repeatedly garners enough potential to actually make it sound like the truth.
- Microsoft is caught up in a privacy storm after it admitted it read the Hotmail inbox of a blogger while pursuing a software leak investigation.
- 20 Mar 2014:
- 19 Mar 2014:
- 18 Mar 2014:
- Germany's energy policy is expensive, harmful and short-sighted (March 16) - Financial Times (via MSNBC)Berlin is failing the poor while protecting neither security nor the climate, writes Bjorn Lomborg.
- Yingli Green Energy will release its quarterly report on Tuesday, and investors hope that the Chinese solar company can follow in the footsteps of peers Trina Solar and JinkoSolar in topping its expectations.
- 14 Mar 2014:
- Calif. green energy fails to fill void left by closed nuclear plant; regulators seek new options (Mar 13) - Washington PostCalifornia regulators Thursday approved a plan for two utilities to develop replacement power to help fill the void left by the closure of the San Onofre nuclear power plant, but environmentalists warned it could open the way for more dirty energy.
- LG Electronics has been super aggressive in its mission to dominate the next-generation TV world, and it's just upped the ante with the launch of its 2014 TV lineup in its home nation of Korea - unveiling no less than 68 brand new models.
- In the evolution of resolution, 4K is the next step up from 1080p. Standard definition started with a resolution of 640x480 (480i/p), then we went up to HD for the first time with 1280x720 (720p), and finally topped out at 1920x1080 (1080i/p) for awhile.
- Microsoft's Xbox One came very close to catching Sony's PlayStation 4 in February sales, according to market researcher NPD.
- Two phone makers in India will be spared the usual licensing fee for adopting Windows Phone, says The Times of India.
- 13 Mar 2014:
- 12 Mar 2014:
- 11 Mar 2014:
- Here come the Retina Macs? Apple reportedly adding ?˜pixel doubled' 4K monitor support to OS X (March 7) - TimeApple's reportedly poised to shore up ultra high-definition display support across its desktop and laptop lines.
- Panasonic promised it would deliver a GH mirrorless camera capable of recording 4K video for under $2,000, and now we know just how far under that is.
- Europe could save ??60bn in avoided fuel import costs, if it ramped up its 2030 renewable energy target by just three percentage points, according to a new industry analysis that urges member states to strengthen the EU's proposed new climate package.
- Oregon's deep blue sea is poised to be a new testing ground for green energy, as advanced technology has entrepreneurs lining up to try to harness the Pacific's wind and waves.
- 10 Mar 2014:
- 7 Mar 2014:STMicroelectronics and rivals such as NXP Semiconductor and Qualcomm are battling to be picked to provide the brains for the various products in the hot segment.
- A commission of experts appointed by the German parliament has recommended Chancellor Angela Merkel's government to abolish all subsidies for green energy, highlighting mounting opposition to plans to reform instead of scrap the system.
- What's happening in Kansas could be happening in your state. It's not completely clear that the efforts to rollback the statewide renewable energy requirements there - and in 16 other states - will succeed. But it is obvious that, nationally, the tax preference given to renewables is fading.
- Apple building support for driving 4K displays at ?˜Retina' resolution, 60Hz output from 2013 MacBook Pros - 9to5Mac.comEarlier today, Apple provided developers with the first beta for the upcoming release of OS X Mavericks version 10.9.3.
- It looks like Asus is getting ready to release another high-end aluminum Ultrabook. The NX500 has popped up online before an official reveal, and it's packing premium audio and a 15-inch 4K display.
- Japan's government said Bitcoin is not a currency but that some transactions using the virtual unit should be taxed.
- Three new GKB SDI cameras to strengthen HD-SDI portfolio
- Software AG releases Intelligent Business Operations to handle next generation smart data applications
- Apotop i-Selfie brings you an innovative wireless Selfie snapshot experience
- ECS announces the whole new AMD FM2+ Platform motherboards
- EverFocus ENVR8304E wins Secutech Excellence Award 2014
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Windows tablets gaining traction in Japan
- Digitimes Research: ITO film price drop to slow metal mesh penetration in mid-size touch applications
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan ODMs losing out as PC brand vendors turn to China supply chain for tablets
- Digitimes Research: Over 50% white-box tablets to come with phone functions in 2H14; MediaTek to benefit most
- Digitimes Research: 3-mode smartphones to dominate China entry-level market
More and more players have made inroads into the MEMS microphone industry to cash in on the rising...
The security solutions market is an increasingly important market as the IT industry develops and security...
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...