- 7 Jan 2016:
- 5 Jan 2016:
- 4 Jan 2016:
- A recent report by the folks at The Motley Fool suggests that Intel finally seems to have things under control for its high-end 14-nanometer Skylake desktop parts with improving yields and more stock on retail shelves.
- 31 Dec 2015:
- 30 Dec 2015:Now that the Internet of Things (IoT) seems to be firmly embedded in our lives, 2016 may be that transformational year when it segues from the "gee whiz" arena into practical, everyday application - along with all that entails in regard to development, policy and standards.
- Toshiba, reeling from a $1.3 billion accounting scandal, said it intends to ask for a new JPY300 billion ($2.49 billion) credit line by the end of January to fund a large-scale restructuring.
- 2015 was the beginning of the end for SSDs in the data center. Why? Because researchers have delved deep into their actual behavior and found multiple problems.
- A state-controlled Chinese company's plan to invest about $2 billion in the Taiwanese semiconductor industry has intensified election-year concerns in Taiwan that could set back China's ambitions to develop a leading-edge microchip industry.
- Chinese tech website MyDrivers.com posted a picture that supposedly includes telecom giant China Mobile's presentation of its plans for 2016. On the right hand column of the presentation labeled "April or later," one product reads "future Apple iPhone 7C."
- Intel's $16.7bn purchase of programmable chipmaker Altera is likely to be a model for future big acquisitions at the company as the semiconductor industry's merger boom continues, according to the US company's chief dealmaker.
- 29 Dec 2015:
- 28 Dec 2015:
- 27 Dec 2015:Samsung is running 28nm fully-depleted silicon-on-insulator (FDSOI) wafers for STMicroelectronics, the developer of the technology, and has other customers lined up, according to an Advanced Substrate News report.
- The chief executive of semiconductor maker Renesas Electronics abruptly resigned Friday six months after he took the post, a move that comes as the company's principal shareholder considers strategic options.
- Just over a week after Samsung paid Apple more than $548 million for infringing the patents and designs of the iPhone, Apple has asked a US court to force its biggest smartphone rival to cough up even more.
- Fujitsu is planning to spin off its mobile phone handset business, as well as the PC operations, next spring so that it can respond swiftly to changes in market trends and boost profitability.
- Toshiba is considering spinning off its mainstay memory-chip business to raise funds for capital investment in an initial public offering.
- 23 Dec 2015:A US trade judge said Nvidia infringed Samsung Electronics patents, offering another win for the Korean gear-maker in a running legal battle between the electronics companies.
- The estimate of its first loss in more than two years sent the company's shares down 5.7% to $13.78 in extended trading on Tuesday.
- Samsung Securities said on Dec. 13 that it trimmed Samsung Electronics' operating profit forecast for the fourth quarter by KRW300 trillion (US$253.91 million) to KRW6.8 trillion from the previous KRW7.1 trillion (US$6.01 billion) estimate due to sluggish sales in its component business.
- 22 Dec 2015:The video shows the phone from a few angles with a look at the innovative display as well as a lack of a physical home button and a main camera that doesn't have a flash LED.
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone AP shipments to fall almost 20% in 1Q16
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship 10.235 million LCD TVs in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Konica Minolta showcases flexible OLED lighting panels at Lighting Japan 2016
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments increase 11.5% on quarter in 4Q15
- Chinese Semiconductor Industry's Latest Move: Sage Micro's Low-key Acquisition of Initio
- CAYIN Invites Visitors to Think Outside Digital Signage at ISE 2016
- AVEXIR launched ROG certified memory: Unleash your ROG spirit
- Critical materials council to be managed by TECHCET in 2016
- NANIUM's latest WL3D solution reduces space required by 5X
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...