- 23 Jun 2015:Does the law of Florida discriminate against solar power companies?
- Podemos worked with Robert Pollin on plan that they say could create hundreds of thousands of jobs and would be self-financing.
- Sony unveiled its super-thin 4K Android TV sets earlier this year but, until now, we weren't sure what they were going to cost. Now the company is finally ready to reveal those secrets as it prepares for launch.
- New OLED and QDot technology will make televisions as portable as a mobile phone or tablet (Jun 23) - South China Morning PostThe latest designs are so thin and flexible that you can peel them off your wall and roll them up like a sheet of cardboard, making them as portable as a mobile phone or tablet.
- Germany's Merck aims to be a leading maker of OLED (organic light-emitting diode) materials by 2018, its head of chemicals said on Friday.
- In line with this strategy, LG announced Tuesday that it would join hands with California-based Google to promote LG's premium OLED TVs.
- 18 Jun 2015:
- Samsung Electronics has asked that a full bench of an appeals court should review a damages award in a long-standing patent infringement dispute with arch-rival Apple.
- Cisco plans to invest $10 billion in China, although its sales in the country are slumping due in part to persistent security concerns surrounding US technology.
- The proximate source of a lot of this pressure is China, say SouthBay Economics' Andrew Zatlin. Semiconductors are suffering a fallout stemming from China's slowing economy just like other commodities have.
- It would be the first increase since the rate was cut to near zero during the 2008 financial crisis.
- Microsoft on Wednesday announced the departure of former Nokia CEO Stephen Elop as part of a broad restructuring at the company, one that will see its Operating Systems Group and Microsoft Devices Group merge into one unit.
- Intel's CEO, Brian Krzanich, made his commitment to wearable technology very clear shortly after assuming his current role in 2013.
- Ultimately, LG's super UHD TV narrowly beat Samsung's model.
- There's one THX-certified 4K television in the early-2015 stable-the 70-inch Sharp Aquos LC-UH30U.
- Rising green energy levies 'risk public backlash' (Jun 17) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Efforts to combat climate change could be jeopardised by a backlash against the rising costs of green levies on energy bills, IPPR think-tank says
- 16 Jun 2015:Pricing of DRAM, based on his "checks" with entities in Taiwan, is weak in PC, servers, and in graphics applications, writes Moore.
- Chip makers are feeling pressures to find new sales, including by merging with rivals, amid declines in some businesses such as personal computers and rising expectations for margin growth.
- BlackBerry is considering equipping an upcoming smartphone with Google Android software for the first time, an acknowledgement that its revamped line of devices has failed to win mass appeal, according to four sources familiar with the matter.
- China's Huawei Technologies expects total shipments of smartphones in southeast Asia to rise 160% to 8 million units in 2015, boosted by strong demand in Myanmar, it said on Thursday.
- 15 Jun 2015:Demand for semiconductors continued to weaken in the second quarter with some PC assemblers in Asia suggesting a decline in purchases of some parts of as much as 15-20% from the second quarter of 2014, according to a report from Wall Street analysts at Deutsche Bank.
- OLEDs are hard to make in TV sizes. Smaller devices like phones have been using them for a while now, with great success. The problem is, when you try and make a TV of 50-inches or more you have production problems.
- The vast beauty of space is about to look even more beautiful on your computer screen. Starting today, NASA will offer "4K Ultra High-Definition (UHD)" videos on YouTube, taking advantage of the site's relatively new ability to serve up 4K videos at a super smooth frame rate of 60 frames-per-second.
- 12 Jun 2015:Renewable Energy Trust Capital, a clean-energy financing provider, is borrowing C$66 million ($54 million) to help fund its acquisition of a 14.1-megawatt Canadian Solar power plant in Ontario.
- Sharp's first 4K televisions running Android TV are now hitting stores.
- People with Parkinson's have been experimenting with new software for Glass and say that it improves the quality of their lives.
- Foxconn has said it is aiming to develop 10-12 facilities in India, including factories and data centers, by 2020, but had given no detail.
- Omnichannel retail delivery solution from Unisys enables Taiwanese banks to offer consistent, personalised service across all banking channels
- Indium Corporation features ultra-low residue no-clean Flip-Chip Flux at SEMICON Taiwan
- Indium Corporation's patented BiAgX: A drop-in replacement for high-Pb solders
- Echoing Government's Productivity 4.0, IoT Automation Boosts Taiwan's Competitiveness
- ASUS selects Pixelworks' Iris mobile display processor and True Clarity enhancements for ZenPad tablet
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Intel processor shipments rely on Windows tablets for growth
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments see weaker-than-expected growth in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel 28nm SoFIA 4G AP delayed to early 2016; may face overlap issue with 14nm version
- Digitimes Research: White-box players pushing 10.1-inch Windows tablets
- Zoom Storage looking to become media library for mobile device users
- AMD unveils sixth-generation A-series APUs for mobile products
- Computex 2015: Startup company Endless pushing PC for developing countries
- Computex 2015: Nvidia unveils GTX 980 Ti and G-Sync technology
- Computex 2015: BioLogic SportCase wins Design and Innovation Award
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
Although the company has not been operating in the gaming notebook industry for long, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...