- 12 Jan 2017:HTC U Ultra / Ocean Note to have the same 12 MP camera found inside the Google Pixel (Jan 10) - PhoneArenaHTC is officially hosting a press event later this week, on January 12, when it's likely going to announce (at least) two new smartphones.
- 10 Jan 2017:Panasonic, Qualcomm team up for next-generation Android-based in-vehicle infotainment system (Jan 5) - Company releaseUsing a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820A processor, this concept system is based on the latest version of the Android OS (7.0 Nougat), which is designed to provide automakers with a superior, high-performing platform to quickly develop cloud-connected infotainment systems.
- 3 Jan 2017:Qualcomm accidentally reveals the ASUS ZenFone AR, another Tango-enabled device before CES 2017 (Jan 2) - WCCF TechAt CES 2017, Qualcomm plans to showcase its Snapdragon 835, but more than that, it also intends on unveiling another Tango-enabled smartphone, but this time belonging to ASUS, and it is named the ZenFone AR.
- 29 Dec 2016:Huawei's Kirin 960 chip actually surpasses the Snapdragon 835 by racking up 1949 points in single-core and 6439 points in multi-core tests.
- 4 Oct 2016:Samsung will likely retain the same strategy it followed for the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, wherein US models are powered by the Snapdragon 830, while the global version runs its upcoming Exynos 8895.
- 13 Sep 2016:Google's two new smartphones, believed to be the Pixel and the Pixel XL, are reckoned to be the first to be released into the United States market using the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 flagship System-on-Chip.
- 10 Aug 2016:Next Samsung Exynos tipped to be a 4GHz beast, yet more frugal than Snapdragon 830 (Aug 9) - PhoneArenaSamsung is apparently testing the next generation of its Exynos mobile chipset line, presumably the Exynos 8895.
- 9 Aug 2016:
- 29 Jul 2016:Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 will be exclusively manufactured on 10nm by Samsung, claim sources (Jul 28) - WCCF TechSources are claiming that Qualcomm will choose Samsung as its exclusive fab for the Snapdragon 830.
- 12 Jul 2016:The clock-bumped Snapdragon 821 will be sold alongside the two Snapdragon 820 models. Qualcomm isn't saying which phones will use the 821, but rumors suggest that at least one of the two new HTC-made Nexus phones will include the faster chip. Enjoy your extra clock speed.
- 30 Jun 2016:Qualcomm is announcing Tango support on the Snapdragon 820 in addition to the 652, and future 800 and 600 series chips will also support Tango.
- 8 Jun 2016:
- 19 Feb 2016:Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 to come in early 2017 with 8GB RAM support and more tricks (Jan 23) - Tech TimesThe latest leak reveals that the new processor, dubbed Snapdragon 830, will support a massive 8GB of RAM and is expected to come with an enhanced Kryo custom architecture. It will also be built based on Samsung's 10nm process.
- 15 Feb 2016:Qualcomm announced three more mid-range chips today -- the Snapdragon 625, 435 and 425 -- all of which use Cortex-A53 CPU cores. The company also unveiled a gigabit LTE modem.
- Qualcomm has introduced Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear, a new platform for next generation wearable devices, and the Snapdragon Wear 2100 system-on-chip (SoC), the first in a new product family designed to bring new and enhanced wearable experiences to consumers.
- 15 Jan 2016:Samsung is planning to use Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 application processor chip in some versions of the next Galaxy S, people with direct knowledge of the matter said.
- 8 Jan 2016:Qualcomm Chief Executive Steve Mollenkopf has reason to be glad 2015 is over, after a series of disruptions and disappointments for the big chip maker. At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, he launched a fusillade of Snapdragon processors designed to ensure a better year to come by taking that brand beyond its stronghold in smartphones.
- 17 Dec 2015:According to a rumor out of China, Samsung will have an exclusive on the Snapdragon 820 until April. So in the first three months of next year no other smartphone manufacturer will launch a device sporting this particular SoC.
- 12 Nov 2015:Four Qualcomm VPs and execs absolutely denied that its new Snapdragon 820 was suffering from any thermal issues.
- 12 May 2015:Recently Mediatek came up with Helio X which is going to be a premium lineup from MediaTek where they will be competing with processors from Qualcomm & Exynos. With the debut of Helio X20 which is the first deca-core processor, Qualcomm and Exynos might have got to think about the number count which Mediatek is rushing with. But now it looks Qualcomm is also working with the same strategy and is running with the same.
- 29 Apr 2015:Qualcomm has announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, is powering LG's latest flagship smartphone, the LG G4. The new smartphone is the first to feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor with X10 LTE.
- 24 Apr 2015:Qualcomm's second-quarter profit dropped 46%, mainly because of a large fine the company had to pay in China for settling antitrust issues. The company also cut its revenue outlook for 2015, citing loss of business for its Snapdragon processor from key customer Samsung Electronics and a concentration of the premium market around two players - Apple and Samsung, among other factors.
- 25 Feb 2015:Qualcomm Technologies has announced the Snapdragon 620, 618, 425 and 415 processors, supporting a wide range of mobile devices with high-end features - at a broader range of price points.
- 29 Jan 2015:Qualcomm reduced its outlook for fiscal 2015, saying it expects its newest Snapdragon mobile chip will not be used in a major customer's flagship smartphone, sending its shares lower.
- 13 Jan 2015:The newly unveiled LG G Flex 2 isn't just a smartphone for display buffs, the handset is also packing Qualcomm's latest and greatest 64-bit Snapdragon 810 processor. However, all may not be well with Qualcomm's latest high-end SoC, as more rumors have surfaced suggesting that the chip is struggling with some performance impacting production issues.
- 9 Dec 2014:According to Qualcomm, everything is working as scheduled, and the Snapdragon 810 will still be able to ship in 2015H1.
- 25 Feb 2014:Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets power new Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Grand 2 (February 25) - Company releaseThe Samsung Galaxy S5 features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with integrated LTE. Additionally, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor is featured in the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, bringing LTE connectivity in mainstream smartphones.
- 24 Feb 2014:Qualcomm has leaped ahead of Apple in 64-bit mobile chip development with its first eight-core Snapdragon 615 chip for mobile devices, which has integrated LTE and 4K video rendering capabilities.
- 12 Dec 2013:Qualcomm intros Snapdragon 410 chipset with integrated 4G LTE for smartphones (December 9) - Company releaseThe new Snapdragon 410 chipsets are manufactured using 28nm process technology. They feature processors that are 64-bit capable along with superior graphics performance with the Adreno 306 GPU, 1080p video playback and up to a 13-megapixel camera.
- 20 Jun 2013:Qualcomm has expanded its entry-level offerings with the addition of six new processors to its Snapdragon 200 class, featuring dual- and quad-core CPUs. The new Snapdragon 200 processors are manufactured on a 28nm process technology and feature key modem technologies that are important in China and emerging regions, including support for HSPA+ (up to 21Mbps) and TD-SCDMA.
- 4 Jun 2013:Qualcomm works with Microsoft to offer Snapdragon 800 processors for Windows RT 8.1 (June 4) - Company releaseQualcomm has expanded its Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processors portfolio to include support for Microsoft Windows RT 8.1.
- 18 Mar 2013:"We are proud to say that the newest Snapdragon 600 processor is at the heart of the GALAXY S 4 in select regions," Qualcomm said in a blog post.
- 21 Feb 2013:Qualcomm has announced a pair of new mobile processors designed for entry-level and mid-range smartphones. Expected in handsets later in 2013, the Snapdragon 200 and 400 balance the high-end 600 and 800 processors introduced in January.
- 31 Jan 2013:As expected, Qualcomm cashed in on smartphone sales and the chipsets that go with them. In a statement, Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs said the company is positioned for strong growth courtesy of its Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 and 600 processors.
- 28 Jan 2013:Apple is working on "a new product" aimed at the low-end of the market that will be built around a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
- 27 Sep 2012:Qualcomm has announced the addition of two new Snapdragon S4 mobile processors: the MSM8225Q and MSM8625Q. Both are members of the Snapdragon S4 Play processor tier, optimized specifically for a broad range of smartphone users seeking faster applications and better user experiences.
- 13 Aug 2012:Shares of AMD were buoyed nearly ten percent by rumors that Snapdragon master Qualcomm may be interested in acquiring the fabless chip company.
- 22 Jun 2012:Qualcomm has just confirmed that it will supply its dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus chipset to power future Windows phones.
- 3 Apr 2012:
- 29 Feb 2012:
- Digitimes Research: December 7W LED light bulb prices in China market fall
- Digitimes Research: SAE TIR J2954 paves way for commercializing PHEV/EV wireless power transfer
- Digitimes Research: Global production value for high-brightness LED chips to reach US$13.179 billion in 2017
- Digitimes Research: All-in-one PC shipments drop 4.8% in 2016
- TUV NORD launches SECURITY 4 SAFETY service to build Industry 4.0 foundation for customers
- ABB wins $100 million order to upgrade historic HVDC link in the U.S.
- Supermicro introduces latest SUPERO desktop and gaming solutions at CES 2017
- Wanshih Electronic will exhibit USB3.1 cable assemblies with type C in 2017 Consumer Technology Association (CES)
- Toshio Maruyama of Advantest receives SEMI Marketing Excellence Award
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...