- 19 Feb 2016:Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 to come in early 2017 with 8GB RAM support and more tricks (Jan 23) - Tech TimesThe latest leak reveals that the new processor, dubbed Snapdragon 830, will support a massive 8GB of RAM and is expected to come with an enhanced Kryo custom architecture. It will also be built based on Samsung's 10nm process.
- 15 Feb 2016:Qualcomm announced three more mid-range chips today -- the Snapdragon 625, 435 and 425 -- all of which use Cortex-A53 CPU cores. The company also unveiled a gigabit LTE modem.
- Qualcomm has introduced Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear, a new platform for next generation wearable devices, and the Snapdragon Wear 2100 system-on-chip (SoC), the first in a new product family designed to bring new and enhanced wearable experiences to consumers.
- 15 Jan 2016:Samsung is planning to use Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 application processor chip in some versions of the next Galaxy S, people with direct knowledge of the matter said.
- 8 Jan 2016:Qualcomm Chief Executive Steve Mollenkopf has reason to be glad 2015 is over, after a series of disruptions and disappointments for the big chip maker. At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, he launched a fusillade of Snapdragon processors designed to ensure a better year to come by taking that brand beyond its stronghold in smartphones.
- 17 Dec 2015:According to a rumor out of China, Samsung will have an exclusive on the Snapdragon 820 until April. So in the first three months of next year no other smartphone manufacturer will launch a device sporting this particular SoC.
- 12 Nov 2015:Four Qualcomm VPs and execs absolutely denied that its new Snapdragon 820 was suffering from any thermal issues.
- 12 May 2015:Recently Mediatek came up with Helio X which is going to be a premium lineup from MediaTek where they will be competing with processors from Qualcomm & Exynos. With the debut of Helio X20 which is the first deca-core processor, Qualcomm and Exynos might have got to think about the number count which Mediatek is rushing with. But now it looks Qualcomm is also working with the same strategy and is running with the same.
- 29 Apr 2015:Qualcomm has announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, is powering LG's latest flagship smartphone, the LG G4. The new smartphone is the first to feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor with X10 LTE.
- 24 Apr 2015:Qualcomm's second-quarter profit dropped 46%, mainly because of a large fine the company had to pay in China for settling antitrust issues. The company also cut its revenue outlook for 2015, citing loss of business for its Snapdragon processor from key customer Samsung Electronics and a concentration of the premium market around two players - Apple and Samsung, among other factors.
- 25 Feb 2015:Qualcomm Technologies has announced the Snapdragon 620, 618, 425 and 415 processors, supporting a wide range of mobile devices with high-end features - at a broader range of price points.
- 29 Jan 2015:Qualcomm reduced its outlook for fiscal 2015, saying it expects its newest Snapdragon mobile chip will not be used in a major customer's flagship smartphone, sending its shares lower.
- 13 Jan 2015:The newly unveiled LG G Flex 2 isn't just a smartphone for display buffs, the handset is also packing Qualcomm's latest and greatest 64-bit Snapdragon 810 processor. However, all may not be well with Qualcomm's latest high-end SoC, as more rumors have surfaced suggesting that the chip is struggling with some performance impacting production issues.
- 9 Dec 2014:According to Qualcomm, everything is working as scheduled, and the Snapdragon 810 will still be able to ship in 2015H1.
- 25 Feb 2014:Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets power new Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Grand 2 (February 25) - Company releaseThe Samsung Galaxy S5 features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with integrated LTE. Additionally, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor is featured in the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, bringing LTE connectivity in mainstream smartphones.
- 24 Feb 2014:Qualcomm has leaped ahead of Apple in 64-bit mobile chip development with its first eight-core Snapdragon 615 chip for mobile devices, which has integrated LTE and 4K video rendering capabilities.
- 12 Dec 2013:Qualcomm intros Snapdragon 410 chipset with integrated 4G LTE for smartphones (December 9) - Company releaseThe new Snapdragon 410 chipsets are manufactured using 28nm process technology. They feature processors that are 64-bit capable along with superior graphics performance with the Adreno 306 GPU, 1080p video playback and up to a 13-megapixel camera.
- 20 Jun 2013:Qualcomm has expanded its entry-level offerings with the addition of six new processors to its Snapdragon 200 class, featuring dual- and quad-core CPUs. The new Snapdragon 200 processors are manufactured on a 28nm process technology and feature key modem technologies that are important in China and emerging regions, including support for HSPA+ (up to 21Mbps) and TD-SCDMA.
- 4 Jun 2013:Qualcomm works with Microsoft to offer Snapdragon 800 processors for Windows RT 8.1 (June 4) - Company releaseQualcomm has expanded its Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processors portfolio to include support for Microsoft Windows RT 8.1.
- 18 Mar 2013:"We are proud to say that the newest Snapdragon 600 processor is at the heart of the GALAXY S 4 in select regions," Qualcomm said in a blog post.
- 21 Feb 2013:Qualcomm has announced a pair of new mobile processors designed for entry-level and mid-range smartphones. Expected in handsets later in 2013, the Snapdragon 200 and 400 balance the high-end 600 and 800 processors introduced in January.
- 31 Jan 2013:As expected, Qualcomm cashed in on smartphone sales and the chipsets that go with them. In a statement, Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs said the company is positioned for strong growth courtesy of its Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 and 600 processors.
- 28 Jan 2013:Apple is working on "a new product" aimed at the low-end of the market that will be built around a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
- 27 Sep 2012:Qualcomm has announced the addition of two new Snapdragon S4 mobile processors: the MSM8225Q and MSM8625Q. Both are members of the Snapdragon S4 Play processor tier, optimized specifically for a broad range of smartphone users seeking faster applications and better user experiences.
- 13 Aug 2012:Shares of AMD were buoyed nearly ten percent by rumors that Snapdragon master Qualcomm may be interested in acquiring the fabless chip company.
- 22 Jun 2012:Qualcomm has just confirmed that it will supply its dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus chipset to power future Windows phones.
- 3 Apr 2012:
- 29 Feb 2012:
- 23 Feb 2012:Mobile World Congress attendees hoping to see the first smartphones with quad-core SnapDragon processors on board had better brace for disappointment. There won't be any, said Qualcomm VP of product management Raj Talluri, unless you count the concepts touted by phone vendors and chip suppliers.
- 16 Jan 2012:
- 27 Oct 2011:Qualcomm has announced that its Snapdragon mobile processors power the first Nokia Lumia smartphones, the Nokia Lumia 800 and the Nokia Lumia 710.
- 19 Sep 2011:Qualcomm to ship 28nm 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon by end-2011 (September 16) - Tom's Hardware Guide"It's not about how many cores or how many gigabytes, it's how well you can optimise the system," said Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs... Was that a crack at Google's Android OS?
- 3 Jun 2011:
- 17 Feb 2011:Just as tablets with dual-core processors start to hit shelves, chip makers are now shipping samples of quad-core chips that could make the devices even faster. Nevertheless, quad-core chips could be overkill as use of all cores could drain battery quickly...
- 18 Aug 2010:2011 will likely see the release of a more powerful series of smart phones thanks to a new Snapdragon chip from Qualcomm. And of course there will be another set of Apple iPhones and iPads next year, which will have their own ARM processor, most probably running at faster speeds than the 1GHz at present.
- 8 Jan 2010:
- 13 Nov 2009:
- 10 Jul 2009:
- 6 Jul 2009:
- 23 Jun 2009:Qualcomm officials confirmed that the company is working with Korean mobile operators to launch the Snapdragon-based smartphone and Smartbook. Smartbook will be offered by Taiwanese companies during the fourth quarter; the Snapdragon-based smartphone, made by a Korean handset manufacturer, will be available by the end of this year or the first quarter of next year, said Jordan Lim, marketing director of Qualcomm CDMA Technologies Korea.
- Even Systems to reveal latest product offerings at Computex 2016
- NVIDIA Pascal taking us one step closer to a VR world
- Conexant Introduces New Family of USB-C Audio CODECs, Redefines Possibilities for Audio Accessories
- Introduction of LYNwave smart antenna solution
- Industry's First Universal Stylus Demonstration Planned for COMPUTEX 2016
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
The launch of virtual reality headsets for the consumer market and the increasing demand for ultra...
Dassault Systemes, a European multinational software company that develops 3D design, 3D engineering,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...