- 25 Jun 2013:Subsidy limit of EUR6.7 billion (US$8.7 billion) has been passed triggering a halt to future feed-in-tariff (FIT) payments from a point one month after the limit was reached in Italy.
- 23 Apr 2013:
- India has filed a complaint to the World Trade Organization's dispute settlement body, saying that the US is offering subsidy programs in the solar industry for local content requirements.
- 16 Apr 2013:German state bank KfW says it is ready to start support of storage systems for solar PV systems in early May.
- 3 Apr 2013:The Japan government has approved a cut to the FIT for solar by 10%. The cut would see the tariff paid be reduced to JPY37.8/kWh (US$0.40/kWh) from the current rate of JPY42/kWh (US$0.45/kWh), as of April 1.
- 28 Mar 2013:Samsung Semiconductor is moving swiftly to begin work on a new 680,000-square-foot office project that will be built on its existing 215,000-square-foot office complex at North First Street and West Tasman Drive.
- 25 Mar 2013:"There will be no cuts in the EEG for existing installations," were the words of German Chancellor Angela Merkel (CDU) as she started to lead the discussion over electricity prices.
- 19 Mar 2013:China, forecast to become the largest solar-power market this year, may abolish subsidy programs for some of its largest projects and target the money instead to smaller ones, an industry official said.
- 20 Feb 2013:Romania will "certainly" reduce incentives for solar power generation from 2014 to avoid overcompensation, according to Zoltan Nagy-Bege, a board member at the country's energy regulator, also known as ANRE.
- 7 Feb 2013:
- 4 Jan 2013:
- 20 Dec 2012:
- 13 Dec 2012:Contract chipmaker Globalfoundries chief executive Ajit Manocha said European governments should do more to encourage chip manufacturers to set-up shop in the region, rather than going to Asia where they receive large subsidies.
- 15 Nov 2012:
- 25 Sep 2012:A tiny solar company named SoloPower will flip the switch on production at a US.= factory Thursday, a major step toward allowing it to tap a US$197 million government loan guarantee awarded under the same controversial program that supported failed panel maker Solyndra.
- 14 Sep 2012:The US central bank has moved to kick-start economic recovery by restarting its policy of pumping money into the economy via quantitative easing.
- 14 May 2012:The German Federal Council has determined that that the bill earlier adopted by the German Parliament for the reduction of solar subsidies will be going a the mediation committee, which will allow for the federal and state governments to negotiate finding a comprise.
- 13 Apr 2012:Italy is to cut the tariff it pays to solar energy installations by 35% on average, according to decrees approved by the industry and environment ministries.
- Italy will scale back financial incentives for solar and other renewable energy that have inflated consumer power bills more than expected, and also will raise national renewable energy targets for 2020, two ministers said on Wednesday.
- 27 Mar 2012:
- 5 Mar 2012:SMA Solar, Germany's top solar company, forecast sales and operating margins will fall significantly in 2012, blaming the German government's March 9 decision to slash state-mandated incentives for photovoltaic electricity.
- Germany, the world's biggest solar- power market, may delay a plan to cut subsidies in the industry by at least three weeks to allow developers to complete projects, a lawmaker said.
- 24 Feb 2012:Germany, the world's biggest market for solar power, plans record reductions in subsidies for the industry as part of a program to rein in a boom in installations.
- 10 Feb 2012:
- 6 Feb 2012:In September alone, some 16,000 households had solar panels installed - twice as many as in June - as everyone from farmers to vicars to Mick Jagger (plus thousands of other canny home owners with £12,000 to spare) scrambled to take advantage of generous government subsidies.
- 2 Feb 2012:Fears Germany will cap or cut green energy subsidies is boosting demand for solar panels, and uncertainty about the shape of the measures could give the country's battered solar sector an advantage against Chinese rivals.
- 30 Jan 2012:
- Following the amendment to the Quarto Conto Energia, GIFI, the Italian PV Industry Association, has said manufacturers are rising up to urge the government to repeal its decision on cutting FiTs for solar plants on agricultural land. Panic has spread through the PV manufacturing industry, where already financed projects will now not provide as much of a return as under the original legislation.
- 10 Jan 2012:
- 29 Dec 2011:US Congressman to discuss possible investment plan with TSMC (December 28) - Central News Agency (CNA)US Congressman Bill Owens will arrive in Taipei Wednesday to visit Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) to discuss a possible investment plan, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
- 20 Dec 2011:Alterations to Germany's green policy are causing outrage. The country's environment minister, Norbert Röttgen, has rejected the economy minister's calls to cut renewable energy subsidies further.
- 9 Dec 2011:
- 8 Dec 2011:
- 5 Dec 2011:
- 21 Nov 2011:Germany's Economy Ministry released a paper on Thursday with a proposal to reduce the growth of new photovoltaic installations to 1,000 megawatts (MW) a year, a move that would dethrone the country as the world's largest market for solar panels.
- Germany's Environment Ministry on Friday dismissed a proposal from the Economy Ministry to reduce the growth of new photovoltaic installations to 1,000 megawatt (MW) a year, saying a 15-percent cut for 2012 was enough for now.
- 18 Nov 2011:Under fire from angry Republicans, US Energy Secretary Steven Chu denied Thursday that now bankrupt solar panel firm Solyndra leveraged political ties to President Barack Obama for a government loan.
- 17 Nov 2011:
- DOE offers US$7 million in funding for efforts to reduce non-hardware costs of PV power systems (November 17) - PV-TechThe US Department of Energy (DOE) revealed its latest funding under the SunShot Initiative with a US$7 million effort for the reduction of non-hardware costs of residential and commercial PV installations.
- Three new GKB SDI cameras to strengthen HD-SDI portfolio
- Software AG releases Intelligent Business Operations to handle next generation smart data applications
- Apotop i-Selfie brings you an innovative wireless Selfie snapshot experience
- ECS announces the whole new AMD FM2+ Platform motherboards
- EverFocus ENVR8304E wins Secutech Excellence Award 2014
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Windows tablets gaining traction in Japan
- Digitimes Research: ITO film price drop to slow metal mesh penetration in mid-size touch applications
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan ODMs losing out as PC brand vendors turn to China supply chain for tablets
- Digitimes Research: Over 50% white-box tablets to come with phone functions in 2H14; MediaTek to benefit most
- Digitimes Research: 3-mode smartphones to dominate China entry-level market
More and more players have made inroads into the MEMS microphone industry to cash in on the rising...
The security solutions market is an increasingly important market as the IT industry develops and security...
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...