- 7 Mar 2017:Industry watchers predicted SK Hynix may join hands with Taiwanese company Foxconn, also known as Hon Hai Precision Industry, to acquire Toshiba's chip business. Foxconn's Chairman Terry Gou has been "very serious" about bidding for Toshiba's memory chip business.
- 28 Feb 2017:According to industry sources, SK Hynix is planning to triple its investment in foundry business this year. To this end, SK Hynix recently organized a task force at its M8 foundry plant located in Cheongju, North Chungcheong Province.
- 8 Feb 2017:Toshiba has received bids from South Korea's SK Hynix, Taiwan's Foxconn, private equity fund Silver Lake and at least three other groups for a minority stake in its profitable memory chip business, according to people close to the negotiations.
- 7 Feb 2017:South Korea's SK Hynix has entered the running for a stake in Toshiba's memory chip business, seeing an opportunity to gain on rivals in the booming NAND market, a person familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
- 6 Feb 2017:Samsung Electronics and SK hynix are expected to engage in the automotive semiconductor industry in earnest as the global market is expected to grow 7.1% annually by 2020.
- 30 Dec 2016:Samsung Electronics plans to mass produce 64-layer NAND flash memory for the first time in the world early in 2017, while SK hynix plans to mass produce 72-layer NAND flash in the second half of 2017 jumping over 64-layer NAND flash.
- 26 Dec 2016:SK Hynix, one of South Korea's leading manufacturers of memory semiconductors, plans to leapfrog rival Samsung Electronics to mass produce the most-advanced generation of NAND flash - chips that feature 72 layers of data-storing cells.
- 21 Dec 2016:In a regulatory filing with the Financial Supervisory Service, SK Hynix said, "We are looking into various options, including setting up a joint venture with Seagate Technology, to strengthen the mid and long-term competitiveness of our nonvolatile storage flash chips. But no decision has yet been made."
- 15 Dec 2016:SK Hynix is going to mass-produce 10-nano-range DRAMs in 2017 and this will be the world's second mass-production of 10-nano-range DRAMs followed by Samsung Electronics. At the same time when it is finished with development of 1x DRAM, it is going to start developing 1y DRAM and also build up its competitive edge for the future by establishing a development team for 1z DRAM.
- 1 Nov 2016:The fund will have a size of about KRW200 billion (US$175.4 million), of which KRW50 billion will be financed by Samsung Electronics and KRW25 billion by SK Hynix.
- 9 Sep 2016:SK Hynix to mass-produce its first non-memory semiconductors at 300mm factories (Sep 9) - ETNews.comSK Hynix made a plan to mass-produce 13 million-pixel CMOS Image Censor (CIS) from 300 wafer factory called M10, which is located in Icheon, in 2017.
- 31 Aug 2016:Despite first- and second-generation High Bandwidth Memory having made few appearances in shipping products, Samsung and Hynix are already working on a followup: HBM3.
- 8 Mar 2016:These chips will apparently be used on both future Nvidia Pascal graphics cards and AMD Polaris GPUs.
- 2 Mar 2016:SK Hynix plans to invest up to KRW15.5 trillion (US$12.5 billion) to build a new memory chip plant next to its Cheongju facility in North Chungcheong Province.
- 17 Dec 2015:It has been found that Chinese companies in the LCD and semiconductor industries are trying to acquire Korean firms in partnership with Samsung Electronics and SK Hynix as well as technical engineers.
- 1 Dec 2015:Altera discloses heterogeneous SiP devices that integrate HBM2 DRAM with FPGAs (Nov 9) - Company releaseAltera has disclosed the industry's first heterogeneous System-in-Package (SiP) devices that integrate stacked High-Bandwidth Memory (HBM2) from SK Hynix with high-performance Stratix 10 FPGAs and SoCs.
- 23 Oct 2015:SK Hynix has returned to the consumer solid state drives market again, three years after the company disappeared in the market in 2012.
- 6 Oct 2015:Samsung Electronics and SK hynix have clinched no overseas takeover deals for the semiconductor business this year, in contract to their global peers who've been strongly engaged in the merger and acquisition (M&A) activities.
- 18 Aug 2015:SK Group is considering pouring about 46 trillion won ($38 billion) over the next few years to expand the production facilities of its chipmaking unit SK hynix, officials said Monday.
- 7 Aug 2015:SanDisk has reached agreement with SK Hynix to modify and extend their intellectual property licensing relationship and enter into a multi-year commercial relationship under which SK Hynix will supply its DRAM products to SanDisk. These agreements include a settlement of the trade secret misappropriation suit filed by SanDisk in 2014.
- 3 Jun 2015:According to industry sources, SK Hynix will start processing 20-nano wafers for mass production from next month, and start the full-fledged production of 20-nano class DRAM in July.
- 2 Jun 2015:But company officials and market experts say if the two raise their production capacity, the long-term supply growth will remain constrained due to technological complexity.
- 2 Jan 2014:Toshiba and SK Hynix will begin joint production of next-generation memory chips as early as fiscal 2016, bringing them to market ahead of US firm Micron Technology, The Nikkei learned Wednesday.
- 23 Dec 2013:An executive of SK hynix said Thursday the firm will cooperate with Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) to supply highly-advanced chips for data-intensive devices.
- 18 Dec 2013:SK Hynix plans to build a new factory in South Korea to meet the growing demand for mobile devices, according to two people familiar with the matter.
- 1 Oct 2013:SK Hynix is considering signing a cross-licensing deal on memory chip patents with Micron Technology.
- 5 Sep 2013:SK Hynix Inc said on Wednesday it had suspended operations at its China plant, which produces around 12% of global computer memory chips, because of a fire.
- 22 Aug 2013:
- 3 Jul 2013:The two companies have reached an agreement to share patents for chipmaking technologies.
- 25 Jun 2013:Toshiba also may be among the initial customers since the three companies partner with SK Hynix on the development of resistive random access memory, or ReRam.
- 13 Jun 2013:SK Hynix has signed a five-year licensing deal worth US$240 million to settle an ongoing patent infringement lawsuit brought against it by intellectual property licensing firm Rambus.
- 30 Apr 2013:SK Hynix Semiconductor will be supplying Samsung Electronics with memory chips as early as June, industry sources said on Monday. The firm will supply enough to make up 20% of Samsung's mobile business.
- 26 Apr 2013:For the first time, the company that makes more than half the world's mobile DRAM chips may buy them from SK Hynix, said Shin Jong Kyun, head of Samsung's mobile business.
- 18 Apr 2013:Samsung Electronics is considering purchasing mobile memory chips from rival SK Hynix Inc for future products including its new flagship Galaxy S smartphone to be launched this month, JK Shin, head of Samsung's mobile business, said on Thursday.
- 26 Feb 2013:JEDEC Solid State Technology Association has announced that its board of directors appointed two new members, Jong H. Oh of SK hynix and Hung Vuong of Qualcomm.
- 20 Feb 2013:South Korean chipmaker SK Hynix has appointed its research and development (R&D) chief Park Sung-wook as the new chief executive.
- 4 Jan 2013:The company plans to produce three-dimensional (3D) flash memory chips using fine-tuned vertical-stacked-array-transistor (VSAT) technology.
- 2 Oct 2012:A HP executive recently said that the company has decided to postpone manufacturing commercial memristor-based ReRAM products until late 2013. The company originally planned to go into production during 2Q/3Q 2013.
- 8 Sep 2012:Apple instead picked Japan's Toshiba, Elpida Memory and Korea's SK Hynix to supply DRAM and NAND chips.
- 30 May 2012:A group of Elpida Memory bondholders opposes Micron Technology's offer to buy the bankrupt Japanese chipmaker as too low and has begun talks with SK hynix and Globalfoundries on an alternative plan, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said.
- CAYIN's latest digital signage player debuts at InfoComm China 2017
- Advantest VOICE 2017 U.S. and China keynote speakers announced
- QSAN launches XS3200 series SAN storage systems for SMB/enterprise market
- UMC and Synopsys collaboration speeds 14-nm custom design
- Advantest and W2BI to Exhibit Advanced Test Solutions at Mobile World Congress
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Kuka Robotics, as the world's leading maker of robots used in automobile manufacturing, has been making...
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...