- 18 Jun 2015:It would be the first increase since the rate was cut to near zero during the 2008 financial crisis.
- 28 Apr 2015:Microsoft has lost the first round in a patent battle that could see its handsets banned from import into the US.
- 5 Nov 2014:"This announcement reinforces our commitment to building the ZTE brand in the United States...," said ZTE USA's CEO Lixin Cheng.
- 15 Apr 2014:Retailers say sales were up 1.1% in March, the biggest rise since September 2012 and beating analysts' forecasts.
- 21 Nov 2013:US market: Nokia becomes 4th largest smartphone brand in 3Q13, says Counterpoint (November 1) - Company releaseDuring Q3 2013, Nokia became the fourth largest smartphone brand capturing a record high 4% market share in a market which is a virtual duopoly dominated by Apple & Samsung, according to Counterpoint Research.
- 22 Jul 2013:"Effective immediately, in addition to his current duties in supporting me with global corporate strategy, [President of Global Sales] Jason Mackenzie will lead HTC America," company CEO Peter Chou told employees in an internal email Sunday. "[President of North America] Mike Woodward will lead Emerging Devices, a newly established business unit that will focus on innovative new HTC products and global distribution strategies."
- 2 Jul 2013:ABI Research reports that the average US implied subsidy for Samsung devices is 84% as compared to Apple 74% and HTC 80%.
- 21 Jun 2013:
- 24 May 2013:China-based solar panel makers are seeking separate trade settlements with the US and the EU to avoid steep tariffs in their biggest markets.
- The Obama administration and the EU have each decided to negotiate settlements with China in the world's largest anti-dumping and anti-subsidy trade cases involving China's roughly US$30 billion a year in solar panel shipments to the West, officials and trade advisers in Beijing, Brussels and Washington said.
- Los Angeles is moving forward with two major new projects that will offer California's sprawling metropolis a combined 350MW of solar power utilizing a combination of feed-in-tariff (FIT) and request for proposal (RFP) pricing systems as it transitions from coal power to green energy.
- 14 May 2013:
- 7 May 2013:
- 3 May 2013:
- 19 Apr 2013:
- The Municipal Solid-State Street Lighting Consortium has released its Model Specification for Adaptive Control and Remote Monitoring of LED Roadway Luminaires aimed at helping municipalities and utilities maximize energy savings.
- 16 Apr 2013:
- 10 Apr 2013:Norway's Renewable Energy Corp's (REC) and Seattle-based Summit Power have sold their North Star solar power plant project in California to First Solar, an American solar firm, the Norwegian company said on April 10.
- 9 Apr 2013:Two years ago, the mayor, a Republican, decided to leverage the incessant Antelope Valley sun so that Lancaster could become the solar capital.
- 1 Apr 2013:The Solar Impulse, which has a wingspan longer than a Boeing 747 but weighs less than a car, is due to take off from San Francisco in May and spend two months hop-scotching across US cities until ending its tour in New York in July.
- 27 Mar 2013:The Export Import bank of the US has provided a US$9 million loan to a California-based firm to export thin-film solar panels to India that was used in the construction of an 11.6MW power project in Rajasthan.
- 25 Mar 2013:NRG Energy, the biggest power provider to US utilities, has become a renegade in the US$370 billion energy-distribution industry by providing electricity directly to consumers.
- 18 Mar 2013:Each time in recent years that the Federal Reserve has paused in its efforts to stimulate the economy, it has come to regret the decision as premature.
- 15 Mar 2013:
- It was a record year for solar installations in the US in 2012, boosting an industry still struggling with consolidation and bankruptcies.
- 14 Mar 2013:
- 13 Mar 2013:
- Five Wall Street investment and hedge funds have the most to lose as China's Suntech Power seeks more time to repay US$541 million of convertible debt.
- 11 Mar 2013:US polysilicon manufacturer Hemlock Semiconductor has lodged a claim against Deutsche Solar, claiming it has breached four long-term commitments to purchase polysilicon from the Michigan-based company.
- Some of the brightest new technology for cars involves lighting, such as high-intensity LED headlights, but lagging regulatory approval is leaving US drivers in the dark.
- 4 Mar 2013:
- 27 Feb 2013:The California Energy Commission has worked with research originating at the California Lighting Technology Center to publish an LED lamp quality specification that SSL manufacturers will have to follow for products to qualify for utility incentives.
- 25 Feb 2013:
- 7 Feb 2013:
- 6 Feb 2013:Appeals have been filed against the US Department of Commerce's recent ruling that Chinese photovoltaic manufacturers may assemble and ship modules to the US using solar cells produced in countries outside of China without incurring tariffs.
- 31 Jan 2013:
- 28 Jan 2013:Starting from January 26, Americans will have to get permission to "unlock" their smartphone so it runs on more than one mobile network.
- 25 Jan 2013:
- Thunder: Custom and Big Data analysis layout solution
- IoT of tomorrow can change mankind
- Advantest joins with Malaysian OSAT Fabtronic and government group to establish first shared-services lab in Southeast Asia
- Leveraging smart automated SI energy, Toes helps manufacturers move towards Industry 4.0
- Imagination receives TSMC 2015 Graphics Partner of the Year Award
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
- Digitimes Research: Tsinghua Unigroup acquisition of Micron faces difficulties, but is a must for China for further development
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to push inexpensive mobile device market with Microsoft and Allwinner solutions
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...