- 21 Apr 2014:
- 19 Nov 2013:A Wuxi court has approved Shunfeng Photovoltiac International's purchase of Suntech Power's manufacturing arm, taking the protracted saga closer to conclusion.
- 29 Oct 2013:As of October 9, a total of 47 sites with a total generating capacity of 37.8MW have been seized representing approximately 26.9% of GSF's total generating capacity.
- 17 Sep 2013:
- 20 Jun 2013:
- 24 May 2013:The restructuring administrator of Suntech Power Holdings' Wuxi unit, which was forced into bankruptcy in March, has confirmed CNY3.32 billion(US$541 million) of debt claims, the Wuxi city government said.
- 7 May 2013:eteran American investor Warren Buffett has never had an interest in buying Suntech, according to an interview the Sage of Omaha gave to China Business News, and which was carried by news agency Bloomberg.
- 18 Apr 2013:According to reports, Suntech Power may sell its stake in the Global Solar Fund Sicar (GSF Sicar), in a bid to reduce its over US$2 billion debt mountain.
- 12 Apr 2013:Suntech stock has rallied on rumors that Warren Buffet may buy the bankrupt China-based solar company. No one is quite sure why Warren Buffett might want to buy Suntech, Alic writes, and there has been no confirmation from MidAmerican Holdings that any deal is in the works.
- The plunge in shares of Suntech Power Holdings, the China-based solar-panel maker forced into bankruptcy in March, highlights risks with structured notes that can leave investors exposed to collapsing equities.
- Cash-strapped China-based solar panel maker Suntech Power is seeking to sell some assets and bring in a strategic investor to repay debt and revitalise the company, a person with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on April 10.
- 22 Mar 2013:
- 21 Mar 2013:Suntech Power Holdings has appointed Weiping Zhou, former chairman of Guolian Futures and finance department manager of government-owned investment company Wuxi Guolian Development, executive director and company president.
- The main subsidiary of Suntech Power, one of the world's largest makers of solar panels, collapsed into bankruptcy in a remarkable reversal for what had been part of a huge China government effort to dominate renewable energy industries.
- 15 Mar 2013:
- 13 Mar 2013:
- 1 Feb 2013:
- 17 Dec 2012:
- 15 Oct 2012:Solyndra, the bankrupt solar- panel maker that received a US$535 million US government loan guarantee, accused Suntech Power Holdings and other China-based panel makers of driving it out of business by running an illegal cartel.
- 12 Oct 2012:Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd interim CFO has resigned from her post. Anlin Ting-Mason will stay on as CFO of Suntech America, however.
- 28 Sep 2012:
- 24 Sep 2012:
- 19 Sep 2012:
- 31 Aug 2012:An Italian court has filed criminal charges against an investment fund controlled by China's Suntech Power Holdings, the world's largest maker of solar panels, accusing it of illegally building solar farms to milk state subsidies.
- According to media reports, criminal charges have been filed in Italy against the Global Solar Fund, S.C.A., Sicar (GSF). It is claimed the company "illegally" built solar farms in the country in order to take advantage of available subsidies. The trial is scheduled to begin on December 6.
- 20 Aug 2012:China-based Suntech Power Holdings Co.,the world's largest solar-panel manufacturer by output, surprised analysts by announcing that its founder would step down as chief executive, and naming as his successor a non-Chinese national who joined the company only last year.
- 9 Aug 2012:After a couple of particularly challenging months for the company, Suntech has announced it has delivered more than 1GW of solar panels to customers throughout North and South America as of the end of July.
- 1 Aug 2012:
- 31 Jul 2012:Suntech Power Holdings, the world's biggest solar panel maker, said it may have been the victim of a fraud involving a EUR554.2 million (US$680 million) financing guarantee it extended in 2010.
- 20 Jul 2012:
- 24 May 2012:Solar companies Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd and Trina Solar Ltd said their first-quarter margins were squeezed as they set aside money to offset anti-dumping tariffs imposed by the US government on solar panel imports from China.
- 10 Feb 2012:
- 9 Feb 2012:Suntech Power's ebullient Chief Executive Officer Shi Zhengrong got plenty of press at Davos for his proclamation that solar power will be able to compete without subsidies against conventional power sources in half the world by 2015.
- 2 Feb 2012:DuPont, Suntech sign strategic agreement for supply of PV materials, technologies in solar market (February 1) - PV-TechDuPont and Suntech Power Holdings announced that they had entered into a strategic agreement with an overall goal of augmenting the supply of PV materials and technologies in the global solar energy market.
- 26 Dec 2011:
- 6 Dec 2011:Struggling solar manufacturers will likely be driven into mergers with rivals to survive a sector squeeze, a trend that could draw major Asian conglomerates deeper into the renewable energy sector.
- 30 Nov 2011:China's solar-panel supply glut is consolidating the industry and will likely slash the number of domestic manufacturers to 15 within half a decade, according to a research group at the nation's top economic planning agency.
- 27 Sep 2011:Recent comments made by SolarWorld's Frank Asbeck claiming that the Chinese solar companies are selling their wares at dumping prices, driving others out of the market has created some ripples, with Suntech refuting the comment. And amidst the continuing growth in China, some US companies are seeing a slump, post-Solyndra meltdown.
- 5 Sep 2011:Abound Solar Inc., the photovoltaic- panel maker using technology favored by General Electric Co. (GE) and First Solar Inc. (FSLR), said bankruptcies that are culling higher-cost competitors will help lower prices for modules to $1 a watt.
- 2 Sep 2011:Although the photovoltaic module market has suffered setbacks this year, Asian manufacturers are keeping the competition on its toes.
- Indium Corporation Features Heat-Spring for LED Manufacturing at IMAPS 2015
- Focusing on four innovative applications, Merck unveils future display technologies at 2015 Touch Taiwan
- FORTREND Flexible Nano Liquid Diamond coated Touch Panel
- EverFocus Announces the Release of EQN100
- MagnaChip to host first Foundry Technology Symposium in Shanghai, China
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
- Digitimes Research: Tsinghua Unigroup acquisition of Micron faces difficulties, but is a must for China for further development
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to push inexpensive mobile device market with Microsoft and Allwinner solutions
- Digitimes Research: Touch IC developers turning to fingerprint sensors
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...