- 7 Nov 2013:US-listed chipmaker RDA Microelectronics said it received an US$18 per share buyout offer from China's state-owned Tsinghua Unigroup, which is funded by the Tsinghua University, marking it a second such bid in more than a month.
- 10 May 2013:China resolutely opposes plans by the EU to impose punitive tariffs on imported China-made solar panels and will protect local companies, a spokesman for the Ministry of Commerce said on May 9.
- 25 Mar 2013:Former solar billionaire and Australian citizen Shi Zhengrong is being investigated by China authorities over financial dealings that may have contributed to the insolvency of the company he founded, Suntech Power.
- 21 Mar 2013:Suntech Power Holdings has appointed Weiping Zhou, former chairman of Guolian Futures and finance department manager of government-owned investment company Wuxi Guolian Development, executive director and company president.
- 14 Mar 2013:Xi Jinping was named China's president Thursday by the country's parliament, one of the final steps in China's once-in-a-decade leadership change.
- 6 Mar 2013:The China Academy of Telecommunication Research, a think tank linked to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, has said that China is too reliant on Google's mobile operating system and accused the company of using its dominance to discriminate against China-based firms.
- 13 Sep 2012:Chinese delegation travels to Europe to consult with EU over anti-dumping proceedings (September 12) - PV-TechChina has expressed its deep regret at the European Commission's decision to start its investigations, a statement released by the Chinese Ministry of Commerce has said.
- 12 Sep 2012:The Chinese government on Tuesday sent a delegation to Europe to negotiate with the European Union about the trade friction over solar panel imports.
- 22 Aug 2012:China's government has ruled that US government support to six American solar and wind power projects violates free trade rules, adding to strains between Beijing and its trading partners over renewable energy.
- 18 Jun 2012:China government to launch subsidy program for energy-efficient lighting products (June 18) - Global TimesChina's lighting suppliers producing light-emitting diodes (LED) and energy-saving products are expected to receive a huge subsidy, which experts said yesterday will speed up the industry's consolidation.
- 4 Jun 2012:
- 17 May 2012:
- 5 Mar 2012:China's premier warned that growth will slow this year in the world's second-largest economy as the government seeks to overhaul the country's "unbalanced, uncoordinated and unsustainable" development model.
- 17 Jan 2012:The Chinese premier, Wen Jiabao, yesterday expressed his country's interest in collaborating with the UAE on renewable energy projects.
- 5 Dec 2011:
- 1 Sep 2011:The Chinese government continues to expand its clean energy production plans, to replace increasingly expensive coal power that is shutting down coal plants and causing power shortages of at least 16 GW.
- 29 Aug 2011:China is targeting 3 gigawatts (GW) of roof-mounted solar power generating capacity by 2015 and 25GW by 2020, the China Securities Journal reported on Monday, citing a government renewable energy development plan that is likely to be unveiled soon.
- 7 Jul 2011:China's state-run media denied recent reports that the former President and Party General Secretary Jiang Zemin had died. Citing what it called "authoritative sources," Xinhua news agency labeled the reports as "pure rumor".
- 11 May 2011:Taiwan's currency advanced 0.8% to NT$28.511 against its US counterpart as of 9:24 a.m. local time, according to Taipei Forex. It touched NT$28.495 earlier, the strongest level since October 1997.
- 15 Apr 2011:The reserves increase as Beijing buys dollars and other foreign currency to restrain the rise of its yuan as export revenues and investment pour into its economy. In freer trading, that flood of cash would push up the yuan's value against the dollar, making Chinese exports more expensive abroad.
- 6 Mar 2011:China's spending on internal policing outstrips defense budget (Mar 6) - Bloomberg (via Businessweek)China spent more on its internal police force than on its armed forces in 2010, and plans to do the same this year, as the government deployed security forces around the country to control growing social unrest.
- 18 Jan 2011:Foreign direct investment in China hit a record US$105.7 billion last year, highlighting growing confidence in the economy even as Beijing seeks to rein in growth. China attracted US$14.03 billion in foreign direct investment (FDI) in December alone, up 15.6% from a year earlier.
- 17 Jan 2011:China's President Hu Jintao has said the international currency system was "a product of the past." He also implicitly criticized the Federal Reserve's recent decision to pump 600 billion dollars into the US economy, a move criticized as weakening the dollar at the expense of other countries' exports. The comments came ahead of a state visit to Washington on Wednesday.
- 11 Jan 2011:Two investment funds backed by the Chinese government are accelerating their purchases of stakes in major Japanese listed firms, with their total market value surging 10-fold to 1.5 trillion yen (US$18 billion) in less than two years, a recent study showed.
- 15 Nov 2010:China, the world's largest producer of rare-earth metals, will speed up exports of the minerals after delays disrupted supply, according to Japan's Trade Minister Akihiro Ohata.
- 2 Nov 2010:Another source familiar with the situation said the money would likely be used to expand capacity at the company's Beijing plant, specifically to quickly ramp-up production of chips using 65nm technology.
- 7 Sep 2010:China's deputy trade envoy, Chong Quan, rejected complaints that Beijing intentionally boosts its trade surplus by promoting exports while holding down imports. Speaking at a trade forum, Chong repeated promises to boost imports of resources and high-tech equipment and to ease costs for importers but announced no new initiatives.
- 13 Aug 2010:Xinhua News Agency announced it has signed a framework agreement with China Mobile Communications to establish an Internet search engine company. It did not reveal when the company will be founded and how much capital will be invested in it.
- 11 Aug 2010:The trade surplus for July 2010 grew to US$28.7 billion, well ahead of the US$20bn recorded in June and significantly more than analysts' forecasts. The data reflected a continued strong increase in exports, but the pace of growth in imports slowed sharply.
- 10 Aug 2010:Rescuers in north-west China are continuing a frantic search for more than 1,100 people missing after a huge landslide. On Monday evening (August 9) the death toll jumped to 337 - and officials say that figure is expected to rise.
- SMIC, China's largest foundry chipmaker, is close to receiving tens of millions of dollars from the China government in a move that could help its earnings this year.
- 12 Jul 2010:Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. (SMIC) said in a statement it plans to sell up to 1.5 billion new shares at HK$0.52 each to its largest shareholder, state-owned Datang Telecom Technology & Industry Holdings, whose stake in the chip foundry will rise to up to 19.06%.
- 1 Jul 2010:Korea-China free trade talks will start next year, according to a senior Chinese government official.
- 30 Jun 2010:Until recently, Google automatically redirected Chinese users to its unfiltered search site in Hong Kong to get round censorship issues. The firm has said it will now stop this after Beijing warned it could lose its licence to operate in the country.
- 28 Jun 2010:China has come under increasing international pressure to allow the yuan to appreciate. The US in particular has argued that the weak yuan gives Chinese exporters an unfair competitive advantage.
- 22 Jun 2010:But analysts said China would still limit the appreciation so as not to damage its export-led economy.
- 21 Jun 2010:Chinese authorities announced plans on June 19 to make the exchange rate more flexible, while ruling out a large, one-off move in the exchange rate.
- 7 Jun 2010:The company will "definitely go into" China with a Taiwanese chipmaker by as early as 2012 and seek support from the China government, said Elpida's president Yukio Sakamoto in an interview. It is also accelerating plans to add a second manufacturing plant at Rexchip Electronics.
- 3 May 2010:Chinese authorities may announce a currency policy change before the second US-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue in May.
- 31 Mar 2010:Several scholars, rights activists and journalists working on China and Taiwan issues have reported that their Yahoo e-mail accounts have been hacked into, in the latest internet incident involving China since Google's decision to stop censoring its Chinese site.
- MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING - built to be perfect
- Tatung aggressively expanding in Middle East: Smart energy-saving solutions showcased at Middle East Electricity 2014
- Fortrend Liquid Diamond layer provides anti-germ capability 4 times that of untreated glass
- W Hotel chooses EverFocus as a preferred Security System Provider
- Nimax 2014 new vision: customization and intelligentization
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Digitimes Research: Cortex-A17 to take over ARM high-end/mid-range 32-bit business
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Is a US$25 smartphone possible?
- Digitimes Research: Apple triggers 64-bit AP battle
- Digitimes Research: MediaTek hikes turn-key value by virtue of Hotknot
- Intel unveils latest Education Tablet and Classmate PC
- AMD offers new 12- and 16-core additions to Opteron 6300 series
- CES 2014: Samsung unveils 12-inch tablet lineups
- CES 2014: HP unveils new 27-inch all-in-one workstation and new Android-based all-in-one PC
- CES 2014: LG unveils new wearable innovations
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...