- 28 Jun 2016:German robotics maker Kuka is on the brink of agreeing to an investor agreement with Chinese bidder Midea that includes a long-term commitment to existing headquarters, factories and jobs, a source close to the negotiations said.
- 13 Jun 2016:Siemens has no interest in becoming a white knight for German robot maker Kuka, which is the target of a 4.5 billion euro ($5.06 billion) takeover bid by Chinese home appliance maker Midea, Siemens' chief executive said.
- Agic Capital, the Chinese-European private equity fund launched last year, has bought a European industrial robotics business - in the latest example of the country's push to gain access to western automation technology.
- 12 Mar 2016:Sino King Technology, set up by Yukio Sakamoto, will be a key part of a roughly JPY800 billion (US$7 billion) project by the Chinese city of Hefei to build a plant to churn out cutting-edge semiconductors.
- 1 Mar 2016:China's central bank is increasingly finding itself in a bind, balancing its need to continue easing credit to support economic growth against its stated goal of keeping the Chinese currency stable.
- 19 Feb 2016:China's foreign exchange reserves are shrinking steadily as money flows out of the country, and Beijing moves to shore up its currency.
- 21 Jan 2016:Synaptics is nearing an agreement to be bought by a state-backed Chinese investment group that values the company at more than US$110 per share, according to people familiar with the matter.
- 15 Dec 2015:A group led by China Resources Holdings' semiconductor arm and Hua Capital Management has made an offer for Fairchild Semiconductor. That bid followed a November agreement with ON Semiconductor to buy Fairchild for $2.4 billion.
- 16 Nov 2015:Chairman Zhao Weiguo also told Reuters in an interview that Tsinghua Unigroup was in talks with a US-based company involved in the chip industry. A deal could be finalised as early as the end of this month.
- 5 Nov 2015:
- 1 Oct 2015:Chinese interest in Synaptics and Western Digital shows Beijing is accelerating efforts to buy the building blocks for a domestic technology industry.
- As to whether it makes sense it all depends on how much Abu Dhabi and Mubadala would demand in payment and what assurances of collaboration with Samsung could be obtained.
- 20 Aug 2015:BOE Technology Group said August 18 that it will establish an IC fund of CNY4 billion (US$626 million). BOE invested CNY1.5 billion in the fund, along with other investors including the government-backed National IC Fund.
- 13 Aug 2015:As China ties fester, senator calls for US to block bid for American chipmaker (Aug 12) - Wall Street JournalChina's efforts to expand its reach into advanced semiconductors in the US drew fire on Capitol Hill as a key senator called on US officials to block a state-controlled firm's effort to buy an American memory chipmaker.
- 28 Jul 2015:China has tried to calm investors by reassuring it will implement prudent monetary policy to stabilise markets.
- 15 Jul 2015:Sales of PCs that used Micron's memory chips dropped faster than the company expected in 2015 triggering a 50% stock plunge. That drop helped set the stage for Micron, which is known for buying other companies' chip operations, to become a target.
- 7 Apr 2015:Some US and European chipmakers, such as Intel, could benefit from China's push to build up its semiconductor industry into a global power, said Jefferies in a new research report.
- 29 Mar 2015:China's Suzhou PowerCore Technology said it would offer its own variant of the IBM Power8 microprocessor, the first chip to emerge from the program, which is known as OpenPower. The CP1, as the Chinese chip is called, is expected to be used initially by another Chinese company called Zoom Netcom in a new line of servers called RedPower.
- 7 Nov 2013:US-listed chipmaker RDA Microelectronics said it received an US$18 per share buyout offer from China's state-owned Tsinghua Unigroup, which is funded by the Tsinghua University, marking it a second such bid in more than a month.
- 10 May 2013:China resolutely opposes plans by the EU to impose punitive tariffs on imported China-made solar panels and will protect local companies, a spokesman for the Ministry of Commerce said on May 9.
- 25 Mar 2013:Former solar billionaire and Australian citizen Shi Zhengrong is being investigated by China authorities over financial dealings that may have contributed to the insolvency of the company he founded, Suntech Power.
- 21 Mar 2013:Suntech Power Holdings has appointed Weiping Zhou, former chairman of Guolian Futures and finance department manager of government-owned investment company Wuxi Guolian Development, executive director and company president.
- 14 Mar 2013:Xi Jinping was named China's president Thursday by the country's parliament, one of the final steps in China's once-in-a-decade leadership change.
- 6 Mar 2013:The China Academy of Telecommunication Research, a think tank linked to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, has said that China is too reliant on Google's mobile operating system and accused the company of using its dominance to discriminate against China-based firms.
- 13 Sep 2012:Chinese delegation travels to Europe to consult with EU over anti-dumping proceedings (September 12) - PV-TechChina has expressed its deep regret at the European Commission's decision to start its investigations, a statement released by the Chinese Ministry of Commerce has said.
- 12 Sep 2012:The Chinese government on Tuesday sent a delegation to Europe to negotiate with the European Union about the trade friction over solar panel imports.
- 22 Aug 2012:China's government has ruled that US government support to six American solar and wind power projects violates free trade rules, adding to strains between Beijing and its trading partners over renewable energy.
- 18 Jun 2012:China government to launch subsidy program for energy-efficient lighting products (June 18) - Global TimesChina's lighting suppliers producing light-emitting diodes (LED) and energy-saving products are expected to receive a huge subsidy, which experts said yesterday will speed up the industry's consolidation.
- 4 Jun 2012:
- 17 May 2012:
- 5 Mar 2012:China's premier warned that growth will slow this year in the world's second-largest economy as the government seeks to overhaul the country's "unbalanced, uncoordinated and unsustainable" development model.
- 17 Jan 2012:The Chinese premier, Wen Jiabao, yesterday expressed his country's interest in collaborating with the UAE on renewable energy projects.
- 5 Dec 2011:
- 1 Sep 2011:The Chinese government continues to expand its clean energy production plans, to replace increasingly expensive coal power that is shutting down coal plants and causing power shortages of at least 16 GW.
- 29 Aug 2011:China is targeting 3 gigawatts (GW) of roof-mounted solar power generating capacity by 2015 and 25GW by 2020, the China Securities Journal reported on Monday, citing a government renewable energy development plan that is likely to be unveiled soon.
- 7 Jul 2011:China's state-run media denied recent reports that the former President and Party General Secretary Jiang Zemin had died. Citing what it called "authoritative sources," Xinhua news agency labeled the reports as "pure rumor".
- 11 May 2011:Taiwan's currency advanced 0.8% to NT$28.511 against its US counterpart as of 9:24 a.m. local time, according to Taipei Forex. It touched NT$28.495 earlier, the strongest level since October 1997.
- 15 Apr 2011:The reserves increase as Beijing buys dollars and other foreign currency to restrain the rise of its yuan as export revenues and investment pour into its economy. In freer trading, that flood of cash would push up the yuan's value against the dollar, making Chinese exports more expensive abroad.
- 6 Mar 2011:China's spending on internal policing outstrips defense budget (Mar 6) - Bloomberg (via Businessweek)China spent more on its internal police force than on its armed forces in 2010, and plans to do the same this year, as the government deployed security forces around the country to control growing social unrest.
- 18 Jan 2011:Foreign direct investment in China hit a record US$105.7 billion last year, highlighting growing confidence in the economy even as Beijing seeks to rein in growth. China attracted US$14.03 billion in foreign direct investment (FDI) in December alone, up 15.6% from a year earlier.
- Microsoft launches global IoT Expo to link business opportunities and enrich the Taiwan ecosystems
- 5G Asia 2016 breakfast briefing hosted by F5
- JJPLUS leads the way in creating a new wireless charging ecosystem
- ABB to divest cable business to NKT Cables
- Smart mobile video systems for police patrol cars, a state-of-the-art technology
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...