- 29 May 2013:Adroitly alternating the threat of a trade war with the lure of its huge import market, China appears to have driven a deep wedge between Germany and the rest of the EU. And it may even have caused a rift within the Germany business world.
- 3 May 2013:Centrotherm has sold subsidiary GP Solar to German software company Isra Vision AG. Meanwhile, the company's insolvency proceedings at the Ulm District Court are expected to be completed by the end of this month.
- 16 Apr 2013:Germany reportedly added 290MW of new solar capacity in March, according to the Federal Environment Minister.
- 3 Apr 2013:Germany's solar industry is set to benefit from the financial crisis in Cyprus as investors seek a haven in the guaranteed returns provided by clean-energy plants.
- 26 Mar 2013:
- 25 Mar 2013:"There will be no cuts in the EEG for existing installations," were the words of German Chancellor Angela Merkel (CDU) as she started to lead the discussion over electricity prices.
- 7 Mar 2013:In an announcement on Tuesday, March 5, the stock exchange said that SolarWorld AG would be removed from the TecDAX on March 18.
- 4 Mar 2013:
- 7 Feb 2013:
- 1 Feb 2013:
- 29 Jan 2013:
- 28 Jan 2013:
- 17 Jan 2013:
- 7 Jan 2013:
- 2 Jan 2013:
- 7 Dec 2012:
- 6 Nov 2012:
- 10 Sep 2012:
- 7 Sep 2012:As part of its reorganization process, Centrotherm has sold centrotherm SiTec GmbH's subsidiary, Michael Glatt Maschinenbau GmbH to Germany's Büechl Handels- und Beteiligungs-KG.
- 5 Sep 2012:Chinese government officials have used economic cooperation talks, between Germany and China, to raise the topic that a bilateral solution could be reached between the two countries to avoid a potential photovoltaic trade war.
- 4 Sep 2012:
- 3 Sep 2012:German Chancellor Angela Merkel has come out against the prospect of EU action against China over alleged dumping of solar products, calling for the dispute to be solved by talks rather than trade tariffs.
- 31 Aug 2012:German Chancellor Angela Merkel seeks talks involving the European Commission and Chinese authorities to prevent the opening of anti-dumping proceedings against Chinese solar-panel makers in Europe.
- 27 Aug 2012:
- 22 Aug 2012:Another German solar module maker, Sovello, has fallen victim to fierce global competition. Insolvency adminstrators say the firm based in eastern Germany's "solar valley" will stop production within the next two weeks.
- 14 Aug 2012:
- 7 Aug 2012:Module manufacturer, aleo solar said it experienced weaker demand and continued price erosion in the first-half of the year due to changes in the German FIT and continued price erosion.
- 6 Aug 2012:The latest installation figures from the German Federal Network Agency show that the country's mid-year subsidy change for rooftop installations has caused a surge in solar demand for the first half of 2012, with more than 4.3GW installed in a period of just six months.
- 23 Jul 2012:Germany's environment ministry said on Friday it would back solar firms' efforts to bring anti-dumping proceedings against China amid a bitter price war in the industry that has left many German panel producers fighting for survival.
- 3 Jul 2012:German Chancellor Angela Merkel's government won agreement on cuts to solar-power subsidies and plans to store greenhouse gases underground, breaking a deadlock that threatened to hold up the country's energy transition.
- 12 Jun 2012:May was a record month for solar energy production in Germany, with 4 billion kilowatt hours of electricity generated by the country's solar panels.
- 21 Feb 2012:One of the world's biggest green-energy public-policy experiments is coming to a bitter end in Germany, with important lessons for policymakers elsewhere.
- 10 Jan 2012:
- 3 Jan 2012:LDK Solar Co. (LDK)'s plan to buy Germany's Sunways AG (SWW) provides China's second-largest solar-panel maker with access to new technology and a distribution network in the world's biggest photovoltaic market.
- 8 Dec 2011:
- 14 Sep 2011:The Italian network agency, GSE, reports that photovoltaic installations in Italy have reached over 10 gigawatts (GW). Already this year, says the agency, 6.5 GW have been installed.
- 29 Aug 2011:Wracked by debt but blessed with abundant sunshine, Greece plans to develop some 20,000 hectares of solar power parks in a bid to export renewable energy to Germany, a report said on Saturday.
- 14 Jun 2011:
- GIGABYTE is the exclusive motherboard sponsor of IEM
- Indium Corporation features NC-SMQ75 die-attach solder paste at Productronica China
- Advantest opens registration for VOICE 2015 developer conference May 12-14
- G.SKILL releases the fastest DDR4-3400MHz memory kit
- Toes Opto-Mechatronics launches flexible thin-film battery, seizing smart wearable application opportunities
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Windows 10 unlikely to bring dramatic changes to mobile device market in 2015
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone industry to report shipment growth of 8.6% for 4Q14
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 ships as scheduled for Xiaomi and LG product launches
- Digitimes Research: TSMC SSL merger to enhance Epistar in the LED market
- Digitimes Research: Ultra HD BD players not likely to be available until end of 2015
Lenovo, which had the fourth-largest market share next to Asustek Computer, Acer and Apple in the Taiwan...
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
The development of network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions will become mature in 2015 and...
The move by Globalfoundries to acquire IBM's semiconductor business unit and to team up with Samsung...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...