- 2 Jan 2014:Toshiba and SK Hynix will begin joint production of next-generation memory chips as early as fiscal 2016, bringing them to market ahead of US firm Micron Technology, The Nikkei learned Wednesday.
- 23 Dec 2013:An executive of SK hynix said Thursday the firm will cooperate with Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) to supply highly-advanced chips for data-intensive devices.
- 18 Dec 2013:SK Hynix plans to build a new factory in South Korea to meet the growing demand for mobile devices, according to two people familiar with the matter.
- 1 Oct 2013:SK Hynix is considering signing a cross-licensing deal on memory chip patents with Micron Technology.
- 5 Sep 2013:SK Hynix Inc said on Wednesday it had suspended operations at its China plant, which produces around 12% of global computer memory chips, because of a fire.
- 22 Aug 2013:
- 3 Jul 2013:The two companies have reached an agreement to share patents for chipmaking technologies.
- 25 Jun 2013:Toshiba also may be among the initial customers since the three companies partner with SK Hynix on the development of resistive random access memory, or ReRam.
- 13 Jun 2013:SK Hynix has signed a five-year licensing deal worth US$240 million to settle an ongoing patent infringement lawsuit brought against it by intellectual property licensing firm Rambus.
- 30 Apr 2013:SK Hynix Semiconductor will be supplying Samsung Electronics with memory chips as early as June, industry sources said on Monday. The firm will supply enough to make up 20% of Samsung's mobile business.
- 26 Apr 2013:For the first time, the company that makes more than half the world's mobile DRAM chips may buy them from SK Hynix, said Shin Jong Kyun, head of Samsung's mobile business.
- 18 Apr 2013:Samsung Electronics is considering purchasing mobile memory chips from rival SK Hynix Inc for future products including its new flagship Galaxy S smartphone to be launched this month, JK Shin, head of Samsung's mobile business, said on Thursday.
- 26 Mar 2013:The latest toxic gas leaks may not have caused serious physical harm, but the fact that the culprit companies failed to promptly report to state authorities is raising suspicions of corporate negligence.
- 26 Feb 2013:JEDEC Solid State Technology Association has announced that its board of directors appointed two new members, Jong H. Oh of SK hynix and Hung Vuong of Qualcomm.
- 20 Feb 2013:South Korean chipmaker SK Hynix has appointed its research and development (R&D) chief Park Sung-wook as the new chief executive.
- 4 Jan 2013:The company plans to produce three-dimensional (3D) flash memory chips using fine-tuned vertical-stacked-array-transistor (VSAT) technology.
- 8 Sep 2012:Apple instead picked Japan's Toshiba, Elpida Memory and Korea's SK Hynix to supply DRAM and NAND chips.
- 30 May 2012:A group of Elpida Memory bondholders opposes Micron Technology's offer to buy the bankrupt Japanese chipmaker as too low and has begun talks with SK hynix and Globalfoundries on an alternative plan, a source with direct knowledge of the matter said.
- 4 May 2012:Chip maker SK Hynix said in a regulatory filing that its shareholders have agreed to call off a bid for Elpida. There were no further details in the statement.
- 3 May 2012:The selection process for a sponsor to support the rehabilitation of Elpida Memory has reached its final stage. Micron Technology, SK Hynix and a consortium of US and Chinese investment funds are expected to participate in the second round of bidding, which will likely wrap up Friday.
- 5 Apr 2012:
- Clientron reveals its brand new all-in-one POS terminal - Wing650
- ThroughTek to showcase partner solutions at Computex 2015
- Launching custom-made projector LED light sources, shaping up speedy service model
- Sidekick at the 2015 SIA new product showcase in ISC West won award
- Jorjin launch SimpleLink module solutions for Internet of Everything
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Six 2-in-1 Chromebooks scheduled for 2015 to tackle non-education markets
- Demand for overclocking surges in the face of declining desktop market, says HWinsights
- Is Japan losing its influence in global semiconductor market?, asks IC Insights
- Digitimes Research: Philips makes wise move selling Lumileds stake
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft patent fee cut to attract vendors to pre-install apps in Android products
Global demand for LED lighting will peak in 2018, with LED applications to acount for 70% of all lighting...
Through intensified cooperation with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and MediaTek,...
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...