Conexant Systems Inc. unveiled its new smart source pickup (SSP) voice and speech processing software for PCs and tablets. Designed to work with any hardware CODEC, Conexant's stand-alone AudioSmart software provides clear voice quality, eliminates noise from the microphone input signal during VoIP calls and dramatically improves Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) system performance.
From conducting a call via Skype at a noisy cafe to giving verbal commands to your tablet in an airport terminal, Conexant's AudioSmart software enables a better user experience and makes challenges with background noise and competing sounds, like keystroke noise, a thing of the past.
Conexant's AudioSmart software is based on its proprietary Smart Source Pickup (SSP) noise suppression algorithm. SSP is a blind source separation technology that uses spatial representation of target speech and noise sources to reduce interference. Unlike competing technologies, speech and noise can arrive at any angle relative to the microphones; SSP even removes noise when it comes from the same direction as desired speech, and when the speaker is up to five meters away from the target device. SSP is also extremely effective at reducing keystroke noise distractions during conference calls and other computer-based voice communications.
"Our AudioSmart software solutions make it possible to harness the power of human speech for a dramatically improved user experience when making VoIP calls or using Speech Recognition to control a device," noted Saleel Awsare, Conexant vice president and general manager. "PCs and tablets are obvious targets for our software, but there are many other applications that can benefit from our audio processing, including handsets, automotive, wearable computing, headsets and more."
Conexant's lineup of AudioSmart software solutions for Windows and Android includes:
• PRO: Designed for the modern corporate workforce; includes keystroke/tap noise elimination along with the most advanced far-field VoIP experience and noise-reduced Speech input available
• MAX: Optimized for multimedia and gaming enthusiasts; features improved VoIP for gaming, advanced noise-reduced Speech input, and high performance speaker correction
• Classic: Designed for cost-sensitive markets and near-field use cases; features clear quality for VoIP, noise-reduced Speech input, and basic speaker correction for playback
Conexant's AudioSmart software has passed stringent testing with PRO and MAX packages both proven to dramatically exceed performance requirements for Intel and Google ASR. Additionally, all of Conexant's AudioSmart software solutions are optimized for only two-microphone elements (not three+), and each package offers:
• Flexible microphone placement options for lower system cost and innovative industrial design
• High hit-rate Speech Recognition in challenging scenarios
• Excellent voice quality in noisy environments, independent of device orientation or the user's position (angle) relative to the device
Computex attendees are encouraged to stop by Conexant's suite at Pacific Business Center PBC Hotel, Meeting Room D during the show to get a first-hand look at the new software in action. Please visit http://www.conexant.com/ for more details.
DIGITIMES' editorial team was not involved in the creation or production of this content. Companies looking to contribute commercial news or press releases are welcome to contact us.