- Be the first to comment
- Global handset demand likely to disappoint in 2015, say Taiwan IC design houses
- MediaTek reportedly uses TSMC 20nm process to manufacture 10-core chip solutions
- SSD, eMMC controllers drive Silicon Motion sales growth in 1Q15
- Over 60 million iPhone 6s to be shipped in 2Q15, say Taiwan makers
- Silicon Motion to acquire China PCIe SSD firm
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers small- to medium-size panels drop over 19% in 1Q15
- Fire-damaged facilities to resume full operation in two weeks, says Unitech
- Sales of electric trucks and buses for commercial applications expected to total more than 805,000 from 2014-2023, says firm
- Worldwide small- to medium-size TFT-LCD panel shipment volume to show steady growth through 2016, says MIC
- Commentary: Nokia set to become a telecom equipment player
- Taiwan market: Samsung unveils entry-level tablet Galaxy Tab A
- Solar firms cooperate to develop PERC mono-like cells
- Acer will compete in PC market to the last, says CEO
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments in 1Q15 down 35.3% on quarter
- CSOT launches new 8.5G fab estimated to bring over US$3 billion a year in revenues
- Everlight wins against Nichia in US patent infringement suit
- Samsung surpasses Innolux to hold leading position in 4K TV panel shipments
- Epistar, Lextar see increasing orders from LED lighting vendors
- Digitimes Research: Smartphone AP shipments in China to grow over 17% sequentially in 2Q15
- China sees large global PV production market share in 2014, says CCID Think Tank
- Osram to transfer general lighting lamps business into independent legal structure
- Coretronic revenues down 18% in 1Q15
- Inotera 1Q15 profits drop to 7-quarter low
- Applied, Tokyo Electron terminate merger deal
- HMI 1Q15 profits hit lowest in 10 quarters
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...