Chi Mei Optoelectronics Corporation is a Taiwan-based company primarily engaged in research, development, manufacture and distribution of thin film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) monitors and color filters.
The Company's major products include LCD television panels, monitor panels, notebook computer display panels, audio/video (AV) and mobile display panels, medical display panels and special-application panels. Its products are applied in mobile communication products, information product and household electrical appliances. The Company operates international divisions in Japan, the United States, Holland, England, Germany and Singapore. The Company has production facilities in Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, and Foshan, Guangdong province, China. It distributes its products principally in Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Europe and Mainland China.
PerformanceThe company's stock price closed at NT$21.95 on the TSE on Thursday, March 4, 2010.For the second quarter of 2009, the company totaled NT$72,535 million in consolidated revenues, up 60.3% sequentially and down 25.1% on year.Brief
Full name: Chi Mei Optoelectronics (merge to Chimei Innolux Corporation)
Chinese name: 奇美電子股份有限公司
Short name: CMO
Stock code: 3009
Tax ID: 16130303
Established: 6 Aug 1998
Paid in capital: NT$82.87 billion
Listed on TSE: 26 Aug 2002
Listed on ESB: 7 May 2002
Public since: 22 Jun 2000
- HTC reshuffling top management
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Focus on enterprise SSD: Q&A with OCZ CMO Alex Mei
- HTC to appoint new CMO, says paper
- Solid state storage for the enterprise and consumers: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO at OCZ Technology
- Taiwan must learn antitrust lessons: Q&A with ex-CMO president Ho Jau-yang
- Expanding SSD market reach: Q&A with OCZ executive VP and CMO Alex Mei
- CMI will appeal against EC antitrust fine, says chairman
Chi Mei Optoelectronics (CMO) showcased a 57-inch 240Hz LCD panel with 240Hz scanning BLU at Display Taiwan 2009 last week. With...
Photo: Rodney Chan, Jun 18.
The 57-inch full HD LCD TV panel of Chi Mei Optoelectronics (CMO) will be produced at the company's 5.5-generation (5.5G)...
Photo: Company, Oct 24.
CMO is highlighting a 22-inch 3D widescreen monitor display, which is claimed to be the world's first commercially mass-produced...
Photo: Carrie Yu, Digitimes, Jun 13.
- The highly sophisticated tool for protecting from data security vulnerabilities - MEjW TP-400-I
- GIGABYTE launches new X99 series motherboards
- Lanner Establishes Internet of Things Business Unit, Announcing Readiness for the IoT Era
- G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Achieves DDR4 Memory Record at 4004MHz On ASUS ROG X99 Rampage V Extreme Motherboard and Intel Core i7-5930K CPU
- Iceleads announces opening of Taiwan Branch Office to grasp local opportunities
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Digitimes Research: Intel to see strong tablet AP shipments in 2H14
- Commentary: Apple Watch pioneering user interface will make around 10% of users Think Different
- Digitimes Research: Asustek detachable devices face size hurdle
- Digitimes Research: Apple refocuses on 9.7-inch iPad in 2H14
- Commentary: Time is running out for console makers to clean up GamerGate
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
IFA 2014 will be hosted from September 5-10 in Berlin, Germany.
Foxconn's plants in Shenzhen, China were said to have caused employees to develop leukaemia, but Foxconn has refuted the saying.
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...