- Digitimes Research: Smartphone AP shipments in China to grow over 17% sequentially in 2Q15
- AMD to launch Godavari APUs at end of May, say Taiwan makers
- Epistar, Lextar see increasing orders from LED lighting vendors
- Digitimes Research: Global notebook shipments to grow 11% sequentially in 2Q15
- Wireless charging module makers to offer dual- or multi-mode solutions, say Taiwan makers
- HMI 1Q15 profits hit lowest in 10 quarters
- Everlight wins against Nichia in US patent infringement suit
- Samsung surpasses Innolux to hold leading position in 4K TV panel shipments
- China sees large global PV production market share in 2014, says CCID Think Tank
- Applied chairman among candidates for TSMC board of directors
- Acer showcases range of new products in New York
- Commentary: Can Sharp improve its performance from increased presence in China?
- Osram to transfer general lighting lamps business into independent legal structure
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan sees decreased 1Q15 LCD monitor shipments
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan 1Q15 handset shipments down 30.3% sequentially
- Spreadtrum chipsets adopted for Samsung WCDMA tablets and smartphone
- Samsung talks up new flexible AMOLED technology
- China 2014 PV product exports worth US$16.2 billion
- Middle East pay TV market boom fastest globally, says IHS
- Communications and computer systems to drive IC sales across all regions, says IC Insights
- Taiwan notebook shipments down 16% sequentially in 1Q15, says MIC
- Acer re-launches Predator gaming notebook lineup
- China suppliers continue to lead the solar PV module market in 2014, says IHS
- Taiwan IC backend production value to rise 4.9% in 2015, says IEK
- MediaTek responds to patent infringement case brought by Synaptics against its China-based affiliate
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...