- Niching 2014 profits hit 3-year high
- Motherboard players unlikely to achieve shipment targets for 2015
- Inventec to build server plants in Southeast Asia and Japan, says chairman
- Samsung Display looking to revamp OLED TV panel production, says report
- Foxconn nets NT$8.85 per share for 2014
- Lenovo plans to launch smartphones in Japan, says paper
- Sony Mobile aims to ship 38 million smartphones in FY2015, say sources
- Taiwan market: Gogoro to launch Smartscooter in summer 2015
- China PV makers expect demand to rebound in 2Q15
- Foundry chipmaker Powerchip developing SoC for IoT
- IC distributor ANStek revenues and profits climb to 3-year highs
- UMC snatches high-end 28nm chip orders from TSMC clients
- Toshiba in talks to sell large stake of Egypt-based TV manufacturing facilities, says report
- Asustek to add fingerprint ID function to ZenFone in 2H15, says paper
- IHS comments on Intel potential acquisition of Altera
- Epistar to start production of integrated power drivers based on Si substrates
- CPT reports decline for 2014 performance
- Giga Solar Materials to deal out 2014 dividend of NT$15.00
- UMC begins construction of 12-inch fab in Xiamen
- Taiwan market: Bidding for new 4G band units to be less intense, says TWM president
- Supply chains shifting strategy due to weak notebook and tablet demand in Europe
- Taiwan university develops silicon slurry recycling process
- China-based MLS expects 2015 LED lighting revenues from US to hike 5-10 fold
- Unity Opto Technology sees booming orders for LED lighting
- Quanta sees growth of 5.2% in 2014 revenues
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
Lenovo, which had the fourth-largest market share next to Asustek Computer, Acer and Apple in the Taiwan...
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
NAND flash chip controller maker Phison Electronics has seen its sales grow robustly in 2014. And under...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...