- Taiwan IC design houses gearing up to offer solutions for USB Type-C
- Prospects of IC backend service industry remain promising: Q&A with UTAC Holdings CEO William John Nelson
- Qualcomm, MediaTek shifting some 28nm chip orders away from TSMC
- Tablet vendors looking to tackle niche markets in 2015
- Getac chairman expects over 15% on-year growth in rugged PC shipments in 2015
- Global wind power installations increase 42% in 2014, says Navigant
- Sapphire makers seeing strong orders in March
- Genius Electronic Optical offers LED fishing lights
- Digitimes Research: Tianma expects new high-end display fabs to enter production in 2H15
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to push 2 inexpensive notebooks in mid-2015 to counter Chromebook penetration
- Foxconn to cooperate with SK C&C to tap China IT service market
- Green Energy Technology to not deal out dividend for 2014
- Apple dictates the ranking of top 10 MEMS manufacturers in 2014, says IHS
- Senao Networks steps into industrial computing
- Commercial TV market in China expected to reach 3.35 million in 2015, says firm
- Inotera board approves NT$34.4 billion for transition to 20nm
- Nan Ya Photonics exhibits omni-directional LED light bulb
- Lenovo separates mobile business unit by brand
- LED light bulb prices to fall to US$5 in 2015, says Epistar chairman
- Digitimes Research: Holitech to become 2nd-largest touch panel maker in China after acquisitions
- Young Fast aims to reduce cash outflow and increase new solutions to improve performance in 2015
- Apple to release 3 iPhone models in 2H15
- Apple Watch yields have been low but are increasing, say touch panel makers
- Taiwan makers lower prices for PERC monocrystalline solar cells
- Taiwan International Lighting Show begins
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
While mid-power LED chips account for only a small proportion of LED lighting currently, the proportion...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...