- Taiwan science parks January-August total revenues up 1.75% on year, says MOST
- Digitimes Research: Global notebook shipments to drop in 4Q14
- China handset camera module makers cut pricing by 15-20%
- GET reportedly to help Motech manage solar-grade wafer production
- International smartphone chip vendors enhance development of tablet chips
- Intel may stop providing subsidies for mobile solutions; switch to providing support through different methods
- Apple likely to supply more iPhone 6 Plus to satisfy strong demand from China, say sources
- Global smart water meter market to eclipse US$1 billion in 5 years, says IHS
- Investment in dynamic Volt/VAR control architectures to total US$17.7 billion from 2014-2023, says Navigant
- iEnergy launches second-generation micro-inverter
- TV vendors look to upcoming holiday periods for Ultra HD TV development
- Apple panel supply to come mainly from LG
- Lenovo to set up secondary brand for mobile devices
- Tablet panel pricing remaining flat in October
- Taiwan market: 4G users to reach 3 million by year-end 2014, says CHT chairman
- Taiwan sees increased September export order value, says MOEA
- Corning vehicle display glass gains further attention in the market
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo starts price-cut competition for 7-, 8-inch tablets
- Tera Xtal cancels plan to raise additional capital
- Handset panel module price quotes estimated to drop 10% in 4Q14
- VIS hiking production at 8-inch fab
- Taiwan, Japan LED makers to face price competition from China, says Nichia executive
- TSMC to start production of 16nm process products in 2Q15
- China Mobile January-September profit down on year
- Global smartphone shipments grow 9.1% in 3Q14, says WitsView
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...