- TSMC reportedly considers generating its own electricity
- Taiwan, China to see LED chip sector consolidation, says Epistar president
- KYEC looks to single-digit revenue growth in 3Q15
- IC demand unlikely to pick up until 2Q16, says TSIA chairman
- Commentary: MediaTek-MStar expansion to pose threat to other IC vendors
- Foxconn to step up cooperation with SK Group
- Tongfang Global and QD Vision partner on new quantum dot TVs
- Costs for new OLED lighting modules from Mitsubishi and Pioneer to drop 60%
- Automotive industry now the third largest end market for power semiconductors, IHS says
- General Integration expects to achieve revenues of NT$300 million from 3D business in 2015
- Giga Solar Materials expects return of 10-12% on investment in PV power-generating station in Japan
- Sunrex Technology to buy back 1.65% stake
- Taiwan market: BenQ launches 4G-connected action camera
- TPK reports August 2015 revenues
- 10-20MWp PV systems damaged by Typhoon in Taiwan
- Merger with Asustek unlikely, says Acer CEO
- Taiwan market: Projector market up 11.6% on year
- Motech looks to acquire solar cell lines in China
- Acer to acquire bicycle GPS device vendor Xplova
- Digitimes Research: August 7W, 9W LED light bulb prices down in China
- India market: MediaTek, Micromax collaborate on mid- to high-end smartphones
- Schott optimistic about thin glass demand in the semiconductor industry
- Solartech reports increased August revenues
- Taiwan market: Microsoft offers business-use mobile information security solution
- IFA 2015: Acer unveils new smartphone with 10-core CPU
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...