- Smartphones to remain largest AP application through 2020, says Digitimes Research
- TPK to quit touch panel production for Apple Watch, say sources
- China and Taiwan fabs gearing up for next-gen memory production
- Silicon wafer prices to rise in 2017, says GlobalWafers
- Foxconn chairman pledges shares for loans
- Panasonic, Sharp capitalize on JCM to export PV modules, says report
- TPV to set up LCD TV factory in China, says paper
- Taiwan January export order value down on month, up on year, says MOEA
- FET ties up with IBM to promote SAP HANA business solutions
- Digitimes Research: Global electric vehicle market heating up
- China market: Xiaomi to enhance its product portfolio to ramp up sales in 2017
- China adds PV installation capacity of 34.54GWp in 2016, says CPIA
- AUO to beef up marketing of LTPS TFT-LCD panels in 2017
- Asustek adjusting tablet operations
- Samsung unveils a new line of smart appliances at Samsung SEAO Forum 2017
- Taipei City Government opens PV power-generating station on restored landfill site
- OLED smartphones and the TV pricing connection
- Philips Lighting boosting CityTouch
- AUO opens rooftop PV system in southern Taiwan
- Taiwan attracts foreign direct investment of nearly US$367 million in January, says MOEA
- Taiwan IC production value rises 8.2% in 2016, say TSIA and IEK
- Walton net profits surge in 2016
- LG Display constructing 10.5G TFT-LCD factory, says report
- Aerosol science research center opens in Taiwan
- Taiwan market: Samsung to launch QLED TVs
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...