- MediaTek expanding IoT ecosystem
- Amazon new 7-inch tablets to benefit Taiwan, China supply chain makers
- Taiwan market: Toshiba no longer selling consumer notebooks
- Inventec takes 90% stake in all-in-one PC maker TPV-Inventa
- China hikes 2015 target PV installation capacity by 5.3GWp
- Globalfoundries developing 10nm in-house
- MediaTek, Huawei to tap SSD controller market
- Digitimes Research: 3GPP sets Category 0 in R12 to facilitate application of LTE to IoT
- AUO reportedly receives rush order for 65-inch TV panels from TCL
- VIA Telecom assets sold to Intel
- Xilinx ships 16nm chips ahead of schedule
- Taiwan market: Gogoro Lite electric scooter launched
- JDI to remain top Apple display supplier for iPhone in 2016
- Annual revenues for drone and robotics technologies for transmission and distribution expected to reach US$4.1 billion by 2024, says report
- Japan market: HTC unveils 2 SIM-free smartphones
- Solartech, Danen see mixed growth in September revenues
- Sapphire pricing drops 30% in September due to weak demand in LED market, says report
- Foxconn, Innolux considering joint investment in India-based display facilities
- Metal recycling firm JYD receives investment from Mitsui
- TSEC secures orders with shipments scheduled through next 6 months
- General Energy Solutions to obtain 30% stake in Phanes Group
- China exports LED lighting worth US$355 million to India in January-August
- Epistar to invest in Malaysia-based Dominant Opto Technologies
- Digitimes Research: Panasonic aims at automotive lighting revenues of JPY60 billion for FY2018
- Targeting niche markets: Q&A with ST Liu, president of Acer handset unit
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...