Equipped with the SandForce SF-2000 series SSD processor and a 6Gb/s SATA interface, the XceedIOPS2 enterprise-class SSD is optimized for use in high-volume virtualized storage applications, the vendor said. Available in densities from 50GB to 400GB, the new XceedIOPS2 SATA SSD delivers high random performance of 60K IOPS and sequential performance of 520MB/s. The available 1.8-inch form factor addresses applications with restricted real estate, such as blade servers and other high-density computing systems.
Designed to deliver superior reliability, the XceedIOPS2 SATA SSDs are manufactured using the latest enterprise-grade multi-level cell (E-MLC) NAND flash technology, which offers specified endurance of 30,000 program/erase (P/E) cycles. In addition, the new SSDs support AES-256 encryption and are Trusted Computing Group (TCG) enterprise compliant. The XceedIOPS2 SATA SSDs are also equipped with extensive error-correction and detection, multi-level data-path and code protection, data-fail recovery, thermal management, advanced management features, and Smart Modular's proprietary PowerGuard technology.
The new XceedIOPS2 SATA SSDs are available now in engineering samples for select customers.
- AZZURRO demonstrates high-yield production for GaN-on-Si voltage wafers
- Advantech Releases 6U CompactPCI Board with 4th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- Advantech to Support CompactPCI PlusIO and Serial Standards
- ABB to showcase leading-edge power distribution technologies at CIRED
- Fanless In-Vehicle Systems with Intel Core i7
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Lose the switch, lose the loss: Cavendish Kinetics leverages MEMS for tunable RF components
- Cavendish Kinetics announces RF MEMS technology for improving wireless performance
- Solar trade dispute spreads to wine industry; gets personal
- Analogix eyes link between smartphones and HD displays
- Strong reaction from China, EU members over solar trade row
Dialog Semiconductor has managed to land solution orders from first-tier smartphone vendors in the...
Cavendish Kinetics recently announced the availability of production samples of its tunable RF capacitors...
Taiwan-based Chimei Group, once a major LCD panel maker, now focuses on providing upstream components...
Eight years ago, the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) defined the first carrier class networks and services...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...