The new MacBook Pro's Retina display features more than four million pixels, nearly twice the number of pixels in an HD TV, according to Apple. The display uses IPS technology for a 178-degree wide viewing angle, and has 75% less reflection and 28% higher contrast than the current generation.
The new MacBook Pro features 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 processors with the option to choose faster 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 processors, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 8GB of 1600MHz memory, and up to 768GB of flash storage. Two Thunderbolt and two USB 3.0 ports allow users to connect to multiple displays and high-performance devices, and a new HDMI port offers connectivity to an HDTV. The 13-inch MacBook Pro also features a FaceTime HD camera, dual microphones, improved speakers, three-stream 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, and a MagSafe 2 power port.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro battery delivers up to seven hours of wireless productivity and can remain in standby for up to 30 days, Apple said.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro is available with a 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of memory and 128GB of flash storage starting at US$1,699; and with 256GB of flash storage starting at US$1,999.
- AEWIN Introduces Newest Multiplayer Gaming System SGA-5010
- Carry Technology Highlights Thunderbolt and Wi-Fi Card Reader Series
- EverFocus launches ECOR960 X1 16CH with better image quality and more affordable price
- Leadtek to Show Total Cloud Solutions at Computex Taipei 2013
- Clientron to exhibit its latest Zero/Thin Client and POS solutions along with the full product line at Computex Taipei 2013
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- The Imaging Source: GigE Camera - 5 MegaPixel
- ATO SOLUTION CO., LTD Successfully Design-in Taiwan Tier One ODM DSC Manufacturer
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- ATO Solution to launch 256Mb SLC NAND Flash - for the first time in fabless industry
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments in 1Q13 down sequentially, up on year
- Digitimes Research: Global top-5 notebook brands see over 20% shipment drop in April
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan 2Q13 digital camera shipments expected to rebound sequentially
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan 1Q13 digital camera shipments hit 16-quarter low
- Commentary: Price competition over 7-inch tablets erodes profits
- Taiwan FTC investigates Samsung over false advertising allegations
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
- Blog: Google Glass may enjoy demand from more than just regular users
- Galaxy S4 to extend Samsung lead in 2013 handset market, says IHS
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The show will be held from June 4-8. It is expected to attract 40,000 international buyers and create business opportunities worth US$25 billion. The...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
As Microsoft launched its latest Windows 8 and RT operating system, there are many players already launched the related products, while some expect the...
Chaintech, a motherboard/graphics card maker, which quit the market once and returned recently, has...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
As the PC Industry is having trouble achieving growth, transformation has become a new trend among...
China-based Huawei Technologies has always been known for its telecom technologies and equipment, but...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...