Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily updates on shipments, supplier contracts and financial data on the more...
Last update: Thursday 20 October 2016
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google and Sony, all aggressively pushing into.
Last update: Wednesday 19 October 2016
HTC's latest development
Last update: Tuesday 18 October 2016
HTC is banking on its VR device to revive its business
Last update: Tuesday 18 October 2016
Historical shipment data of Taiwan's first-tier IT manufacturers.
Last update: Thursday 13 October 2016
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players to show heightened interest in the new platform. DIGITIMES provides...
Last update: Thursday 6 October 2016
TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks
Last update: Monday 26 September 2016
Latest developments of Lextar.
Last update: Wednesday 10 August 2016
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens and other innovations. In order to boost consumer value in the LCD TV market, 4K enhanced-color LCD TVs using QD technology...
Last update: Monday 8 August 2016
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
Last update: Wednesday 3 August 2016
With the UK deciding to leave EU, many effects are expected to impact the UK market.
Last update: Friday 15 July 2016
Computex 2016 will run from May 31-June 4 in Taipei, Taiwan. The show in 2016 will focus on innovations and startups. Computex will have 1,600 exhibitors, occupying over 5,000 booths and will attract over 130,000 visitors...
Last update: Friday 3 June 2016
Earthquakes in Japan often cause huge damage. They have had strong impacts on the country's electronics industry.
Last update: Monday 16 May 2016
The India government is accelerating the adoption of LED lighting in the country.
Last update: Friday 22 April 2016
The US government is reviewing anti-dumping tariffs imposed on China and Taiwan solar firms since December 2014.
Last update: Tuesday 19 April 2016
With demand for cloud computing services continues rising, more players have joined the server market to compete for orders and are now targeting Europe.
Last update: Thursday 7 April 2016
Apple has announced its new 9.7-inch iPad Pro and low-price iPhone SE
Last update: Wednesday 23 March 2016
China-based Huawei and Xiaomi are both planning to launch notebooks in 2016, looking to snatch some share from the market.
Last update: Friday 22 January 2016
A CNY120 billion (US$19 billion) national industry investment fund has been set up to help local foundries finance the build-up of advanced manufacturing processes, and also to assist local IC firms to form mergers and/or...
Last update: Monday 14 December 2015
A portal for information about Taiwan's WiMAX industry.
Last update: Wednesday 11 November 2015
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) is seeking to acquire an up to 25% stake in fellow packaging house Siliconware Precision Industries (SPIL).
Last update: Friday 6 November 2015
Notebook brand vendors have been postponing their RFQ processores for 2016orders, lacking development direction and waiting for Intel new Skylake processors.
Last update: Tuesday 22 September 2015
After acquiring MStar Semiconductor, MediaTek has announced more acquisitions.
Last update: Tuesday 15 September 2015
Apple has released its latest innovations including the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, iPad Pro and new Apple TV.
Last update: Thursday 10 September 2015
Notebook brand vendors including Acer and Asustek have unveiled their new gaming products at IFA 2015
Last update: Thursday 3 September 2015
Acer has been pushing its new product lines such as Chromebook, gaming devices and 2-in-1 devices in 2015, looking to maximum its profits.
Last update: Friday 21 August 2015
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics technologies and development trends from the optoelectronics industries...
Last update: Tuesday 16 June 2015
The Computex show will host from June 2-6 and will focus on three major topics: IoT, mobile applications and cloud computing technology.
Last update: Friday 5 June 2015
4K TVs continue to grow strong in the market and are expected to more than double in 2015. Panel makers and TV vendors alike are eying opportunities in this market despite lagging content in the market. Will new product...
Last update: Thursday 30 April 2015
Taiwan IT players have been aggressively establishing platform to help start-up companies to enter into the IT market.
Last update: Thursday 9 April 2015
Apple reportedly is planning to release its new iPhone 6S and 6C in the second half.
Last update: Thursday 26 March 2015
Apple has announced to release its Apple Watch and new 12-inch ultra-thin MacBook in April 2015 and has upgraded its MacBook Pro and Air products.
Last update: Tuesday 10 March 2015
Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2015, hosted from March 2-5 in Barcelona, Spain gathered mobile device vendors worldwide to showcase their latest mobile innovations.
Last update: Friday 6 March 2015
Windows 10 and Intel's Skylake processors are expected to have limited affect on boosting consumer demand for PC in the second half of 2015
Last update: Friday 23 January 2015
Vendors are showing their latest products at CES 2015, including Ultra HD TVs and connected devices.
Last update: Friday 23 January 2015
- Microsoft bridging IoT innovation to seek new growth drivers for Taiwan
- Industry 4.0-based network manager ensures solid industrial connectivity
- G.fast IOP, a first in a Carrier Network environment; Swisscom makes it a reality that meets their network requirements
- Heraeus introduces new series of PERC Metallization Pastes at PV Taiwan International Photovoltaic Exhibition
- VATek's modulator has been used on the world's first DTV transmitter crowdfunding project on Kickstarter
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
21-Oct-2016 markets closed
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...