DRAM inventory levels have remained high, reflecting disappointing PC sales thus far in the second half of 2012 despite it being the traditional peak season.
Last update: Tuesday 6 November 2012
The European Commission announced on September 6, 2012 the decision to start anti-dumping investigation against China-based solar firms
Last update: Thursday 1 November 2012
As Microsoft launched its latest Windows 8 and RT operating system, there are many players already launched the related products, while some expect the software to change the IT industry
Last update: Wednesday 31 October 2012
HTC has been struggling. It is even laying off some of its staff.
Last update: Friday 26 October 2012
LCD TV panel prices have stabilized, with the China TV market reporting strong sales during the October 1 National Day holidays.
Last update: Monday 22 October 2012
As Apple, Google and Microsoft are all expected to release new tablets in near future, smaller tablet brand vendors may have trouble trying to survive in the battlefield.
Last update: Friday 19 October 2012
AMD has been aggressively adjusting its APU prices and roadmap in hoping to maintain its competitiveness
Last update: Monday 15 October 2012
Several research firms have announced reports about weak PC shipment performance in 2012
Last update: Friday 12 October 2012
PV Taiwan 2012 was held in Taipei from October 3-5, 2012.
Last update: Friday 12 October 2012
Taiwan-based LED chipmaker expands capacity and plans to take over Huga Optotech through share swap
Last update: Monday 1 October 2012
Contract prices for DRAM memory fell over 10% in August 2012, and continued their downward trend in the first half of September. End-market demand has been disappointing.
Last update: Friday 14 September 2012
SEMICON Taiwan 2012 took place in Taipei during September 5-7. A series of technology forums were held with industry heavyweights to share their points of view and opinions on the future of technology.
Last update: Monday 10 September 2012
AMD in the past few months, saw many of its executives have resigned from their posts and the trend is still going on.
Last update: Tuesday 4 September 2012
Many local and foreign makers, such as AUO, CMI and Corning, are at Touch Taiwan 2012 from August 29-31.
Last update: Friday 31 August 2012
China, EU, US, India, and South Korea are all facing trade barriers in the solar market
Last update: Wednesday 29 August 2012
Taiwan-based LED firms have been seeing improving financial results
Last update: Friday 24 August 2012
China-based solar firms such as LDK and Suntech have been facing financial and legal troubles
Last update: Friday 24 August 2012
MediaTek has revised upward its forecast for 2012 smartphone-chip shipments to 95 million units.
Last update: Wednesday 22 August 2012
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company's (TSMC) 28nm foundry capacity has been short of demand. Volume production of the process kicked off in October 2011.
Last update: Tuesday 21 August 2012
China-based LED maker Sanan has been aggressively expanding Taiwan market share using low quotes
Last update: Monday 20 August 2012
TSMC may start to sell Motech shares in 2013
Last update: Monday 13 August 2012
Under the terms of the agreement, Samsung will gain full access to CSR's mobile connectivity and location technology and transfer certain relevant patents, as well as employ over 300 CSR employees in the selected field...
Last update: Friday 27 July 2012
AUO has again reported huge losses for 2Q12. Its shift of business focuses has yet to work miracles.
Last update: Thursday 26 July 2012
Taiwan's LCD panel industry is in the doldrums, with AUO and CMI seeing their stock prices dropping below face values.
Last update: Wednesday 25 July 2012
Japan's high FIT rate has been attracting firms to invest in solar projects in the country.
Last update: Friday 20 July 2012
Europe governments have been lowering incentive and setting up barriers to protect the domestic solar industry
Last update: Thursday 12 July 2012
Taiwan-based notebook makers and vendors have announced their revenues and shipments for June
Last update: Tuesday 10 July 2012
China-based players and the government gain importance in the global LED industry
Last update: Thursday 5 July 2012
Micron Technology has confirmed it is engaged in discussions with Elpida Memory's trustees to acquire the bankrupt chipmaker. The possible merger of Micron and Elpida will help to restore a healthier supply-demand balance...
Last update: Monday 2 July 2012
Complete coverage of Computex Taipei 2012 at DIGITIMES. The show will be held from June 5-9. It is the largest show in Asia, and one of the world's leading ICT event.
Last update: Friday 22 June 2012
LED Lighting Taiwan 2012 was held in Nangang Exhibition Hall from June 19-21
Last update: Thursday 21 June 2012
Microsoft has announced new Surface tablet PCs featuring its Windows 8 Pro and Windows RT, aiming to compete against Apple's iPad
Last update: Tuesday 19 June 2012
Japan, India, and Poland may become the next big solar markets in the world
Last update: Monday 18 June 2012
Acer has been aggressively improving its opeartion and is focusing to expand its share in China's PC market
Last update: Friday 15 June 2012
AMD has recently announced to establish a new foundation with cooperation from ARM
Last update: Thursday 14 June 2012
- Quanmax opens up 'Blue Ocean' infotainment opportunities with OPS compliant display
- TUV NORD launches SECURITY 4 SAFETY service to build Industry 4.0 foundation for customers
- ABB wins $100 million order to upgrade historic HVDC link in the U.S.
- Supermicro introduces latest SUPERO desktop and gaming solutions at CES 2017
- Wanshih Electronic will exhibit USB3.1 cable assemblies with type C in 2017 Consumer Technology Association (CES)
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
23-Jan-2017 markets closed
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$4.7 billion in the biggest-ever...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...