Taipei, Sunday, January 22, 2017 07:39 (GMT+8)
mostly cloudy
Taipei
15°C

SerComm to offer AI-integrated devices in mid-2017

WIRELESS NETWORKING | Jan 20, 11:08

Networking/communication device maker SerComm has been conducting R&D for AI technology for five years and will begin commercialization through offering...

Digitimes Research: ASEAN 3G/4G mobile broadband penetration to rise to 60% in 2017

TELECOM SERVICE, INFRASTRUCTURE | Jan 20, 15:24

3G/4G mobile broadband Internet-access subscribers accounted for 46% of all mobile communication subscribers in the ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian...

Cable TV in Taiwan to be fully digitized at end of 2017, says NCC

TELECOM SERVICE, INFRASTRUCTURE | Jan 19, 21:46

96% of cable TV networks in Taiwan have been digitized and the remaining 4% is expected to be completed at the end of 2017, according to the National Communications...

asus

Asustek's smartphone shipments were disappointing in 2016

Asustek to launch next generation ZenFone 4 smartphones in May, say sources

MOBILE DEVICES | Jan 20, 10:52

Asustek Computer plans to launch its next-generation ZenFone 4-series smartphones in May and aims to ship over 20 million smartphone in 2017, according to sources from Taiwan's handset supply chain.

Taiwan server shipment forecast and industry analysis, 2016
Display panels for wearable devices
Analysis of China revised domestic semiconductor industry goals
  • Asustek phones

    Asustek's smartphone shipments may have been disappointing in 2016, but the vendor is seeking a rebound in 2017.

  • HTC updates

    HTC's latest development

  • TD-LTE

    TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks

  • WiMAX

    A portal for information about Taiwan's WiMAX industry.

  • Wireless broadband developments in Southeast Asia markets

    As of 2013, the 10 ASEAN nations had a total of over 700 million mobile subscriptions, with the CAGR from 2003-2013 reaching 24%. This Digitimes Research Special Report analyzes the various mobile broadband markets in ASEAN and looks at the respective trends in 4G LTE development for those markets.

  • 2015 global tablet demand forecast

    This Digitimes Research Special Report provides a 2015 forecast for the global tablet market and analyzes the strategies of key market players such as Google, Apple, Intel, and Microsoft.

  • 2015 China smartphone panel trend forecast

    This Digitimes Research Special Report analyzes the strategies of key China-based major panel makers BOE, Tianma and IVO for attacking the different market segments through technology and pricing, and their relationship to local vendors Huawei, Lenovo, ZTE, Xiaomi and Coolpad.