Lite-On IT to start production of LED light bulbs in 3Q13
LED | 2h 33min ago
Pegatron expects 10% growth in 2Q13 shipments
IT + CE | 2h 35min ago
Windows RT facing pressure from being isolated
IT + CE | 2h 40min ago
Winbond looks to rising SDRAM prices in 2H13
Bits + chips | 3h 2min ago
Winbond, Macronix shipping NOR flash chips for Xbox One and PS4
Bits + chips | 3h 3min ago
Large-size panel shipments grow 4% in May, says WitsView
Displays | 4h ago
LED business revenues to exceed NT$20 billion in 2013, says Lite-On Group chairman
LED | 4h 10min ago
Blue filter glass in short supply due to white-box smartphone demand
Displays | 4h 16min ago
GSEO sees profits in 2012
Before Going to Press | 2h 56min ago
Acer positions Gateway and Packard Bell as mid-range/entry-level brands
Before Going to Press | 3h 14min ago
IC distributor WPG to see quarterly revenues exceed NT$100 billion in 2Q13
Before Going to Press | 4h 18min ago
Formosa Epitaxy may see 3Q13 revenues grow 20-30% sequentially, says company chairman
Before Going to Press | 4h 44min ago
Innolux expects slowdown in TV panel shipments
Before Going to Press | 5h 41min ago
HTC to continue supplying HTC Butterfly after launch of HTC Butterfly S
Before Going to Press | 5h 49min ago
Jun 18, 21:55
Prices of chipset solutions for smartphones and tablets are expected to decline 10-20% sequentially in the second half of 2013 due to competition between MediaTek and Qualcomm, according to industry sources.
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
19-Jun-2013 markets closed
- Lose the switch, lose the loss: Cavendish Kinetics leverages MEMS for tunable RF components
- Strong reaction from China, EU members over solar trade row
- Commentary: Price competition over 7-inch tablets erodes profits
- Taiwan FTC investigates Samsung over false advertising allegations
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
A portal for information about Taiwan's WiMAX industry.
HTC has launched its new flagship smartphone in hopes to regain market share
China-based Huawei Technologies has reported handsome profits for 2012.
China-based vendors have been aggressive in rolling out new smartphones.
Cavendish Kinetics recently announced the availability of production samples of its tunable RF capacitors...
Eight years ago, the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) defined the first carrier class networks and services...
Just before Computex 2013, Digitimes spoke with Jeff Baer, marketing director for Embedded Wireless,...
Jason LS Chen is a vice president in the Sales and Marketing Group at Intel and is responsible for...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...