China TV vendors expected to drop pricing by 10% for new Ultra HD TVs released in 2014
Displays | 12h 45min ago
VIS reportedly to acquire an 8-inch fab from Nanya Technology
Bits + chips | Mar 11, 21:53
ASE may land more packaging orders for Apple A8 CPUs
Bits + chips | Mar 11, 21:40
Acer, Asustek increase tablet orders to China ODMs, say Taiwan makers
IT + CE | Mar 11, 20:30
Notebook component suppliers expect to see only slight growth in March
Displays | Mar 11, 20:27
ASRock showcasing servers at CeBIT 2014
Before Going to Press | Mar 11, 20:55
Genesis Photonics, Formosa Epitaxy see sequential drops in February revenues
Before Going to Press | Mar 11, 20:17
Delta Electronics to deal out cash dividend per share of NT$5.80 for 2103
Before Going to Press | Mar 11, 20:04
Australia may start anti-dumping, anti-subsidy investigation against China-made PV modules
Before Going to Press | Mar 11, 19:54
China handset lens module maker Sunny Optical acquires Konica Minolta Shanghai factory
Before Going to Press | Mar 11, 19:51
Quanta Computer to undertake OEM production of large-size iPad, say Taiwan makers
Before Going to Press | Mar 11, 19:48
Mar 10, 11:31
Microsoft has successfully lured a number of China- and India-based handset vendors to join the Windows Phone (WP) camp, which may help ramp up the ratio of the WP8 phones in the global smartphone market, according to industry sources.
- eASPNet joins Alcatel-Lucent ng Connect Program as strategic partner
- Taiwan International Smart Green City Summit commences November 1, 2013
- Digitimes Research: Notebook brands and ODMs ramp up shipments in August
- Digitimes Research: Application processor market evolving with profound changes
- Silicon Image introduces new Ultragig 6400-based Gamechanger accessory reference designs for mobile devices
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
12-Mar-2014 09:48 (GMT+8)
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone vendors rely on international brands for overseas expansion
- Is a US$25 smartphone possible?
- Digitimes Research: Apple triggers 64-bit AP battle
- Digitimes Research: MediaTek hikes turn-key value by virtue of Hotknot
- Digitimes Research: Xiaomi to see strong competition at home, unlikely to achieve 2014 shipment target
TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks
A portal for information about Taiwan's WiMAX industry.
China-based smartphone vendors have seen their global presence expand.
The struggling BlackBerry has announced a major workforce cut and a plan to sell the company.
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
While Mozilla has offered Firefox OS for less than two years, the operating system based on HTML5 and...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...