Unitech to ramp up capacity for any-layer HDI and flex-rigid boards
Bits + chips | Apr 16, 21:46
FIC ruggedized tablet subsidiary receives procurement orders from Brazil
IT + CE | Apr 16, 21:24
China market: Local smartphone vendors accelerating LTE launches
Mobile + telecom | Apr 16, 21:13
Taiwan market: Epson launches CISS printers
IT + CE | Apr 16, 21:10
O-Film expected to produce for 35% of handset touch panels in 2014
Displays | Apr 16, 20:20
Taiwan solar cell makers see surging orders from China
Green energy | Apr 16, 20:17
Digitimes Research: In-house no longer useful for Qualcomm
Before Going to Press | Apr 16, 20:58
China white-box tablet vendors gaining foothold
Before Going to Press | Apr 16, 19:58
Apr 16, 14:48
The Samsung Galaxy S5 with 32GB of NAND flash memory carries a BOM of US$251.52, according to IHS. The cost rises to US$256.52 when the US$5 manufacturing cost is added.
- u-blox launches TOBY-L2, the fastest 4G LTE modules with 3G, 2G fallback in the world
- eASPNet joins Alcatel-Lucent ng Connect Program as strategic partner
- Taiwan International Smart Green City Summit commences November 1, 2013
- Digitimes Research: Notebook brands and ODMs ramp up shipments in August
- Digitimes Research: Application processor market evolving with profound changes
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
17-Apr-2014 10:46 (GMT+8)
- Digitimes Research: Over 50% white-box tablets to come with phone functions in 2H14; MediaTek to benefit most
- Digitimes Research: 3-mode smartphones to dominate China entry-level market
- Digitimes Research: MediaTek to continue eating into Spreadtrum market share
- Digitimes Research: Google shifts focus to large-size tablet competition
- Digitimes Research: Insufficient panel supplies to limit 2K-resolution smartphone penetration in 2014
More and more players have made inroads into the MEMS microphone industry to cash in on the rising...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...