Taipei, Thursday, October 23, 2014 21:23 (GMT+8)
mostly cloudy
Taipei
23°C
Samsung reaches deal to acquire part of CSR
  • Under the terms of the agreement, Samsung will gain full access to CSR's mobile connectivity and location technology and transfer certain relevant patents, as well as employ over 300 CSR employees in the selected field for the cash consideration of US$310 million. In addition, Samsung will receive perpetual rights to CSR's IP related to connectivity and location technology such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS reinforcing Samsung's leadership in mobile component solutions.

    Last update: Friday 27 July 2012 [4 news items]

Samsung regains smartphone leadership, IHS says

Jul 27, 14:07

Six months after losing the top position in the smartphone market to Apple, Samsung Electronics in the second quarter regained leadership as its sales rose 5% to 36 million units,...

Samsung-CSR deal poses threat to Broadcom, says IMS Research

Jul 26, 01:05

Samsung's acquisition of part of CSR has established it as a new player in the connectivity market, specifically in the key battleground of the smartphone. Whilst Broadcom has been...

CSR to sell mobile technology to Samsung for US$310 million

Jul 18, 11:14

CSR announced on July 17 that it has entered into a conditional binding agreement with Samsung Electronics for the transfer of CSR's development operations in handset connectivity...

Digitimes Research: Embedded and standalone integration in NFC IC development

May 16, 14:04

NXP led the 2011 market for near-field communication (NFC) phone chips with a 52% share, followed by Inside Secure with 44%. The pair took a combined 96% share of the market, leaving...

Categories: Bits + chips
Realtime news
  • Taiflex Scientific, ThinFlex net NT$3.42, NT$1.85 EPS for January-September

    Before Going to Press | 8min ago

  • Digitimes Research: Global LED supply in 2015 may be tight

    Before Going to Press | 54min ago

  • Taiwan market: HTC maintains largest market share by sales volume in September

    Before Going to Press | 56min ago

  • Taiwan September manufacturing production index down on month, up on year, says MOEA

    Before Going to Press | 1h 2min ago

  • Supply chains still experiencing pressure to reduce panel pricing

    Before Going to Press | 1h 14min ago

  • Foxconn will not acquire TPK, says company

    Before Going to Press | 1h 18min ago

  • Taiwan makers still eyeing sales of Ultra HD TV panels, high-end IT displays

    Before Going to Press | 1h 37min ago

  • Himax Technologies sees booming orders for LCoS solutions

    Before Going to Press | 1h 52min ago

  • Innolux announces acquisition of assets from Hoya Microelectronics

    Before Going to Press | 1h 53min ago

  • Taiwan IC designers expect drops in 3Q14 gross margins

    Before Going to Press | 2h ago

  • Taiwan makers 3-5 years ahead of China in LTPS technology, says AUO

    Before Going to Press | 2h 4min ago

  • Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers developing more technology for second-wave 802.11ac devices

    Before Going to Press | 2h 7min ago

  • Digitimes Research: OLED TV pricing to remain double Ultra HD TV pricing through 2016

    Before Going to Press | 2h 13min ago

  • Sony to launch 12-inch tablet in 1Q15, say Taiwan makers

    Before Going to Press | 2h 16min ago

  • Laibao reaches 80% yields on 5G line; OGS shipments reach 600,000 a month

    Before Going to Press | 2h 17min ago

  • Taiwan makers in China less interested in additional investment, says TEEMA

    Before Going to Press | 2h 23min ago

  • Intel Global Summit 2014 to focus on IoT, smart wearable devices, say Taiwan makers

    Before Going to Press | 2h 31min ago

Pause
 | 
View more
ADVANTEST CORPORATION
DIGITIMES Research Tracker Services

23-Oct-2014 markets closed

 LastChange

TAIEX (TSE)8748.83+94.19+1.09% 

TSE electronic344.29+4.28+1.26% 

GTSM (OTC)128.82+0.62+0.48% 

OTC electronic163.91+1.05+0.64% 

DIGITIMES Translation Services
  • 2014 global high brightness LED market, trends and shipment forecast

    For the global LED lighting market, the market size will reach US$25.82 billion in 2014 or a market penetration rate of 23.4%. This is attributable to exponential shipment growth for light bulbs, tubes, and directional lamps.

  • Greater China touch panel shipment forecast through 2015

    This Special Report provides forecasts through 2015 for Greater China touch panel shipments with breakdowns based on technology (glass, film, resistive), application (smartphone, NB and tablet) and by firm.

  • 2014 global tablet demand forecast

    This report analyzes the main players, their strategies and shipments forecasts for 2014, as well as other factors contributing to either growth or decline in various segments within the tablet market, with a particular focus on Apple, Google, Samsung, and Microsoft, along with whitebox vendors.