ACX sees earnings up over 60% sequentially in 1Q13
Bits + chips | 9h 33min ago
Ilitek to post revenues of over NT$900 million in May
Bits + chips | 9h 47min ago
Sharp to produce 3 types of IGZO LCD panels for notebooks
Displays | 9h 59min ago
3M announces new development of quantum dot enhancement film
Displays | 10h 45min ago
NLT demonstrates latest display technologies, including projective capacitive touch panel technology
Displays | 11h 11min ago
AGC to release new self-adhesive glass for optical bonding used in electronic products
Displays | 11h 23min ago
eMagin enters electronic viewfinder market with OLED microdisplay
Displays | 11h 27min ago
New Vision Display exhibits PMVA color display based on Corning Willow Glass
Displays | 11h 28min ago
Lextar expected to see 2Q13 gross margin rise to 13-14%
LED | 11h 31min ago
Samsung to launch complete line up of notebooks in 2H13
IT + CE | 12h 13min ago
Taiwan panel industry output value worth US$7.86 billion in 1Q13, says IEK
Displays | May 21, 18:13
Sharp announces new Ultra HD TVs
Before Going to Press | 9h 59min ago
Nanjing Z-Com developing 4G small cells for China market
Before Going to Press | 10h 7min ago
Shipment proportions of 8- and 10-megapixel lens modules on the rise, say Taiwan makers
Before Going to Press | 10h 28min ago
Telecom operators in China expected to stop placing orders for 3.5-inch smartphones by July 2013
Before Going to Press | 10h 38min ago
Taiwan connector makers worried about competition from China-based makers
Before Going to Press | 10h 49min ago
Taiwan FPCB makers to face renewed competition from rivals in Japan
Before Going to Press | 10h 50min ago
China-based ARM-architecture IC designers to attend 2013 Computex Taipei
Before Going to Press | 10h 51min ago
Taiwan market: Sony to launch Xperia Tablet Z
Before Going to Press | 11h 23min ago
Monitor panel pricing expected to remain stable in May
Before Going to Press | 12h 26min ago
CSOT successfully produces 32-inch Oxide TFT LCD module
Before Going to Press | 12h 26min ago
Windows 8 expected to take up 5-8% of global tablet shipments in 2013, say Taiwan makers
Before Going to Press | May 21, 18:04
May 21, 15:54
A slowdown in notebook and desktop PC purchases coupled with strong growth in smartphones and tablets knocked AMD down to fourth place in microprocessor (MPU) sales in 2012 from second, where AMD had been perched behind Intel since the 1990s, according to IC Insights.
- Enriching multiple MEMS applications for mobile devices
- Dialog Semiconductor expands into ultrabooks and all-in-one PCs with a new generation of multi-touch display sensor ICs
- Altera Cyclone V GT FPGA is industry first low-power FPGA to achieve compliance for PCIe Gen2 at 5 Gbps
- Digi-Key adds Califia Lighting to line card of more than 650 global suppliers
- A Changing Landscape - Chilisin on the Rise
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
21-May-2013 markets closed
- Coto Technology claims industry's smallest MEMS reed switch
- Silicon Labs introduces single-chip digital radio receivers for CE devices
- Memory makers see better profits as chip pricing improves
- Globalfoundries quietly becoming a threat to competitors
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
Samsung Electronics reportedly is looking to expand the purchase of memory products, including mobile DRAM chips and eMMC NAND devices, from outside.
Micron Technology and Elpida Memory's trustees have reached an agreement for Micron to acquire Elpida. Micron also announced a separate agreement with...
Taiwan-based DRAM chipmakers including Powerchip Technology and ProMOS Technologies are considering selling fabs in order to preserve cash and strengthen...
Specializing in the manufacture of memory chips and LCD panels, Samsung's component operations are undergoing a focus shift to advanced process design...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
Spansion recently announced a joint development with United Microelectronics (UMC) to integrate its...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...