Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily updates on shipments, supplier contracts and financial data on the more...
Last update: Tuesday 7 July 2015
HTC has launched its flagship smartphone M8
Last update: Tuesday 7 July 2015
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
Last update: Thursday 2 July 2015
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens and other innovations. In order to boost consumer value in the LCD TV market, 4K enhanced-color LCD TVs using QD technology...
Last update: Thursday 25 June 2015
Latest developments of Lextar.
Last update: Wednesday 17 June 2015
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics technologies and development trends from the optoelectronics industries...
Last update: Tuesday 16 June 2015
The Computex show will host from June 2-6 and will focus on three major topics: IoT, mobile applications and cloud computing technology.
Last update: Friday 5 June 2015
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players to show heightened interest in the new platform. DIGITIMES provides...
Last update: Friday 15 May 2015
A portal for information about Taiwan's WiMAX industry.
Last update: Wednesday 13 May 2015
Historical shipment data of Taiwan's first-tier IT manufacturers.
Last update: Sunday 10 May 2015
4K TVs continue to grow strong in the market and are expected to more than double in 2015. Panel makers and TV vendors alike are eying opportunities in this market despite lagging content in the market. Will new product...
Last update: Thursday 30 April 2015
TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks
Last update: Thursday 23 April 2015
Taiwan IT players have been aggressively establishing platform to help start-up companies to enter into the IT market.
Last update: Thursday 9 April 2015
Apple reportedly is planning to release its new iPhone 6S and 6C in the second half.
Last update: Thursday 26 March 2015
Apple has announced to release its Apple Watch and new 12-inch ultra-thin MacBook in April 2015 and has upgraded its MacBook Pro and Air products.
Last update: Tuesday 10 March 2015
Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2015, hosted from March 2-5 in Barcelona, Spain gathered mobile device vendors worldwide to showcase their latest mobile innovations.
Last update: Friday 6 March 2015
Windows 10 and Intel's Skylake processors are expected to have limited affect on boosting consumer demand for PC in the second half of 2015
Last update: Friday 23 January 2015
Vendors are showing their latest products at CES 2015, including Ultra HD TVs and connected devices.
Last update: Friday 23 January 2015
The China government has recently started evaluating tax cuts and subsidies that its province governments are providing to enterprises and is expected to affect Taiwan’s notebook supply chain, which had been shifting...
Last update: Tuesday 23 December 2014
Several wearable device vendors have started developing products for children for anti-lost and playing purposes.
Last update: Tuesday 18 November 2014
IT players have started preparing for the year-end holdiays and the IT industry also sees new business opportunities in China's Singles day promotions.
Last update: Thursday 13 November 2014
Apple has been pushing iPhone 6 Plus manufacturing in order to satisfy strong demand from the Asia Pacific region.
Last update: Thursday 23 October 2014
Apple has released its new iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3 and new iMac on October 17, 2014
Last update: Friday 17 October 2014
Hewlett-Packard (HP) has split into two companies: HP Inc. and HP Enterprises, looking to improve its operation efficiency
Last update: Thursday 9 October 2014
Semicon Taiwan 2014 will kick off in Taipei from September 3-5, with this year's theme focusing on advanced wafer processes, next-generation memory technologies, 3D ICs and SiP packaging technology.
Last update: Tuesday 23 September 2014
Intel has been aggressively trying to form partnerships with China-based application processor designers.
Last update: Monday 22 September 2014
IFA 2014 will be hosted from September 5-10 in Berlin, Germany.
Last update: Wednesday 17 September 2014
Foxconn's plants in Shenzhen, China were said to have caused employees to develop leukaemia, but Foxconn has refuted the saying.
Last update: Tuesday 16 September 2014
Apple has announced its new iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Apple Watch on September 9
Last update: Wednesday 10 September 2014
Touch Taiwan 2014 to be held in Taipei from August 27-29.
Last update: Monday 1 September 2014
Digitimes president Colley Hwang recently visited India, where he met with key players in the country's handset ecosystem as well as relevant government officials guiding the domestic technology industry. Upon his return...
Last update: Wednesday 27 August 2014
Computex 2014 will be hosted from June 3-7 at the Taipei World Trade Center in Taiwan.
Last update: Tuesday 15 July 2014
Notebook ODMs have announced their shipments in June
Last update: Friday 11 July 2014
Google has hosted Google I/O developer conference to unveil serveral new innovations
Last update: Friday 27 June 2014
Amazon unveiled its own-brand smartphone, the Fire, featuring several unique funtions such as Firefly and head motion dection for 3D display
Last update: Thursday 19 June 2014
- Omnichannel retail delivery solution from Unisys enables Taiwanese banks to offer consistent, personalised service across all banking channels
- Indium Corporation features ultra-low residue no-clean Flip-Chip Flux at SEMICON Taiwan
- Indium Corporation's patented BiAgX: A drop-in replacement for high-Pb solders
- Echoing Government's Productivity 4.0, IoT Automation Boosts Taiwan's Competitiveness
- ASUS selects Pixelworks' Iris mobile display processor and True Clarity enhancements for ZenPad tablet
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
7-Jul-2015 markets closed
- Digitimes Research: Intel processor shipments rely on Windows tablets for growth
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments see weaker-than-expected growth in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel 28nm SoFIA 4G AP delayed to early 2016; may face overlap issue with 14nm version
- Digitimes Research: White-box players pushing 10.1-inch Windows tablets
- Zoom Storage looking to become media library for mobile device users
- AMD unveils sixth-generation A-series APUs for mobile products
- Computex 2015: Startup company Endless pushing PC for developing countries
- Computex 2015: Nvidia unveils GTX 980 Ti and G-Sync technology
- Computex 2015: BioLogic SportCase wins Design and Innovation Award
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
Although the company has not been operating in the gaming notebook industry for long, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...