High-concentration solar PV systems to reach greater efficiencies, boosting appeal against conventional solutions, says IHS
Green energy | 16min ago
IT + CE | Mar 10, 12:19
Several international PC brand vendors' moves to set up or expand R&D operations in Taiwan are expected to trigger a brain drain for Taiwan-based brand...
IT + CE - Stockwatch | Mar 10, 10:52
Digital camera ODM Asia Optical has paid US$33.852 million in compensation to Eastman Kodak for infringing on Kodak patents with the production of digital...
Green energy | Mar 10, 10:50
Germany-based PV module maker Aleo Solar AG is as competitive as China-based makers in terms of production cost in the Europe, Japan and US markets, MK Lu,...
Mobile + telecom | Mar 10, 11:31
Microsoft has successfully lured a number of China- and India-based handset vendors to join the Windows Phone (WP) camp, which may help ramp up the ratio of the WP8 phones in the global smartphone market, according to industry sources.
MEA tablet market sees explosive growth on back of strong consumer and corporate demand, says IDC
Mar 10, 13:53
Synnex Technology February revenues down on month, up on year
Mar 10, 10:49
HP, Dell in talks with server makers about cooperation
Mar 7, 15:46
Digitimes Research: Google to get the brunt of dual OS tablets while Microsoft to benefit the most
Mar 7, 15:26
Pegatron lands orders for over 1 million consumer notebooks from HP
Mar 7, 14:48
Tablet growth to slow as purchases in mature markets begin to level off, says IDC
Mar 7, 11:23
Simplo, Dynapack February revenues down on month
Stockwatch | Mar 7, 11:13
Lite-On Technology February revenues down on month, up on year
Mar 7, 10:44
Taiwan market: Leica launches D-Lux 6 Edition 100 digital camera
Mar 7, 10:41
Digitimes Research: Notebook players see on-month shipment drop in February
Mar 6, 16:15
Digitimes Research: MWC 2014 shows new tablet trends
Mar 6, 15:22
Taiwan ODMs seek server talent from brand vendors
Mar 6, 13:37
Catcher Technology February revenues down sequentially
Mar 6, 13:33
Largan February revenues down 34% sequentially
Mar 6, 11:16
Flytech extends to telematics
Mar 6, 11:08
HDD makers pushing enterprise products for growth
Mar 5, 22:04
- Server, a new gold mine for Taiwan ODMs
The server business has become a major revenue contributor for Taiwan ODMs as larger Internet players...
- Taiwan component suppliers losing their love from notebook brand vendors
As China component suppliers are growing quickly and offering quotes a lot lower than their Taiwan...
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
Foxconn to land 90 million iPhone 6 orders, says paper
Newswatch | Mar 6, 15:14
iPhone 5c inventories estimated at over 3 million units, says upstream supply chain
Mar 5, 22:00
Global LTE subscriptions to exceed 2 billion in 2019, driven by LTE-Advanced, says ABI Research
Mar 5, 16:00
China January mobile phone user base growing to 1.235 billion, says MIIT
Mar 5, 15:58
Taiwan February export value down on month, up on year, says MOF
Mar 10, 10:45
ASE reports decreased revenues for February
Mar 7, 15:28
KYEC February sales up 7%
Mar 7, 15:01
FPCB supplier Flexium February revenues dip 45% on month
Newswatch | Mar 7, 14:45
NAND flash oversupply to persist through 3Q14, says DRAMeXchange
Mar 7, 13:53
MediaTek revenues hit all time high in February
Newswatch | Mar 7, 13:48
Yageo, Holy Stone report decreased sequential sales for February
Mar 7, 12:37
PC-related IC suppliers see demand pick up
Mar 7, 12:08
Cleanroom constructor UIS eyeing orders from China panel sector
Mar 7, 11:27
10 IC product segments to exceed total IC market growth in 2014, says IC Insights
Mar 7, 10:49
SPIL February sales rise 31%
Mar 6, 21:56
Winbond February sales rise 17%
Mar 6, 21:54
Realtek February revenues up over 20% on year
Newswatch | Mar 6, 16:03
Inotera, Nanya February sales down on-month
Mar 6, 15:27
OSE denies rumor of acquisition by memory module maker
Stockwatch | Mar 6, 15:25
Fab equipment spending to rise 20-30% in 2014, says SEMI
Mar 6, 14:39
Taiflex, ThinFlex February sales fall over 20%
Mar 5, 22:05
PTI expands customer base in logic IC field
Mar 5, 21:55
Co-Tech to step into production of copper oxide
Mar 5, 21:51
Dongbu HiTek confirms volume production of Foveon 39-megapixel image sensors
Mar 5, 16:02
Taiwan February CPI down on month, year, says DGBAS
Mar 5, 15:38
- ASE accused of discharging wastewater into rivers
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, the world's largest IC packaging house, has been fined NT$600,000...
- Fire at SK Hynix China fab
A fire at SK Hynix' plant in China has pushed up DRAM prices.
- TSMC warns of weaker sales in 4Q13
The IC supply chain continues to manage inventories in the fourth quarter of 2013, while demand for...
- SEMICON Taiwan 2013
SEMICON Taiwan 2013 will takes palce from September 4-6. It will feature more than 650 exhibitors,...
- Micron after Elpida purchase
Micron Technology, which completed its acquisition of Elpida on July 31, said the company will put...
- Samsung reportedly to outsource more chips
Samsung Electronics reportedly is looking to expand the purchase of memory products, including mobile...
Innolux reports declined performance in February
Mar 7, 15:18
AUO reports on-month decline in February revenues
Mar 7, 14:59
CPT reports 31.7% on-year revenue increase in February
Mar 7, 11:18
Corning to transfer Gorilla Glass production to Korea
Mar 7, 10:45
Asustek expected increase orders for smartphone components in March
Mar 6, 21:53
Radiant expects to see decreased results in 1Q14
Mar 6, 15:41
TPK reports declined revenues in February
Mar 6, 15:06
Ultra HD TV penetration rate in China expected to reach 20% in 2014
Mar 5, 22:02
US ITC names 5 Taiwan solar cell makers as candidate respondents in anti-dumping probe, sources say
Mar 7, 15:56
Home energy management systems will reach US$2.8 billion in annual revenues by 2020, says firm
Mar 7, 12:02
Neo Solar, Gintech, GET see sequential drops in February revenues
Mar 7, 11:13
Energy efficient buildings technology and services in Asia Pacific to reach US$92 billion in annual values by 2022, says firm
Mar 6, 15:50
SAS February revenues increase
Mar 6, 11:24
Japan PV vendors shifting outsourced production from Taiwan solar cell makers to China PV module makers
Mar 5, 20:58
- MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING - built to be perfect
- Tatung aggressively expanding in Middle East: Smart energy-saving solutions showcased at Middle East Electricity 2014
- Fortrend Liquid Diamond layer provides anti-germ capability 4 times that of untreated glass
- W Hotel chooses EverFocus as a preferred Security System Provider
- Nimax 2014 new vision: customization and intelligentization
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Digitimes Research: Cortex-A17 to take over ARM high-end/mid-range 32-bit business
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Is a US$25 smartphone possible?
- Digitimes Research: Apple triggers 64-bit AP battle
- Digitimes Research: MediaTek hikes turn-key value by virtue of Hotknot
- Intel unveils latest Education Tablet and Classmate PC
- AMD offers new 12- and 16-core additions to Opteron 6300 series
- CES 2014: Samsung unveils 12-inch tablet lineups
- CES 2014: HP unveils new 27-inch all-in-one workstation and new Android-based all-in-one PC
- CES 2014: LG unveils new wearable innovations
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...