Bits + chips | Jul 28, 09:49
Taiwan-based DRAM makers Nanya Technology and Inotera Memories have both reached deals with Micron Technology of the US, which will have Inotera become a...
Bits + chips | Jul 27, 21:34
United Microelectronics (UMC) expects to post 2-3% sequential growth in wafer shipments for the third quarter of 2016, with wafer ASPs staying flat.
Displays | Jul 27, 21:26
Taiwan-based makers shipped 8.448 million LCD TVs in the second quarter of 2016, increasing 14.9% on quarter and 6.1% on year, according to Digitimes Resea...
Displays | Jul 28, 10:01
TFT-LCD panel maker AU Optronics (AUO) will begin production at its 6G LTPS panel plant in Kunshan, eastern China, in fourth-quarter 2016, said company president and COO Michael Tsai at a July 27 investors conference.
Pegatron automates factory in Shanghai, says chairman
Jul 27, 21:31
Connector maker Sinbon reports earnings for 2Q16
Newswatch | Jul 27, 21:26
E-sports expected to push demand for gaming notebooks, desktops in 2H16
Jul 27, 15:52
Hangzhou factories concerned about impact of air pollution controls during G20 Summit
Jul 27, 15:50
Digitimes Research: Launch of Android-based Pepper to ramp up market size
Jul 27, 15:15
Foxlink developing service-oriented robot products
Jul 27, 15:08
Young Optics suffers 1H16 net loss per share of NT$1.26
Jul 27, 14:44
Notebook players less keen to adopt USB Type C
Jul 27, 11:44
Taiwan to be flexible in allocating frequency band for IoT, says minister
Jul 27, 11:29
Chip orders for notebooks from Huawei and Xiaomi falling, say sources
Jul 27, 11:08
POS device supplier Posiflex reports strong earnings for 1H16
Newswatch | Jul 26, 15:15
AMD introduces new professional graphics
Jul 26, 14:17
Component makers to see weak orders for tablets and wearables
Jul 26, 12:25
Ritek steps into bio-testing optical discs
Jul 26, 12:02
HTC to face increasing competition in VR market in 2H16
Jul 26, 11:05
Pepper enters Taiwan service market
Jul 26, 11:03
Rebound in notebooks in Western Europe boosted PC shipments in EMEA in 2Q16, says IDC
Jul 25, 16:07
Adlink-invested measurement product firm JYTek to push into China, says paper
Newswatch | Jul 25, 15:55
Pegatron sees weak 2Q16; expected to have strong 3Q16, says paper
Newswatch | Jul 25, 15:37
Oculus tying up with Asustek to promote Rift, says paper
Newswatch | Jul 25, 10:33
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
- Virtual reality on the rise
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google...
- HTC Vive
HTC is banking on its VR device to revive its business
- Brexit after-effect
With the UK deciding to leave EU, many effects are expected to impact the UK market.
Samsung 2Q16 operating profits rise 18% on brisk smartphone sales
Jul 28, 15:11
BlackBerry launches new Android smartphone
Newswatch | Jul 27, 21:33
Digitimes Research: Over 4,000 models of LTE-enabled devices launched as of February 2016
Jul 27, 21:24
Samsung likely to unveil Galaxy Note 7 on August 2
Jul 27, 11:39
Digitimes Research: Taiwan smartphone ODM/OEM shipments drop in 2Q16
Jul 25, 20:29
Digitimes Research: MWC Shanghai focuses on smart services
Jul 25, 15:20
Vendors to launch smartphones supporting biometrics recognition
Jul 25, 12:27
China market: Oppo raises 2016 smartphone shipment target to 100 million units, says paper
Newswatch | Jul 25, 10:36
SJSemi, Qualcomm announce mass production of 14nm wafer bumping
Jul 28, 15:40
Nuvoton reports NT$1.25 EPS for 2Q16
Jul 28, 09:47
Analog Devices, Linear to merge
Jul 27, 21:35
SPIL reports NT$0.90 EPS for 2Q16
Jul 27, 21:32
Nanya 2Q16 profits fall
Jul 27, 21:28
Passive component maker Prosperity Dielectrics reports increased earnings for 1H16
Newswatch | Jul 27, 15:46
PTI posts profit growth in 2Q16
Jul 26, 21:58
Realtek 2Q16 profits soar over 70%
Jul 26, 20:36
Intel Dalian fab put into operation, says report
Jul 26, 14:34
SK Hynix profits fall
Jul 26, 13:48
Raydium reports NT$2.69 EPS for 1H16
Jul 26, 10:44
Win Semi looks to low single-digit revenue growth in 3Q16
Stockwatch | Jul 26, 10:43
Kinsus nets NT$1.35 per share for 2Q16
Jul 26, 10:41
Holtek 2Q16 profits rise 20% sequentially
Jul 26, 10:39
Silicon Motion raises 2016 revenue outlook
Jul 25, 10:34
- Japan earthquake
Earthquakes in Japan often cause huge damage. They have had strong impacts on the country's electronics...
- China: Big plans for homegrown chips
A CNY120 billion (US$19 billion) national industry investment fund has been set up to help local foundries...
- ASE seeking to take up major stake in SPIL
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) is seeking to acquire an up to 25% stake in fellow packaging...
- MediaTek steps up expansion with new acquisitions
After acquiring MStar Semiconductor, MediaTek has announced more acquisitions.
Corning posts stronger results for 2Q16
Jul 28, 16:19
Coretronic nets NT$1.13 per share for 1H16
Jul 28, 11:17
AimCore 2Q16 operations may turn profitable
Jul 27, 14:54
AUO reports operating profit for 2Q16
Jul 27, 14:46
OLED to become leading smartphone display technology in 2020, IHS says
Jul 27, 11:04
Digitimes Research: Taiwan ships over 269 million small- to medium-size panels in 2Q16
Jul 26, 20:35
Panel cutting service provider Nanoplus to debut on Taiwan emerging stock market, says paper
Newswatch | Jul 25, 20:29
- Quantum Dot TV technology breaking into the market
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens...
- Ultra HD
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
MLS upbeat about synergy with Osram
Jul 28, 10:10
Osram to sell lamp business unit to China-based consortium
Jul 27, 15:45
- EuroBLECH 2016 reflects trend towards smart manufacturing in sheet metal working
- Advantest rated as Advanced Masks Technology Center GmbH & Co. KG's (AMTC) best supplier 2015 for the second year in a row
- CAYIN to rollout system software upgrade and new product line
- Advantest introduces V93000 wave scale cards for cost-effective testing of current and next-generation RF semiconductors
- Computer-on-modules deliver an ideal solution for Industry 4.0 intelligent automation
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
The launch of virtual reality headsets for the consumer market and the increasing demand for ultra...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...