Facebook assessing plans to set up data center in central Taiwan, says local government
IT + CE | 20min ago
China Mobile to combine subsidiary to expand fixed-line broadband
Before Going to Press | Dec 1, 21:27
Asustek Computer to reorganize system business group
Before Going to Press | Dec 1, 21:25
Increasing competition for gaming notebooks may lead to price wars in 2016
Before Going to Press | Dec 1, 21:24
Bits + chips | Nov 30, 23:09
The global market for application processors (AP) will rise 8.54% in 2016, according to Digitimes Research. Growth of demand for applications such as automotive...
Bits + chips | Nov 30, 22:59
TSMC has announced plans to sell its 5.1% ownership of Xintec. The 5.1% Xintec ownership is part of the 10.2% Xintec ownership TSMC obtained from its purchase...
Green energy | Dec 2, 12:00
Crystalline silicon solar cell maker Solartech Energy has reported consolidated revenues of NT$1.092 billion (US$33.4 million) for November, the highest monthly...
Bits + chips | Dec 1, 22:31
Handset chipset solution vendors, including Qualcomm, MediaTek and Spreadtrum Communications are likely to focus on promoting peripheral chips such as fast/wireless charging chips, fingerprint sensors, dual-lens modules and 3D-enabled chips in 2016 as smartphone vendors will try to increase the value-added...
Technology to project virtual reality images inside MRI systems helps reduce patient anxiety, says Toshiba
Dec 2, 13:18
Taiwan market: Logitech offers gaming peripherals for bundled sale with Ubisoft game
Dec 2, 12:07
Intel pushing new entry-level PC processors in 2Q16-3Q16
Dec 1, 15:25
Wistron lands tourism-related cloud computing service orders in Southeast Asia
Dec 1, 15:15
Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to drop less than 5% in 2016 thanks to large-size models
Dec 1, 15:01
Taiwan market: Gamania becomes 1st O2O mobile e-payment operator
Dec 1, 11:10
UK-based Consequential Robotics unveils MiRO, says TAIROA
Nov 30, 23:18
Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
Nov 30, 16:01
Upstream supply chain expects new Nintendo games console to achieve 10-12 million unit shipments in 2016
Nov 30, 15:17
ECS to ship 2.5 million education tablets
Nov 30, 12:14
Samsung to add IoT support in all products in 2020
Nov 27, 16:15
China-based Luxshare becoming threat to Taiwan connector makers, says paper
Newswatch | Nov 27, 15:26
BenQ Medical Technology expects continued growth in exports
Nov 27, 15:13
Asustek eyes 30% share in Southeast Asia notebook market in 2016, says paper
Newswatch | Nov 27, 14:55
AOpen competes for digital signage orders, says chairman
Nov 27, 14:44
Taiwan market: Acer expects strong sales for Predator gaming notebooks during IT Month
Nov 27, 11:51
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
- Notebook industry seeing late RFQ for 2016 orders
Notebook brand vendors have been postponing their RFQ processores for 2016orders, lacking development...
- Apple's new toys
Apple has released its latest innovations including the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, iPad Pro and new Apple...
Open bids for 2,500-2,600MHz bands increase to NT$26.305 billion, says NCC
Dec 2, 13:13
Taiwan 4G user base over 10 million at end of October, says NCC
Dec 1, 15:42
Asustek to begin selling smartphones in Myanmar, Cambodia, Bangladesh in 1Q16, says paper
Newswatch | Dec 1, 15:09
Open bids for 2,500-2,600MHz bands increase to NT$25.275 billion, says NCC
Nov 30, 23:13
China market: Huawei unveils Mate 8, Huawei Watch
Nov 30, 23:06
Open bids for 2,500-2,600MHz bands increase to NT$23.820 billion, says NCC
Nov 30, 14:16
The smartphone ambition: Q&A with Asustek CEO Jerry Shen
Nov 30, 12:00
Apple tells supply chains it will use OLED in upcoming iPhones, says report
Nov 27, 14:09
Foxconn invests in smartphone-rental service provider in Hong Kong, says paper
Newswatch | Nov 27, 12:40
UMC Xiamen fab to go online as early as 3Q16, says report
Dec 2, 11:44
Inotera buys equipment from Micron
Dec 2, 11:42
TSMC orders NT$6.8 billion of equipment
Stockwatch | Dec 2, 11:29
Ichia reports decreased November revenues
Stockwatch | Dec 1, 21:38
HMI 2015 EPS likely to fall 20%, says report
Stockwatch | Dec 1, 16:06
More Taiwan firms step up development for large-size touchscreen ICs
Dec 1, 15:44
MediaTek to place foundry orders with SMIC, says paper
Newswatch | Nov 30, 15:58
TSMC to dispose of more Motech shares
Nov 30, 15:29
Taiwan 4Q15 economic growth rate forecast at 0.49%, says DGBAS
Nov 30, 13:55
SSD contract prices fall for 4 straight quarters, says DRAMeXchange
Nov 30, 12:07
PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
Nov 30, 12:05
Tsinghua Unigroup seeking investment in SK Hynix, says report
Nov 27, 12:31
- China: Big plans for homegrown chips
A CNY120 billion (US$19 billion) national industry investment fund has been set up to help local foundries...
- ASE seeking to take up major stake in SPIL
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) is seeking to acquire an up to 25% stake in fellow packaging...
- MediaTek steps up expansion with new acquisitions
After acquiring MStar Semiconductor, MediaTek has announced more acquisitions.
US$1.6 billion market forecast for chemical materials used to make LCD panels in 2015, says IHS
Dec 2, 13:54
Taiwan panel makers calling on China government for component tariff reductions
Dec 1, 16:08
Samsung Display showing signs of surpassing LG Display in revenues
Dec 1, 15:39
Smartphone panel suppliers to increase LTPS capacity and turn further to Full HD market in 2016, says WitsView
Dec 1, 15:34
BenQ applying Productivity 4.0-based smart factory solutions to Qisda factory
Nov 30, 23:17
Samsung continues to decrease TV production capacity in 2015
Nov 30, 23:01
Sharp expected to move headquarters, says report
Nov 30, 16:03
Sharp to sell production equipment and patents to China and India makers to improve finances, says report
Newswatch | Nov 30, 15:47
Samsung aims to drop AMOLED pricing to within 10% of LCDs in 2016, says report
Newswatch | Nov 30, 14:27
Shipments of large-size LCD panels will drop in 2016 but total area will expand by 8%, says WitsView
Nov 30, 14:26
Sales of commercial TVs drop in China during 3Q15, says firm
Nov 27, 15:39
Digitimes Research: Korea makers to mass produce transparent OLED displays in 2016
Nov 27, 11:52
- Ultra HD
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
- Quantum Dot TV technology breaking into the market
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens...
- 4K Developments in 2015
4K TVs continue to grow strong in the market and are expected to more than double in 2015. Panel makers...
Annual fuel cell car and bus sales to exceed 228,000 by 2024, says Navigant
Dec 2, 13:51
Neo Solar Power adjusting allocation of solar cell capacities
Nov 30, 14:40
GCL-Poly Energy to reduce solar wafer supply to Taiwan cell makers
Nov 30, 12:27
Tongwei setting up 5GWp solar cell plant in western China
Nov 27, 11:14
- Edge Computing Shows IIoT Values with Instant Feedback and Response
- Sage Microeclectronics Launches BlackDisk Series 2.5" 10TB SATA SSD
- PEZY and Imagination team up to develop next-generation HPC systems
- Orbotech shares vision for future electronics manufacturing models; leverages rebranding efforts
- Indium Corporation's EZ-Pour Gallium Trichloride simplifies room temperature processes
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Perforce and Interset Deliver Industry's First Intellectual Property Threat Detection Integrated with Source Code and Content Management
- Rockchip statement on merger rumor
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
China-based Tsinghua Unigroup is currently riding high in the global semiconductor industry with a...
While the product life cycles of analog ICs are getting shorter and shorter, the technical standards...
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...