Bits + chips | May 6, 10:48
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) has recently begun to tape out the design for Apple's A11 processor built on a 10nm FinFET process, according...
Bits + chips | May 5, 21:53
IC testing company King Yuan Electronics (KYEC) has reported consolidated revenues of NT$1.6 billion (US$49.4 million) for April 2016, hitting a monthly record...
LED | May 6, 11:09
Vertically-integrated LED firm Lextar Electronics has begun to ship LED light tubes with ET8 electronic ballast and will offer LED light tubes in compliance...
Huawei Technologies was the largest China-based vendor in 1Q16
Mobile + telecom | May 5, 19:54
China-based vendors shipped 128.6 million smartphones globally in the first quarter of 2016, decreasing 20.2% on quarter but increasing 33.3% on year and accounting for 41.5% of the global total, according to Digitimes Research.
Largan Precision reports on-year drop in April revenues
Stockwatch | May 6, 16:51
ECS sees revenues decline in April
Stockwatch | May 6, 16:51
Catcher expects flat performance in 2016
May 6, 16:29
Taiwan market: Leica launches range finder digital camera
May 6, 16:12
Quanta Storage nets NT$0.33 per share for 1Q16
Stockwatch | May 6, 15:42
Shuttle to decrease capital by 30%
Stockwatch | May 6, 15:25
Hinge maker Syncmold reports decreased earnings for 1Q16
May 6, 13:52
Alibaba 1Q16 operations up on year
May 6, 11:13
Sinbon Electronics sees increased April revenues
May 5, 20:10
Acer to release more ultra-thin notebooks in September
May 5, 14:50
Gaming notebook, 2-in-1 markets to see more competition with entry of lower-tier players
May 5, 14:43
Casetek sees on-year growth in 1Q16 revenues
May 5, 14:07
Acer expands into digital signage business
May 4, 16:03
Quanta Computer denies reported layoffs
May 4, 15:32
Asustek Computer leads gaming notebook sales
May 4, 14:34
- Virtual reality on the rise
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google...
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
- HTC Vive
HTC is banking on its VR device to revive its business
Headset maker Merry sees revenues up in April
Stockwatch | May 6, 15:17
Taiwan market: Huawei launches new flagship P9 smartphone
Newswatch | May 6, 14:31
FIH Mobile issues earnings warning on weak demand
May 6, 12:01
HTC sets up new company; may spin off VR business unit
May 5, 15:59
China market: Xiaomi delays Mi Band 2 launch
May 5, 15:11
Taiwan market: Smartphone shipments to grow in 2Q16
May 5, 14:21
India market: Lenovo and Apple seeing fast growth among top-10 smartphone vendors, says Canalys
May 5, 09:56
SerComm nets NT$1.17 per share for 1Q16
May 5, 09:50
Satellite device maker MTI sees revenues up on year in April
May 4, 21:30
China market: Component orders from China white-box handset makers to decline
May 4, 15:29
D-Link operates in red in 1Q16; Alpha Networks to expand capital
May 4, 11:00
Elan Microelectronics reports decreased revenues for April
Stockwatch | May 6, 16:51
Inotera reports increased revenues for April
Stockwatch | May 6, 16:50
Powertech April revenues increase
Stockwatch | May 6, 16:49
Macronix reports on-year rise for April revenues
Stockwatch | May 6, 16:48
Nanya sees April revenues decline
Stockwatch | May 6, 16:47
IC distributor WPG reports increased earnings for 1Q16
Newswatch | May 6, 14:52
Taiwan April CPI rises, says DGBAS
May 6, 11:45
Faraday swings to profit in 1Q16
May 6, 10:56
Global Unichip net profit rise over 40% in 1Q16
May 6, 10:53
Yageo April revenues rise on-year
Stockwatch | May 6, 10:46
SPIL April revenues down on-year
May 5, 21:53
PTI to buy factory building from Epistar for NT$620 million
Stockwatch | May 5, 21:51
PCB firm Apex reports increased April revenues
May 5, 20:15
HMI to see strong rebound in 2Q16, says report
Stockwatch | May 5, 19:52
TPK Holding revenues decrease in April
Stockwatch | May 5, 16:16
Realtek Semiconductor reports increased revenues for April
Stockwatch | May 5, 16:13
Quartz component maker TXC to increase capex for 2016
Newswatch | May 5, 14:18
China firm to hold up to 40% of Viking
May 5, 09:53
CMOS image sensors expected to set record-high sales for another 5 years, says IC Insights
May 5, 09:52
Maturing smartphone market signals falling growth for wireless semiconductors, IHS says
May 5, 09:47
VIS expects to post up to 5% revenue growth in 2Q16
May 5, 09:43
Ichia reports revenues down in April
Stockwatch | May 4, 21:28
FocalTech looks to double-digit shipment growth in 2Q16
May 4, 10:57
- Japan earthquake
Earthquakes in Japan often cause huge damage. They have had strong impacts on the country's electronics...
- China: Big plans for homegrown chips
A CNY120 billion (US$19 billion) national industry investment fund has been set up to help local foundries...
- ASE seeking to take up major stake in SPIL
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) is seeking to acquire an up to 25% stake in fellow packaging...
- MediaTek steps up expansion with new acquisitions
After acquiring MStar Semiconductor, MediaTek has announced more acquisitions.
- SEMICON Taiwan 2014
Semicon Taiwan 2014 will kick off in Taipei from September 3-5, with this year's theme focusing on...
- Prospects of IC backend sector
Digitimes Research expects Taiwan's IC backend production to outperform global average n 2014
Radiant reports increased revenues for April
Stockwatch | May 6, 16:50
Public display shipments and revenues rebound, says IHS
May 6, 16:11
AUO sees April revenues drop
May 6, 15:15
Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship 49.42 million large-size TFT-LCD panels in 1Q16
May 4, 21:32
AUO to recruit 3,000 employees in Taiwan
May 4, 11:11
- Ultra HD
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
- Quantum Dot TV technology breaking into the market
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens...
- Advantest VOICE 2016 Developer Conference Opens May 10 in San Diego, CA and May 18 in Taiwan, Offering Technical Sessions, Keynote Speakers, Interactive Kiosks and Networking Activities
- Elo expands projective capacitive touchscreen line
- GSMA announces further details for Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2016
- With a decade of achievements, AVEXIR Technologies establishes itself as gamers' favorite
- KMF protection class II: Compact power entry module for protection class II equipment
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Dassault Systemes, a European multinational software company that develops 3D design, 3D engineering,...
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...