IT + CE | Feb 24, 11:07
Worldwide robot makers have been expanding their capacity recently with Germany-based Kuka cooperating with the China-based Midea Group to expand its capacity...
IT + CE | Feb 24, 10:48
First-quarter 2017 results of Taiwan-based makers in the iPad supply chain, notably touch panel makers TPK Holding and General Interface Solution (GIS), are...
Bits + chips | Feb 24, 10:33
It is unlikely to see 450mm (18-inch) wafer fabrication technology become mature over the next three years, according to Applied Materials CEO Gary Dickerson...
Bits + chips | Feb 24, 09:55
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) is on track to start risk production of 5nm chips in the first half of 2019, said company co-CEO Mark Liu at its annual supply chain management forum on February 23.
Advantech sets up WISE-PaaS Marketplace as IoT application store
Feb 24, 16:46
Senyun to rent plants at CTSP for lens manufacturing, says paper
Newswatch | Feb 24, 15:39
Advantech introduces edge computing to IoT solutions
Feb 24, 15:35
Acer provides smart health platform to Changhua Christian Hospital
Feb 24, 15:15
Advantech nets NT$8.96 per share for 2016
Feb 24, 14:58
Ability Opto-Electronics sees earnings improve significantly in 2016
Newswatch | Feb 23, 16:00
Asustek likely to unveil new 2-in-1 model at MWC 2017
Newswatch | Feb 23, 15:29
GPU shipments total 100 million in 4Q16, says John Peddie
Feb 23, 12:26
AMD to release Ryzen in March with initial shipments to top 1 million
Feb 23, 11:01
Worldwide public cloud services spending forecast to reach US$122.5 billion in 2017, says IDC
Feb 22, 15:49
Taiwan makers to ship 1.2 million VR HMD devices in 2017, says MIC
Newswatch | Feb 22, 12:32
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
- VR/AR new hope for 2017?
With gaming products becoming popular and VR/AR applications having become the latest topics in the...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
Qualcomm makes splash with VR announcements
Feb 24, 17:01
Qualcomm share of China AP market to hit 30% for first time since 2012
Feb 24, 16:37
Taiwan starts LWA 4G+Wi-Fi commercial operation
Feb 24, 15:43
LTCC device maker ACX reports record high EPS for 2016
Newswatch | Feb 24, 15:17
Merry sees EPS hit record high in 2016
Newswatch | Feb 24, 14:41
Arcadyan sees EPS more than double in 2016
Stockwatch | Feb 24, 13:51
Silitech suffers losses in 2016
Stockwatch | Feb 24, 13:50
MWC 2017 set for a new round of competition for smartphones
Feb 24, 12:20
Samsung steps up cooperation with China-based handset suppliers
Feb 24, 11:41
HTC aims high while LG look low in India smartphone market
Feb 23, 11:44
Taiwan approves Dynami Vision acquisition of Macquarie APTT Management
Feb 23, 11:07
Qualcomm, ZTE and China Mobile to collaborate on 5G NR trials at 3.5 GHz
Feb 22, 16:35
Qualcomm begins comeback fight against Korean FTC
Feb 22, 16:22
Intel pushing new 5G chip
Feb 22, 15:31
Taiwan market: Smartphone shipments up slightly in January
Newswatch | Feb 22, 15:30
Foxconn vice president and Asia Pacific Telecom chairman Lu Fang-ming
- HTC updates
HTC's latest development
- Asustek phones
Asustek's smartphone shipments may have been disappointing in 2016, but the vendor is seeking a rebound...
TD-LTE is the mainstream global choice for 4G asymmetric frequency spectrum networks
FCCL maker Taiflex sees earnings hit 4-year low in 2016
Newswatch | Feb 24, 16:04
Kaimei Electronic fails to acquire significant stake in Ta-I
Feb 24, 15:03
SSD and eMMC prices to rise 15% in 2Q17, says DRAMeXchange
Feb 24, 14:15
Winbond mulls opening 12-inch wafer fab in Singapore, says report
Feb 24, 13:51
Taiwan maintains largest share of global IC wafer fab capacity, says IC Insights
Feb 24, 11:07
Taiwan January unemployment rate down, says DGBAS
Feb 24, 10:54
Taiwan January manufacturing production index down on month, up on year, says MOEA
Feb 24, 10:52
WPG expects sales to recover starting 2Q17
Feb 23, 22:26
VIS expects to post up to 5% revenue decrease in 1Q17
Feb 23, 22:24
UMC enters mass production for 14nm chips
Feb 23, 22:23
MediaTek gross margin unlikely to recover
Feb 23, 14:56
Samsung launches 10nm Exynos 9-series processor
Feb 23, 11:29
Elan expects to post 6-9% decrease in 1Q17 revenues
Feb 23, 11:26
North American semiconductor equipment industry posts US$1.86 billion in January billings
Feb 23, 10:38
Globalfoundries announces availability of 45nm RF SOI to advance 5G mobile communications
Feb 23, 10:31
MediaTek-Richtek deal probed for possible insider trading
Feb 23, 10:25
UMC to pay NT$0.50 cash dividend for 2016
Stockwatch | Feb 23, 10:24
PTI to deal out cash dividend of NT$4 for 2016
Feb 23, 09:47
Diode maker Eris to hand out NT$3.46 in dividends for 2016
Newswatch | Feb 22, 21:36
Memory module maker Apacer to hand out cash dividend of NT$2.40 for 2016
Newswatch | Feb 22, 21:30
Toshiba to begin mass production of 64-layer, 512-gigabit 3D flash in 2H17
Feb 22, 18:19
PCB maker Tripod sees EPS hit 5-year high in 2016
Newswatch | Feb 22, 14:45
3S Silicon Tech debuts on Taiwan emerging stock market
Feb 22, 14:14
WPG adjusts distribution channnel for TI products
Feb 22, 13:57
TSMC reportedly to join bid for stake in Toshiba memory business
Feb 22, 13:45
Silicon Valley-based foundry Noel Technologies expands production by 25%
Feb 22, 13:43
Marketech profit climbs to 12-year high
Feb 22, 11:50
- The 10nm competition
TSMC and Samsung have been competing for clients for the 10nm node.
- Japan earthquake
Earthquakes in Japan often cause huge damage. They have had strong impacts on the country's electronics...
- China: Big plans for homegrown chips
A CNY120 billion (US$19 billion) national industry investment fund has been set up to help local foundries...
- ASE seeking to take up major stake in SPIL
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) is seeking to acquire an up to 25% stake in fellow packaging...
- MediaTek steps up expansion with new acquisitions
After acquiring MStar Semiconductor, MediaTek has announced more acquisitions.
- SEMICON Taiwan 2014
Semicon Taiwan 2014 will kick off in Taipei from September 3-5, with this year's theme focusing on...
- Prospects of IC backend sector
Digitimes Research expects Taiwan's IC backend production to outperform global average n 2014
LG Display may become supplier to Samsung
Feb 22, 15:04
Harvatek showcases transparent LED display at Smart City Summit & Expo 2017
Feb 23, 10:52
Epistar to produce VCSELs
Feb 22, 21:34
Transparent LED display developed by Harvatek
- Picowork builds collaborative cloud environment, an essential tool for IoT and Industry 4.0 data communication
- UMC Enters Mass Production for 14nm Customer ICs
- Clientron to present its POS Solution at EuroShop 2017
- Entegris announces higher-purity gas purification system platform with expanded manufacturing in Asia
- Spirox resolved to propose termination of exclusive distributor agreement with Xcerra Corporation
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...