IT + CE | Mar 12, 11:28
The security solutions market is an increasingly important market as the IT industry develops and security concerns strengthen. In Taiwan, security solutions...
IT + CE | Mar 11, 20:30
Acer and Asustek Computer have increased tablet orders released to China-based ODMs, according to Taiwan-based supply chain makers.
Green energy | Mar 12, 11:40
China-based polysilicon makers are poised to recommend that the China government set a floor import price of US$26/kg for Europe-produced polysilicon in place...
Displays | Mar 11, 20:27
Notebook component suppliers such as panel and touch panel makers are expected to see only slight growth in March as notebook vendors continue to expect weak demand in the first half of 2014, according to industry sources.
SZS sees 28% on-month drop in February revenues
Mar 12, 15:59
BenQ Medical Technology steps into implant dentistry through joint venture with AB Dental Devices
Mar 12, 15:37
Digitimes Research: South Korea aims to acquire 40% share in wearable device market by 2020
Mar 12, 14:58
Taiwan notebook ODMs impacted by on-month revenue drops in February
Mar 11, 15:50
Consumer electronics market tumbles in China as major device shipments slide in 2013, says IHS
Mar 11, 14:37
Foxconn February revenues down on month, up on year
Mar 11, 14:32
China market: B2C transactions top CNY194 billion in 4Q13, says Analysys
Mar 11, 14:22
Gamania February revenues hit record
Mar 11, 11:55
Taiwan market: Consumer digital camera unit sales drop as much as 40% in 2013
Mar 11, 11:48
Acer February revenues up sequentially
Mar 11, 11:42
ARM to see pricing advantages against Intel in micro-server industry
Mar 10, 21:21
Delta Electronics February revenues down on month, up on year
Mar 10, 21:19
Digital camera players offering cheap full-frame DSLR cameras to boost sales
Mar 10, 21:04
MEA tablet market sees explosive growth on back of strong consumer and corporate demand, says IDC
Mar 10, 13:53
Taiwan PC vendors facing brain drain
Mar 10, 12:19
Asia Optical pays over US$33 million to settle patent disputes with Kodak
Stockwatch | Mar 10, 10:52
Synnex Technology February revenues down on month, up on year
Mar 10, 10:49
HP, Dell in talks with server makers about cooperation
Mar 7, 15:46
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
- Server, a new gold mine for Taiwan ODMs
The server business has become a major revenue contributor for Taiwan ODMs as larger Internet players...
- Taiwan component suppliers losing their love from notebook brand vendors
As China component suppliers are growing quickly and offering quotes a lot lower than their Taiwan...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
TWM, FET post January-February net EPS of NT$1.02, NT$0.61
Mar 11, 14:20
HTC, Sony Mobile and LG shifting focus to mid-range smartphone models
Mar 11, 13:43
Chunghwa Telecom reports profits for February
Mar 11, 12:00
Digitimes Research: China smartphone vendors rely on international brands for overseas expansion
Mar 10, 14:59
More handset makers joining WP camp
Mar 10, 11:31
STATS ChipPAC introduces FlexLine wafer level packaging method
Mar 12, 16:07
Equipment maker Machvision see profits up 45% in 2013
Mar 12, 15:53
ChipMOS net profits nearly double in 2013
Newswatch | Mar 12, 15:52
VIS reportedly to acquire an 8-inch fab from Nanya Technology
Mar 11, 21:53
ASE may land more packaging orders for Apple A8 CPUs
Mar 11, 21:40
Diode makers to post higher revenues in 1Q14
Mar 11, 15:41
Adata to deliver dividend of NT$7.07 for 2013
Newswatch | Mar 11, 15:00
TSMC 20nm wafer production delayed temporarily, but will not affect shipments
Mar 11, 13:45
TSMC, UMC post mixed results for February
Mar 11, 11:30
FPCB makers Zhen Ding, Flexium to benefit from planned launch of large-size iPhones
Mar 10, 21:49
ZTE to deepen cooperation with Taiwan-based PCB suppliers
Mar 10, 21:17
SPIL to perform better than expected in 1Q14
Mar 10, 14:50
Apex to ramp up TV board shipments in 2014
Mar 10, 14:48
Taiwan February export value down on month, up on year, says MOF
Mar 10, 10:45
ASE reports decreased revenues for February
Mar 7, 15:28
KYEC February sales up 7%
Mar 7, 15:01
ASE may land more packaging orders for Apple A8 CPUs
- ASE accused of discharging wastewater into rivers
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, the world's largest IC packaging house, has been fined NT$600,000...
- Fire at SK Hynix China fab
A fire at SK Hynix' plant in China has pushed up DRAM prices.
- TSMC warns of weaker sales in 4Q13
The IC supply chain continues to manage inventories in the fourth quarter of 2013, while demand for...
Interactive whiteboard and flat panel display sales to education and corporate segments reach 1.3 million units in 2013, says firm
Mar 12, 15:57
China market: FPD TV sales decrease in 4Q13, says Analysys
Mar 12, 11:44
China TV vendors expected to drop pricing by 10% for new Ultra HD TVs released in 2014
Mar 11, 22:03
Taiwan touch panel makers drop product pricing; plan to adjust production lines
Mar 11, 15:43
Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers to see shipments drop 5% in 1Q14
Mar 11, 15:22
Young Optics reports increased on-year February performance
Mar 11, 14:34
Coretronic ships 6.47 million BLUs in February
Mar 11, 11:08
Retailers in China drop LCD TV pricing by 30%
Mar 10, 15:31
HannStar Display small- to mid-size panel shipments shrink in February
Mar 10, 14:53
Innolux reports declined performance in February
Mar 7, 15:18
AUO reports on-month decline in February revenues
Mar 7, 14:59
- Ultra HD
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
- Flexible Display Technology
Flexible displays are expected to become more widely used in mobile applications in 2014. But how flexible...
- How much of a risk are China panel makers for Taiwan's panel industry?
China panel makers are continuing to increase their production capacity in addition to improving their...
Utility spending on asset management and grid monitoring technology will reach nearly US$50 billion through 2023, says firm
Mar 10, 15:42
High-concentration solar PV systems to reach greater efficiencies, boosting appeal against conventional solutions, says IHS
Mar 10, 14:10
Aleo as competitive as China PV module makers, says SAS chairman
Mar 10, 10:50
US ITC names 5 Taiwan solar cell makers as candidate respondents in anti-dumping probe, sources say
Mar 7, 15:56
- WD tiered portfolio of hard drives helps storage solutions providers address big data
- MSI introduces all new gaming products at CeBIT 2014
- EverFocus showcasing integration at Secutech 2014
- MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING - built to be perfect
- Tatung aggressively expanding in Middle East: Smart energy-saving solutions showcased at Middle East Electricity 2014
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- The developments of the security solutions market in Greater China: Q&A with EverFocus product marketing manager Tony Lin
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone vendors rely on international brands for overseas expansion
- Digitimes Research: Google to get the brunt of dual OS tablets while Microsoft to benefit the most
- Digitimes Research: Cortex-A17 to take over ARM high-end/mid-range 32-bit business
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Intel unveils latest Education Tablet and Classmate PC
- AMD offers new 12- and 16-core additions to Opteron 6300 series
- CES 2014: Samsung unveils 12-inch tablet lineups
- CES 2014: HP unveils new 27-inch all-in-one workstation and new Android-based all-in-one PC
- CES 2014: LG unveils new wearable innovations
The security solutions market is an increasingly important market as the IT industry develops and security...
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...