The 2013 Taiwan International Lighting Show was held in Taipei, Taiwan, from March 26-29, 2013.
Last update: Thursday 11 April 2013
Micron Technology and Elpida Memory's trustees have reached an agreement for Micron to acquire Elpida. Micron also announced a separate agreement with Powerchip Technology and certain of its affiliates to acquire the Powerchip...
Last update: Monday 1 April 2013
Taiwan-based DRAM chipmakers including Powerchip Technology and ProMOS Technologies are considering selling fabs in order to preserve cash and strengthen their financial structures.
Last update: Thursday 28 March 2013
Specializing in the manufacture of memory chips and LCD panels, Samsung's component operations are undergoing a focus shift to advanced process design fabrication targeting mobile communications applications. The move will...
Last update: Tuesday 26 March 2013
China-based large-size solar firm Suntech Power Holdings failed to pay back US$541 million in convertible notes on March 15 and announced the insolvency measure for its China subsidiary, Wuxi Suntech on March 20.
Last update: Friday 22 March 2013
Panel makers are gearing up to produce Full HD applications for high-end smartphones.
Last update: Tuesday 19 March 2013
Japan is facing its worst crisis since the end of World War II. The devastating earthquake, tsunami and the threat of a meltdown at a nuclear power plant have not only caused heavy casualties and severe damage, but also...
Last update: Wednesday 13 March 2013
Rumors have circulated for a while that Apple is looking to reduce its dependency on Samsung Electronics as a major chip supplier due to the two's direct competition in the smartphone and tablet PC markets.
Last update: Wednesday 27 February 2013
China government reportedly planned to announce the preliminary result of the anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigation on February 20, but now the announcement has been delayed, according to China-based reports.
Last update: Wednesday 20 February 2013
HTC has launched its new flagship smartphone in hopes to regain market share
Last update: Wednesday 20 February 2013
Taiwan's LED industry is optimistc about 2013
Last update: Friday 25 January 2013
China-based Huawei Technologies has reported handsome profits for 2012.
Last update: Tuesday 22 January 2013
Philips, Osram, Genesis Photonics, Opto Tech, Panasonic, Toshiba Lightech and Everlight participate in Lighting Japan 2013.
Last update: Friday 18 January 2013
China-based vendors have been aggressive in rolling out new smartphones.
Last update: Friday 11 January 2013
The DRAM industry accounts for about 10% of global semiconductor revenues, and chronic oversupply and diminished demand has led to a near collapse in the industry, with related shock waves affecting growth in the semiconductor...
Last update: Thursday 27 December 2012
Neo Solar Power to merge with Delta's subsidiary, DelSolar
Last update: Friday 14 December 2012
MediaTek has announced plans to merge with fellow IC design company MStar Semiconductor following the completion of its tender offer to buy a portion of MStar shares. MediaTek said it expects to complete the merger process...
Last update: Thursday 6 December 2012
Mass-market products particularly smartphones have boosted demand for motion sensors such asMEMS accelerometers and gyroscopes
Last update: Wednesday 21 November 2012
HTC and Apple have reached a settlement that includes the dismissal of all current lawsuits and a 10-year license agreement. About two months ago, HTC chairperson Cher Wang said that the company had no intentions of settling...
Last update: Wednesday 14 November 2012
DRAM inventory levels have remained high, reflecting disappointing PC sales thus far in the second half of 2012 despite it being the traditional peak season.
Last update: Tuesday 6 November 2012
The European Commission announced on September 6, 2012 the decision to start anti-dumping investigation against China-based solar firms
Last update: Thursday 1 November 2012
As Microsoft launched its latest Windows 8 and RT operating system, there are many players already launched the related products, while some expect the software to change the IT industry
Last update: Wednesday 31 October 2012
HTC has been struggling. It is even laying off some of its staff.
Last update: Friday 26 October 2012
LCD TV panel prices have stabilized, with the China TV market reporting strong sales during the October 1 National Day holidays.
Last update: Monday 22 October 2012
As Apple, Google and Microsoft are all expected to release new tablets in near future, smaller tablet brand vendors may have trouble trying to survive in the battlefield.
Last update: Friday 19 October 2012
AMD has been aggressively adjusting its APU prices and roadmap in hoping to maintain its competitiveness
Last update: Monday 15 October 2012
Several research firms have announced reports about weak PC shipment performance in 2012
Last update: Friday 12 October 2012
PV Taiwan 2012 was held in Taipei from October 3-5, 2012.
Last update: Friday 12 October 2012
Taiwan-based LED chipmaker expands capacity and plans to take over Huga Optotech through share swap
Last update: Monday 1 October 2012
Contract prices for DRAM memory fell over 10% in August 2012, and continued their downward trend in the first half of September. End-market demand has been disappointing.
Last update: Friday 14 September 2012
SEMICON Taiwan 2012 took place in Taipei during September 5-7. A series of technology forums were held with industry heavyweights to share their points of view and opinions on the future of technology.
Last update: Monday 10 September 2012
AMD in the past few months, saw many of its executives have resigned from their posts and the trend is still going on.
Last update: Tuesday 4 September 2012
Many local and foreign makers, such as AUO, CMI and Corning, are at Touch Taiwan 2012 from August 29-31.
Last update: Friday 31 August 2012
China, EU, US, India, and South Korea are all facing trade barriers in the solar market
Last update: Wednesday 29 August 2012
Taiwan-based LED firms have been seeing improving financial results
Last update: Friday 24 August 2012
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone AP shipments to fall almost 20% in 1Q16
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship 10.235 million LCD TVs in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Konica Minolta showcases flexible OLED lighting panels at Lighting Japan 2016
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments increase 11.5% on quarter in 4Q15
- Chinese Semiconductor Industry's Latest Move: Sage Micro's Low-key Acquisition of Initio
- CAYIN Invites Visitors to Think Outside Digital Signage at ISE 2016
- AVEXIR launched ROG certified memory: Unleash your ROG spirit
- Critical materials council to be managed by TECHCET in 2016
- NANIUM's latest WL3D solution reduces space required by 5X
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
5-Feb-2016 markets closed
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...