- Be the first to comment
- Inventec to push cloud computing and solar businesses for 2014-2016, says chairman
- Taiwan IC suppliers developing chips for MediaTek smartphone solutions
- Coolpad adopts on-cell touch solution co-developed by FocalTech and CPT
- China-based handset vendors creating secondary brands
- Vizio releases majority of 2014 TV ODM orders to TPV and Wistron
- Global PV installation capacity to reach 40GWp in 2014, says BOE
- Foxconn lawsuit may cause Lotes to lose rights to sell USB 3.0 products
- Globalfoundries adjusts global workforce
- More IC players to step into LCD driver IC market in 2014
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone sales to top 436 million units in 2014
- China Mobile to procure about 100 million TD-LTE smartphones in 2014, says chairman
- Foxconn planning panel R&D center in Taiwan
- Epistar to increase investments in two China subsidiaries
- Car display shipments increase due to demand for electric, hybrid vehicles in 2013, says DisplaySearch
- Samsung looking to establish data center with help from HP and Quanta
- Entire Technology to start production at PET film factory in northern Taiwan in 1Q14
- VIA claims NT$4.14 billion compensation for IP infringements by Asustek, ASMedia
- ITRI transfers DSSC technology to Formosa Plastics
- AMD aims to hike global DIY market share; updates 2014 roadmap
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan LCD driver IC revenues up over 10% in 2013
- Genesis Photonics to defer production at factory in eastern China
- LED driver IC vendors receiving short lead-time orders
- Lite-On Technology to merge with Leotek, other subsidiaries
- DRAM contract prices continue growth on tight supplies, says DRAMeXchange
- Big Data technology and service market expected to grow to US$32.4 billion in 2017, says IDC
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
While Mozilla has offered Firefox OS for less than two years, the operating system based on HTML5 and...
Cavendish Kinetics recently announced the availability of production samples of its tunable RF capacitors...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...