- Handset chip vendors to promote peripheral chips in 2016
- Solartech Energy November revenues hit 55-month high
- Ichia reports decreased November revenues
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to drop less than 5% in 2016 thanks to large-size models
- Digitimes Research: Global application processor market to rise 8.5% in 2016
- US$1.6 billion market forecast for chemical materials used to make LCD panels in 2015, says IHS
- Annual fuel cell car and bus sales to exceed 228,000 by 2024, says Navigant
- Technology to project virtual reality images inside MRI systems helps reduce patient anxiety, says Toshiba
- Open bids for 2,500-2,600MHz bands increase to NT$26.305 billion, says NCC
- Taiwan market: Logitech offers gaming peripherals for bundled sale with Ubisoft game
- UMC Xiamen fab to go online as early as 3Q16, says report
- Inotera buys equipment from Micron
- TSMC orders NT$6.8 billion of equipment
- Taiwan panel makers calling on China government for component tariff reductions
- More Taiwan firms step up development for large-size touchscreen ICs
- Samsung Display showing signs of surpassing LG Display in revenues
- LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
- Wistron lands tourism-related cloud computing service orders in Southeast Asia
- BenQ applying Productivity 4.0-based smart factory solutions to Qisda factory
- Opto Tech sees booming shipments of LED display panels
- TSMC to dispose of Xintec shares
- TSMC to dispose of more Motech shares
- Upstream supply chain expects new Nintendo games console to achieve 10-12 million unit shipments in 2016
- Neo Solar Power adjusting allocation of solar cell capacities
- GCL-Poly Energy to reduce solar wafer supply to Taiwan cell makers
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
China-based Tsinghua Unigroup is currently riding high in the global semiconductor industry with a...
While the product life cycles of analog ICs are getting shorter and shorter, the technical standards...
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...