- 18 Jun 2013:
- Toshiba has expanded its package line-up of interface-converter bridge LSIs for high resolution LCD display that are used in tablets, Ultrabooks and other applications.
- The smartphone and consumer electronics maker is close to launching an incubator space for startups that are developing software and services for phones, tablet computers and televisions.
- 14 Jun 2013:Samsung's Galaxy S4 handset is well on its way to becoming the company's bestselling smartphone. Samsung Electronics co-CEO Shin Jong-kyun told The Korea Times the Galaxy S4 is set to surpass the 10 million sales mark next week.
- NEC will cut about 400 of the less than 900 workers at its mobile phone handset unit to reduce fixed costs at the loss-making business, the Nikkei reported Thursday.
- Analysts have projected that IBM is likely to cut 6,000-8,000 jobs worldwide and from a variety of positions.
- 13 Jun 2013:
- 11 Jun 2013:
- Sony is set to sell the PlayStation 4 for a cheaper price than Microsoft's rival Xbox One.
- Google is on the cusp of paying more than US$1 billion for navigation and traffic application Waze, said a person familiar with the negotiations, as the Internet giant looks to boost its own navigation offerings around the world.
- 7 Jun 2013:
- JPMorgan said weak demand for Samsung's flagship phone, the Galaxy S4, from Europe was likely to impact earnings.
- 6 Jun 2013:With the return of PC manufacturing to the US, the company is adding 115 new manufacturing jobs in North Carolina and is on track to fully ramp up production by the end of June.
- Contract chipmaker Globalfoundries will spend US$4.5 billion to boost production capacity in 2013, anticipating a burst in orders for chips used in low-cost smartphones.
- 5 Jun 2013:
- 4 Jun 2013:Qualcomm works with Microsoft to offer Snapdragon 800 processors for Windows RT 8.1 (June 4) - Company releaseQualcomm has expanded its Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processors portfolio to include support for Microsoft Windows RT 8.1.
- 3 Jun 2013:
- Samsung Electronics has chosen an Intel processor to power a new version of one of its top-tier Android tablets, a source with knowledge of the plans told Reuters.
- 31 May 2013:
- Advantech Releases 6U CompactPCI Board with 4th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- Advantech to Support CompactPCI PlusIO and Serial Standards
- ABB to showcase leading-edge power distribution technologies at CIRED
- Fanless In-Vehicle Systems with Intel Core i7
- FIC partners with Cluster Wireless to deliver Intelligent M2M Solutions
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Analogix eyes link between smartphones and HD displays
- Commentary: Price competition over 7-inch tablets erodes profits
- Taiwan FTC investigates Samsung over false advertising allegations
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
- Blog: Google Glass may enjoy demand from more than just regular users
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Over 1,700 exhibitors occupying 5,000 booths are showcasing their latest products at one of the world's leading ICT event.
Executives talk about their companies, products and the markets.
Singapore-based Gajah International Pte Ltd (Gajah) has won several Computex 2013 Design and Innovation...
Just before Computex 2013, Digitimes spoke with Jeff Baer, marketing director for Embedded Wireless,...
Jason LS Chen is a vice president in the Sales and Marketing Group at Intel and is responsible for...
Despite being one of the market leaders in the motherboard and graphics card industries, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...