- 23 Nov 2014:Qualcomm, which uses processor technology licensed from ARM, follows a handful of other ARM chip suppliers that are trying to offer server chips.
- Qualcomm said it is holding "difficult discussions" with Chinese authorities as the world's largest maker of mobile-phone chips tries to resolve an investigation that's hurting the collection of licensing revenue.
- 21 Nov 2014:According to Qualcomm, who builds many of today's key technologies in mobile, 4K smartphones are just around the corner, and they'll take pixel counts to an - arguably absurd - new level.
- Marvell Technology has forecast lower-than-expected revenue for the current quarter as weak demand for its chips used in third-generation mobile communication offset a rise in sales of its more profitable 4G LTE chips.
- Qualcomm announces fifth-generation LTE multimode modem for download speeds of up to 450Mbps and next-generation envelope tracker for optimized power consumption (Nov 19) - Company releaseDesigned with LTE connectivity, both products are designed to work together to support fast downloads, swift application performance, as well as provide enhanced thermal efficiency and optimized power consumption. These two new products are currently sampling with customers and are anticipated to be commercially available in 2015.
- 19 Nov 2014:Korea Times claims Samsung will be lead supplier for next year's A-series chips (Nov 17) - 9to5Mac.comKorea Times is claiming that a deal has been struck with Apple for Samsung to supply 80% of the chips for next year's iPhones and iPads, with TSMC picking up the balance of orders.
- 18 Nov 2014:Intel plans to combine operations that handle chips for personal computers with those targeting smartphones and tablets, according to an email sent to employees by Chief Executive Brian Krzanich.
- Fairchild has announced management changes that streamline the company's reporting structure.
- Marvell has announced two new 64-bit mobile processors targeting the fast growing global LTE market: a new mobile SoC based on octa-cores for high performance smartphones and tablets and another that uses quad-cores for economy models.
- Knowles Corporation Taiwan celebrates its 40th anniversary
- Indium Corporation expands Malaysia technical support, adds team members
- Solid State Disk Innovator Emerges from Stealth Mode: Sage Microelectronics' New Technology Breaks 'Terabyte Barrier' with 5TB SSD Controller IC
- Advantest introduces leading-edge tester for display driver semiconductors used in high-resolution LCD panels
- Conquer Electronics' Innovation - Industrial Micro Fuses
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Perforce Software Introduces Perforce Swarm
- Perforce Unveils Git Fusion, Improving Git Experience
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Digitimes Research: MediaTek, Rockchip to join Chromebook market
- Digitimes Research: Intel looking to promote x86 architecture to China chip designers
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm far ahead of Marvell and MediaTek in China LTE market
Semicon Taiwan 2014 will kick off in Taipei from September 3-5, with this year's theme focusing on advanced wafer processes, next-generation memory technologies,...
Digitimes Research expects Taiwan's IC backend production to outperform global average n 2014
TSMC and UMC see strong results for 1Q14
MediaTek's presence in China has been expanding.
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
Until recently, Vitesse Semiconductor saw its core market as being the carrier Ethernet market, particularly...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...